View Poll Results: Do You Vote Every Year?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 75.00%
  • No

1 25.00%
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)

Do You Vote Every Year?

I do, even though the parking lot where I vote is tiny and sometimes I have trouble finding a space. I'll admit I was very tempted to stay inside this time - rainy, cold weather made snuggling with my cat very tempting. But I still went.
    It is the light she longs to find,
    When she delights in learning more.
    Her world is learning; it defines
    The destiny she?s reaching for

- Marie Curie

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Vote on what exactly? As in there is nothing to vote on here in Ireland this year. Was nothing last year either. Next election is 2025. I do always vote though.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I vote whenever there is election. Local, national. Even do the police commissioner ones. Is not yearly though. Feel that you if you don't vote you dont get to moan about the politicians.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Vote on what exactly? As in there is nothing to vote on here in Ireland this year. Was nothing last year either. Next election is 2025. I do always vote though.
    We have elections every year. The US system is so complicated that there's always something to vote for between all the federal positions, the state positions, and the local positions, plus things like referendums and bonds.

Quote Otherside View Post
    I vote whenever there is election. Local, national. Even do the police commissioner ones. Is not yearly though. Feel that you if you don't vote you dont get to moan about the politicians.
    I feel the same way about not being able to complain if you don't vote. My preferred candidate for governor lost this year, but at least I know I did everything I could.

- Marie Curie

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I had to google the bonds - voting on government spending?

We do general, local, police commisioner here. Some places do Mayor. Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland have there own government elections but England doesn't really have its own parliament. Have had a few referendums. Last two been extremeley divisive (Should should be an Scotland be an independent country, and should we leave the European Union or not). Still very divisive even though both were five years ago.

Have joke candidates stand in our elections. Count Binface is fairly well known.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    @Otherside Yes, government spending. I haven't encountered any divisive questions or joke candidates. Outside of presidential elections, it's pretty boring. Someone at work was saying they didn't see the point, but we're actually district employees, which ultimately answers to the state. So statewide elections do affect us.

- Marie Curie

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    The divisiveness here over those referendums is similar to the divisness you have over there when it comes to Trump/Biden elections. Pretty much split the country 50/50.

Local elections are mostly dull. Have low turnout at those. One here had something like 20% turnout few months back. Covid restricitons at that time probably impacted that a bit.

Those joke candidates - once had a city elect one of them. A guy dressed up in a monkey costume. Was the mascot of the local football team. Didn't really have any serious policies. Just promised "Bananas for all." Poor guy was shocked to win. Hadn't expected it. Sunk it pretty quickly that he'd just been put in charge of a city and a multimillion pound budget.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Only in the last two federal elections (2019 and 2021). I haven't been engaged in more local politics.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I vote every chance I get even though it makes no difference in commiefornia!!! God I can’t wait to leave this awful state

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Way too much anxiety to vote

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.