Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Is it a panic attack or a anxiety attack?

My doctors keep telling me I have panic attacks and my therapist is saying anxiety attacks. Are they the same thing? Do medicine help both or would I need to be on two medicine to control it?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They are the exact same. Though some could argue it depends on how long this lasts for. That a panic attack can be quick. Might argue that an anxiety attack could last longer. There is no difference really. Same approach to fixing the issue. You see a therapist. That is a good thing. I hope you are learning ways to deal with things when the panic kicks in. That is about the best thing we can learn. Medication you would have to ask about. I know you are pregnant. So there are certain types of medication they might not want you on. That is one to talk about with your regular GP.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Bbrate View Post
    My doctors keep telling me I have panic attacks and my therapist is saying anxiety attacks. Are they the same thing? Do medicine help both or would I need to be on two medicine to control it?
    Panic are shorter term anxiety hits, but they generally reinforce anxiety (which tends to be longer in duration).

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.