Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    519 Post(s)

2021 NFL Playoffs

Anyone watching or have Super Bowl predictions?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Bengals to win it all because the gay in me is having problems dealing with my attraction to Joe Burrow.

That and Tiger stripes are VERY pretty.

EDIT: Okay, that response was true, but flavoured a little by beer....

I actually have a nerdish interest in American Football that tends to surprise people. These people often aren't aware I was a keen little athlete as a child or that I got to know the sport well because my brother got into it.

After today's games, the Bengals and the 49ers are through to their respective championship games, but I think that both look very vulnerable.

I have this sneaky feeling that the winner of the Bills and Chiefs will go on to be the AFC representative in the big game and that Old Man Brady and his Buccaneers (I think he may be the only active player who is actually older than me now. ) will take down the Rams (why did I originally write Eagles? ), then the 49ers.

My thought is that the Bills turn over the Chiefs and that they go on to lose their fifth Superb Owl against the Bucs. So, in short.... Brady wins again.

I am very much pulling for the Bengals though. I adopted them years ago because I happen to like Tigers. I thought it was very cool that they got Joe Burrow because I watched him win the College Football Championship with LSU and it made me question my sexuality.... also, he's really, REALLY good at football.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Cool.

Did you know former Browns coach Paul Brown helped form the Bengals. And the Browns are named after him

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Brown

Yes it is strange as hell seeing athletes born in the same year I graduated high school

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Well, looks like I was wrong. Bucs blew it against the Rams. I know Brady is not what he used to be, but I honestly felt like the Rams would blow it like they usually do. Nice to see Stafford having a chance to succeed at a franchise that isn't a circus.

Yes, I did! Paul's son, Mike, is the Bengals owner.... and the Ravens are the original Browns.... So basically everyone in the AFC North is kinda-sorta the Browns except for the Steelers; whom everyone hates.

I've followed the sport, on and off, for a long time. To give you an idea, CBS analyst, Boomer Esiason, was the Bengals QB when I picked them up. I have followed them through Boomer, David Klingler, Jeff Blake, Akili Smith, Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton and now, Joe Burrow (yes, there have been others but I thought I'd keep it to the highlights and lowlights). It's been a long, unsuccessful ride....

I find at this age I'm starting to relate more to coaches than players.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Top 10 greatest games I ever watched. Bills and Chiefs tonight.

Rams now I'll pull for I guess. Who originated in Cleveland as well lol

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That they did!

Didn't get to see anything this weekend as my new internet doesn't get connected for another three days. I'm running stuff off mobile tethering w/ extremely limited credit, so I can't exactly stream right now.

I did hear that it was apparently a ripper of a game. Shame the current OT rules don't necessarily grant a "right of response", but it is what is, I guess.

I'm optimistic for the Bengals to win the AFC Championship Game, but I feel like they caught a stretch of good fortune (it was about time!) and are maybe a little under developed. I think they're maybe a year or two out from being a true contender. Going into this game, I'm hopeful they can beat the Chiefs, but I'm not expecting victory. In truth, this season has already been a MAJOR success and anything else on top of this is gravy. As long as the Bengals don't get walloped and the offensive line doesn't get Burrow killed, I'm pretty happy with whatever happens.

The other game? Well, I'm pretty neutral on that one. I will say that I'd like the Rams to win just because I don't think anyone wants to see another Chiefs v 49ers Superb Owl.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    A Super Bowl 23 rematch would kinda be cool. Although Id be shocked to see it

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    XXIII AND XVI!

Both times the Bengals have made it, they lost to the 49ers. It'd be pretty cool to get some vengeance for that.

But yeah, things do point strongly in the direction of Chiefs v Rams.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I admit I'm a cowboys fan...don't judge me lol.

Chiefs have to be favorites right now.Defense is suspect though.

Niners and Rams seem well matched.

I haven't kept up with Cinci.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Bengals have got a good young defensive unit that has been getting better as the season has gone on. Offensively, they're explosive, with the Burrow-Chase tandem in the air and Mixon on the ground. The biggest Achilles heel is the flimsy offensive line, which got Burrow sacked NINE times last game. Maybe it's homerism, but I feel like Cincy match up slightly better against KC than the Bills did and stand a good chance at knocking them over, especially if the pass rush can get in Mahomes' face and force him to make bad throws.

In short, the Bengals are better than you might think they are.

For Niners and Rams, I feel like the Niners would be the stronger team, but they're hampered by having Garoppolo at QB. He's just not that good. That weakness at the most pivotal offensive position lifts the Rams into favourites for the game, in my opinion. I will agree though, it is a very evenly balanced match-up when it comes down to it. Both games should be entertaining and close.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote CeltAngel View Post
    Bengals have got a good young defensive unit that has been getting better as the season has gone on. Offensively, they're explosive, with the Burrow-Chase tandem in the air and Mixon on the ground. The biggest Achilles heel is the flimsy offensive line, which got Burrow sacked NINE times last game. Maybe it's homerism, but I feel like Cincy match up slightly better against KC than the Bills did and stand a good chance at knocking them over, especially if the pass rush can get in Mahomes' face and force him to make bad throws.

In short, the Bengals are better than you might think they are.

For Niners and Rams, I feel like the Niners would be the stronger team, but they're hampered by having Garoppolo at QB. He's just not that good. That weakness at the most pivotal offensive position lifts the Rams into favourites for the game, in my opinion. I will agree though, it is a very evenly balanced match-up when it comes down to it. Both games should be entertaining and close.

You know your football!Going to have me looking at last minute injury reports lol.

Bengals do look good.I need to take a closer look at the Bengals and Chiefs O and D lines.Outside of a crazy good game plan by one of the head coaches I agree that qb pressure will decide things.Great quarterbacks can look terrible if roughed up enough.

I see no way the Rams/Niners come in as favorites against Bengals/Chiefs barring something wild.

Chiefs have to be favorites at this point though.I think the Bills defense was supposed to be good lol.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    This was kinda funny when some people from Cincinnati took offense to Joe's quote about "nothing to do"

https://www.fox19.com/2021/12/22/bur...y-avoid-covid/

I don't think he meant anything/harm by it but some people got insulted.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    People get insulted/enraged by everything these days.... Or, rather, mass/social media likes to make them think they should be (anger sells!). Most "problems" in the modern world would be solved by turning the TV/computer off or putting down the phone.

More revelant now than ever.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Journalism is dead

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    before this thread gets sidetracked with conspiracy theories,

The bengals have a punchers chance but I think KC is the better team. I'll go with the Rams.

Hard for me to devote hours of my life watching it live though

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.