Thread: TRUTH social

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

TRUTH social

Trump is making a anti censorship social media platform named truth social!!!!

Will it kill Facebook? God I hope so

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I some how doubt it. Trump and his followers might use it. Other than that? Thing is it might run into trouble a lot. If people can just about post anything. What one person says is true, another might say is not true. Owber would be open to a lot of law suits. If false stuff was posted. Hate FB and the warnings they hand out. Get about 1 a month. They are just covering themselves.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Doubt it as well. Will get some people. But won't attract most.

Facebook does have a generational problem mind. As in Gen Z don't use it. Think Facebook is for old people. Will have to see if this latest Facebook scandal causes a drop in usage. Only really use it for the messenger these days. But considering a jump to Telegram after this.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Chances are people will use it to write bad things about Trump. He will want them deleted. Not really much different than FB in that case. I mean anti Trump people. I am sure if something new came along people might give it a go. Never heard of Telegram before. On FB people are fed up with the 30 day posting bans and the constant warnings.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Telegram is just a messaging app, like WhatsApp and Facebook but not owned by Facebook (Or should I say, "Meta")

Lot of the social media sites seems to alternate between banning people for spurious reasons, in some cases just for mass reports - and then in Facebooks case alarming stuff like allowing a literal slave market to take place on Instagram and only removing it when Apple threatened to kick it off its app store, not because of, you know, human trafficking, and promoting suicide ideation, self harm and pro-ana posts to vulnerable teenagers because it drove engagement, meaning it could be more ad revenue from the ads shown - and knowing full well what its algorithm was doing, but not acting. The last one which has led to a few suicides here.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The really dumb thing about FB is they are warning us about things we posted 10 plus years ago. Seriously, how stupid is that? These are posts we would have forgotten we made. Probably just jokes at the time. Latest one I got was a warning for sexual content. Over what? My own face on a fake body.

I get they have to keep an eye on things. But surely they can tell the difference between serious things and jokes. Had a friend get the 30 day ban for saying the Irish government should be strung up outside the GPO. An off the cuff remark. Know another person who never gets banned and posts pictures of the FB owner dressed as Hitler. Makes lots of comments about life today been like life during the Nazi time. I post a picture of postman pat in a Nazi uniform and I get a warning.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Well, Suckerberg is trying to counter it.
    Fakebook's reputation, now tarnished, is coming out with a new platform.....Regretta.
    @Otherside - I worry about Suckerberg becoming a new George Soros.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I always remember that poor guy from Kilbarrack, Ireland who kept being hit with a Facebook ban for saying which town he lived in. Think he provided Facebook with a map in the end.
    @Ironman Zuckerberg is all about the money. All that has been done is in the pursuit of that. Could have made the changes to that algorithm if they wanted. But they did not because it would hit "engagement", because engagement = ad revenue. They are hoping that all the fuss about the Facebook Papers will eventually die down. It probably will. People already know "Meta" is scummy. This is just further evidence that "Meta" is scummy.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    That poor guy was a neighbour. They thought he wanted to kill Barrack. As in Obama. All he done was take the Hollywood sign and changed in to Kilbarrack. Trust me we all got a good laugh out of it. All they had to do was view all our profiles. They would have seen we were all from Kilbarrack.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Theres a guy here who changed his name to DJ. All done legally. Has had drivers licenses, passports, all of that issued out with his name as "DJ". But Facebook has banned him because they say DJ is not his name. Still keeping the ban even after he's showed the drivers license, the passport with "DJ" on it.

I've noticed Facebook moderation isn't as great when it comes to British English. Our humour is darker. We insult each other in jest. Is non-existant in some other places, because they do not have moderation teams that speak the language. But the algorithm is still there, promoting the dangerous posts. Those posts which get an emoji like are worth more than a like. So a post that gets an angry like gets promoted.

Have had some people link that algorithm promoting those posts to ethnic violence in Ethiopia at the moment. Was one that was false news, accusing one village of kidnappings and murders. Got promoted. Few days later the village was burnt to the ground.

I know why people take a job at Facebook. Because it can do wonders for your career. Is one of those things - they see you have Facebook on your CV and it helps you get a job at other Big Tech. I don't get how people can still work there. Would resign if I working for a company like that.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The DJ one is odd. I know loads of people who change their names more often than not. Just for the sake of a name change on FB. Did wonder before who certain people on my friend's list were. They just changed the name they were using. There was never any problems doing it.

I think Americans get away with a lot more on FB that some of us would. The whole Nazi thing is a classic example. I do it for a laugh and get a warning. An American friend does it day in, day out, and never gets a warning. We could post the exact same thing. FB for you.

I am sure they have their own agenda with certain posts. Push some so more people will see it. Down other ones so nobody will see them.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    The guys full name is DJ. No surname. Just DJ. Is legal to change your name to what you want here. Passport people might object to issuing out a passport with certain words in it mind. Process called Deed Poll. Not to difficult to do. And once you have the Deed Poll you can get the documents issued out with your new name. UKGov has accepted his name as DJ and issued out a passport with that on it. But Facebook won't, even after seeing the passport. Hence we have a few people who have there name as "Lord" because they deed polled. But they are not Lords.

Could be you are being reported? Europeans are more sensitive to the Nazi thing than Americans are, I've noticed.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    There is a censor thing on FB. Hitler gets flagged. I wonder why. Germans looking for a way to deal with all the bodies during Covid. I posted Hitler with his finger up making a suggestion about how to get rid of the bodies faster. Boom boom. American done similar. I got warned. They did not. Warning about Hitler not been allowed. Hence postman Pat dressed as Hitler too. Is flagged. Because of Hitler.

Have known a few who have changed their first names. Had a cousin do it. I get a name that is just DJ would seem odd. If that was what he wanted. Look at Prince. The singer. He because a symbol. Can see a lot of name changes in the future. All those silly names famous people call their kids. Those kids will grow up and change those names to normal names.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.