Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Well, since my internet STILL didn't get hooked up I can't watch anyway. All I can do is pray that the good guys win and keep an eye on score updates.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I found a way to see the last quarter.... OMG.... I can't believe it!!!!

Edit: Feels like time for a bit of shufflin'

And, it might be the Bears, but why not?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    it's nice seeing you happy.

I was gonna suggest to you for superstitious purposes not to watch the big game. but you got your tv back

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Thanks.

I didn't quite get my TV back, per se, but I did manage to see most of the fourth quarter + OT.

I feel like the game was won when the Bengals defence started to make Mahomes run backward late in the game. When he starts doing that, it's usually a sign that the opposing defence has gotten into his head. Instead of throwing the ball away or backing his arm, he'll zig and zag like he's going to try and cut through them Lamar Jackson-style, but he lacks the speed and agility that enables Jackson to pull that off (Tbh, now that the hits are piling up for Jackson, I'm not sure that even he has that anymore, at least not to quite the same extent he once did).

It's the same thing that happened in last year's Superbowl. That was the exact moment when you knew he was vulnerable and that the Bengals could get the job done. Other than the ominous COIN TOSS, I was confident that the Bengals would win from there. The secondary pulled off a great play on that pick, very Legion of Boom-esque - First guy (Bates) blocks the pass, second one (Bell) swoops on the loose ball. It's all about supporting your teammate.

It's like I said in an earlier post, get in Mahomes' face, he'll short circuit eventually if you press him enough. As it was, when he fumbled on that sack before Butker's field goal, he nearly lost the game in that moment. It's the biggest weakness in his game - he's a great player otherwise, but I feel like there's a little mental fragility with him when the pressure is on. Maybe being paired with Andy Reid isn't the best for him in that respect, given Andy's history of blowing it when the big moment comes.

I didn't see the Rams game, but I guess that was a second thought for me, compared to the Bengals finally making it back to the big game. It's the second Superbowl in a row where the host has made it.... that has to be a first! Gives the Rams a bit of home field advantage, but I feel good about the Bengals chances....

It's the year of the Tiger after all.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Good job Bengals and Rams!....I'm glad I don't gamble lol

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Quote CeltAngel View Post
    Thanks.

I didn't quite get my TV back, per se, but I did manage to see most of the fourth quarter + OT.

I feel like the game was won when the Bengals defence started to make Mahomes run backward late in the game. When he starts doing that, it's usually a sign that the opposing defence has gotten into his head. Instead of throwing the ball away or backing his arm, he'll zig and zag like he's going to try and cut through them Lamar Jackson-style, but he lacks the speed and agility that enables Jackson to pull that off (Tbh, now that the hits are piling up for Jackson, I'm not sure that even he has that anymore, at least not to quite the same extent he once did).

It's the same thing that happened in last year's Superbowl. That was the exact moment when you knew he was vulnerable and that the Bengals could get the job done. Other than the ominous COIN TOSS, I was confident that the Bengals would win from there. The secondary pulled off a great play on that pick, very Legion of Boom-esque - First guy (Bates) blocks the pass, second one (Bell) swoops on the loose ball. It's all about supporting your teammate.

It's like I said in an earlier post, get in Mahomes' face, he'll short circuit eventually if you press him enough. As it was, when he fumbled on that sack before Butker's field goal, he nearly lost the game in that moment. It's the biggest weakness in his game - he's a great player otherwise, but I feel like there's a little mental fragility with him when the pressure is on. Maybe being paired with Andy Reid isn't the best for him in that respect, given Andy's history of blowing it when the big moment comes.

I didn't see the Rams game, but I guess that was a second thought for me, compared to the Bengals finally making it back to the big game. It's the second Superbowl in a row where the host has made it.... that has to be a first! Gives the Rams a bit of home field advantage, but I feel good about the Bengals chances....

It's the year of the Tiger after all.

Sean McDermott should have listened to you. All the Bills did was go to prevent defenses against Mahomes

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Lucid View Post
    @CeltAngel = I can't believe there is another Cardiac Cats fan here!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEY!

Boomer Esiason even mention Mount Lookout Tavern several times lol. He was the quarterback the last time they went to the Super Bowl. I still have the VHS tape from that fateful weekend in January 1989. It's a bittersweet memory because my mother's mental illness had just landed her in the hospital that previous Christmas and she had just been out earlier in the month.

There was a longtime anchor in Dayton that did the Ickey Shuffle live on-air since the Bengals won. She has worked at the station since 1981 and is getting to go to the game - she also grew up here so it's only fitting.

Ickey Woods himself accurately predicted on that channel that the Bengals would beat the Chiefs 27-24 with a last-minute field goal. Money Mac pulled through lol.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Lucid View Post

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEY!

Boomer Esiason even mention Mount Lookout Tavern several times lol. He was the quarterback the last time they went to the Super Bowl. I still have the VHS tape from that fateful weekend in January 1989. It's a bittersweet memory because my mother's mental illness had just landed her in the hospital that previous Christmas and she had just been out earlier in the month. I was in the eighth grade....having just had my own first panic attacks and struggling through algebra with a teacher I hated. I ended up repeating Algebra the next year despite passing the class - big mistake....but then there would have been Geometry. I have a degree in Computer Science and, to this day, still do not understand how to do a geometric proof.

There was a longtime anchor in Dayton that did the Ickey Shuffle live on-air since the Bengals won. She has worked at the station since 1981 and is getting to go to the game - she also grew up here so it's only fitting.

Ickey Woods himself accurately predicted on that channel that the Bengals would beat the Chiefs 27-24 with a last-minute field goal. Money Mac pulled through lol.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEY!

Boomer Esiason even mention Mount Lookout Tavern several times lol. He was the quarterback the last time they went to the Super Bowl. I still have the VHS tape from that fateful weekend in January 1989. It's a bittersweet memory because my mother's mental illness had just landed her in the hospital that previous Christmas and she had just been out earlier in the month. I was in the eighth grade....having just had my own first panic attacks and struggling through algebra with a teacher I hated. I ended up repeating Algebra the next year despite passing the class - big mistake....but then there would have been Geometry. I have a degree in Computer Science and, to this day, still do not understand how to do a geometric proof.

WHO DEY!!!

Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I wasn't a fan of the Bengals yet when they last went to the Super Bowl. The first game I saw was actually the Giants v Bills Super Bowl - I remember feeling so sorry for poor Scott Norwood. I didn't really understand what I was watching, but it was all very exciting and interesting. My brother and my dad (to a lesser extent) got into American football via TV and dragged me along with them. Until then, I mostly knew soccer and rugby league as far as football went.

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences around that time, it sounds like it was an incredibly hard for you. Hopefully this time around the Bengals can get it right and give you some nice new memories.

Ickey picked the result? Maybe if you guys wanna bet, you should listen to him!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm kinda rooting for the Bengals. They are long overdue on a Superbowl Championship. Truthfully I'm just glad the Niners are out being a Dallas fan.

/rant Cowboys need a new owner!Make the playoffs every year because of the weak division they play in and get knocked out quickly!Bleh

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->
    @<u><a href="https://anxietyspace.com/forums/member.php?u=10077" target="_blank">CeltAngel</a></u>
    <!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> = I can't believe there is another Cardiac Cats fan here!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEY!

I recall Boomer a little bit when he played for the Jets. The Jets might be one team that's had worse luck than the Bengals over the years.

One thing I'm not into is PFF analysis in all these insider statistics on football today. Kinda ruins it for me.

This is quite possibly the most hilarious football rant I ever heard in my life. The fun starts at 2:17, but the whole this is hilarious. To put it in context the guy Joe is a huge Jets fan. This took place at the end of the 2009 season

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote CeltAngel View Post
    WHO DEY!!!

Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I wasn't a fan of the Bengals yet when they last went to the Super Bowl. The first game I saw was actually the Giants v Bills Super Bowl - I remember feeling so sorry for poor Scott Norwood. I didn't really understand what I was watching, but it was all very exciting and interesting. My brother and my dad (to a lesser extent) got into American football via TV and dragged me along with them. Until then, I mostly knew soccer and rugby league as far as football went.

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences around that time, it sounds like it was an incredibly hard for you. Hopefully this time around the Bengals can get it right and give you some nice new memories.

Ickey picked the result? Maybe if you guys wanna bet, you should listen to him!
    He predicted 31 to 27 win for the Bengals. It would be a touchdown for the win this time.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Who dey!!!!!!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    Who dey!!!!!!

Who Dat!! ⚜️

Joe Burrow is the man, he has a bright future in Cincinnati!
    “When you stop blaming others for where you are in life, that is when you can start to manifest your dream life!”
    ― Stephen Richards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.