Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Inflation

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Inflation

E117DD4D-8252-41B5-873D-045CA082E631.png

New inflation numbers came out for the US and its now 8.5%!!! Highest in 40 years!!

These are fudged numbers too. The feds dont include expenses like housing, medical care, and education into their numbers so its even higher! CROOKS

I cant afford to buy meat much anymore. I was already down to eating 1 meal a day, now I cant even have meat with it. SAD

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    E117DD4D-8252-41B5-873D-045CA082E631.png

New inflation numbers came out for the US and its now 8.5%!!! Highest in 40 years!!

These are fudged numbers too. The feds dont include expenses like housing, medical care, and education into their numbers so its even higher! CROOKS

I cant afford to buy meat much anymore. I was already down to eating 1 meal a day, now I cant even have meat with it. SAD
    I eat fast food ONCE a week, I buy my pizzas at the grocery store and use the points for discounts on gas. Our diesel hit a record high of $5.31 in Ohio, and gas is only down to $3.50 from its $4.07 high in Ohio. The alltime record was $4.25 in 2008-2009. Now, the JOEjanHorse wants to "unban" E15 gasoline, which is 15% ethanol and can actually HARM seals and other car parts this summer - I will NOT be buying it for my 2006 car. I am a software engineer who has nearly paid off his lone credit card that had $15,000 charged on it at one time. With an exciting credit score, it won't make a damn difference because interest rates will be rising very quickly and so won't the price of cars - it'll be like my credit history SUCKED or something.

Between inflation, the border, and the Ukraine mess - the man has done wonders representing our country. He is destroying his party along with him.
    Inviting THe Obomination of Desolation to the White House was extremely telling. Who calls the shots and who got ignored.

He has truly earned the JOEjanHorse name. Full of crap that left and empty shell.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Inflation here as well. Officially 6.2% at the moment. Feels a lot more though, pretty much every item in the store is up in price about (rough conversion) 15 to 25 cents.

Electric is the worst of it here though. As of April my usage is down as a result of it not being winter anymore and the heating being off, but my monthly electric payments have doubled. I am not exagerrating. Literally, monthly payments doubled for less usage.

Times of high inflation is also a good time to raise taxes as well, apparently. Which the UK Government just decided to do, for some reason. Up 1.25% this month.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    It is a World issue. Not just one country. We have the same thing going on here. Pay more in the shops and get less for what you are paying for. Meaning it seems likes they have removed certain amounts for all food peoducts. Like I opened a tin of beans the other day. It was only 3/4 full. They removed 1/4 and still put the price up. Paying more but getting less. Electric and gas ( Home heating ) is off the charts here. Government has said it is lowering the tax on petrol and the likes. That happened after trucks blocked Dublin last monday. They were willing to stay there. No plans on leaving any day soon. But it will get worse. Then things will begin to even out again in some areas. Shops will begin to have price wars. Have seen it all before. As they all try and better the prices in other shops. Peoblem with electric here is we have two companies only who supply us. Both are bad as each other. If you look at the VAT on electric and gas and even the phone bill it is very high. Talking close on 40 Euro on each bill. So before they work out your bill, you have this 40 Euro on every bill in the country. That side of things is not going to change.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    IIf you look at the VAT on electric and gas and even the phone bill it is very high. Talking close on 40 Euro on each bill. So before they work out your bill, you have this 40 Euro on every bill in the country. That side of things is not going to change.
    €40, bloody hell, what percentage is that?

We have more than 2 companies here, not that it matters. Every single company is charging the maximum they legally can at the moment. Maximum rose in April, and will probably rise another 50%+ in October, right in time for Winter.

That happened after trucks blocked Dublin last monday. They were willing to stay there. No plans on leaving any day soon.
    Taking lessons from France, I see. Don't put up with rubbish there.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I have no idea what % that is. I have always said it they removed the VAT from household bills they would seem just normal. If that makes sense to you. Is only when you look at the VAT you tend to swear out loud. They are now telling people how to save on their VAT on their bills. Like there is some magic way to get the VAT down. Only way to get the VAT down is to get the bill itself down. As the VAT is based on the cost of the bill. I can see them lowering the VAT. As if they are doing us all a big favour. Lower the VAT but keep on raising the bill prices. Thus the cost will still be the same. Though they can claim it is a gesture on their part. Is currently standing at 23%. Just googles it. That is electric. Nearly quarter extra of the cost of the bill. With the phone they add on the cost of the line and the net extras too. If they can get more, they will find a way to do it. Back to electric. If it came to 150 Euro, you would be paying an extra of close on 35 Euro. I was out by 5 Euro in the original post.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    My bill says vat at 5%. Calls to scrap the 5% here. So far refused. Apparently its because it would only benefit rich households if they did, but I'm going to call bollocks on that, it would be because less tax money is going into the treasury.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    You can look up VAT in ESB Ireland. They are one of the two companies. Even if you just Google that it will give you the VAT rate. Always said we were the second dearest country in the EU. Or maybe even Europe. Think Denmark holds the top spot. Just the EBS been greedy. Have always said that. They had no excuses for putting prices up. They began all this price hike crap off. Two rises in two years. They trade under the name Bord Gais. Who just happen to own the gas network in Ireland too.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I haven't seen much in the electric?
    Doofus sends our gasoline soaring 85% and THEN Ukraine. THey are blaming Putin for everything and that is WRONG! Prices were clearly rising once the old fart undid Trump's policies and now we're in a heap of mess. We were producing our own oil and exporting it!

You had the chance to get oil from us and the JOEjanHorse took that away, too. All because he couldn't stand up to the Greenies who would save the planet if they simply just shut their mouths!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    You can look up VAT in ESB Ireland. They are one of the two companies. Even if you just Google that it will give you the VAT rate. Always said we were the second dearest country in the EU. Or maybe even Europe. Think Denmark holds the top spot. Just the EBS been greedy. Have always said that. They had no excuses for putting prices up. They began all this price hike crap off. Two rises in two years. They trade under the name Bord Gais. Who just happen to own the gas network in Ireland too.
    The suppliers are being greedy here as well. Making record profits off of it. British Gas up 44% in profits last year. Same company owns BG that owns your Bord Gais. Are making huge sums off of the sale of North Sea gas and oil. Have also rejected windfall taxing these North Sea'ers doing the price gouging here. Making millions a day whilst people freeze.

Meanwhile, France limits how much its nuclear supplier EDF can charge for power. Stops the price gouging. So French prices are up 8%. Meanwhile...

French wouldn't put up with this, I don't know why we do.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    It is with things like you wonder can anything be actually done? A government price freeze for example. Much like they stepped in with landlords putting rent prices up. Because it is all greed. Nothing else. With the price having been only put last year, there was no need for another price hike at all. They can't say they lost out during the lockdowns. If anything they screwed most customers. Adding extra to every bill. Because they were not sending meter readers around to the houses. Meters are in the houses here. OK, it finally balanced itself out with the first actual reading, when we got an electric bill for about 50 Euro. Think of their VAT as well. Was big news over here how they were ripping people off during the whole lockdown thing. Then they put the price up. You would imagine after bad publicity they would want to act all nice. Not this shower of greedy pigs. Hence it would take something to stop them doing it again. Price freeze is the main one I can think of.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    The suppliers are being greedy here as well. Making record profits off of it. British Gas up 44% in profits last year. Same company owns BG that owns your Bord Gais. Are making huge sums off of the sale of North Sea gas and oil. Have also rejected windfall taxing these North Sea'ers doing the price gouging here. Making millions a day whilst people freeze.

Meanwhile, France limits how much its nuclear supplier EDF can charge for power. Stops the price gouging. So French prices are up 8%. Meanwhile...

French wouldn't put up with this, I don't know why we do.
    They are trying to blame everything on price gouging here in the States, particularly gasoline - it's not true. There is price gouging and it needs to be checked, but I don't think it is nearly as prolific as the left says. There was a clear increase in the price of oil on our end because our DementedOne stopped all domestic production of oil. We were added to the list of customers of existing oil production - OPEC.

In Europe, the mistake was made on relying on Russia for oil. They got money off of you. With the stoppage, you are also left with who to go to. That's going to make prices rise.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    They are trying to blame everything on price gouging here in the States, particularly gasoline - it's not true. There is price gouging and it needs to be checked, but I don't think it is nearly as prolific as the left says. There was a clear increase in the price of oil on our end because our DementedOne stopped all domestic production of oil. We were added to the list of customers of existing oil production - OPEC.

In Europe, the mistake was made on relying on Russia for oil. They got money off of you. With the stoppage, you are also left with who to go to. That's going to make prices rise.
    UK didn't rely on Russian gas. That was Germany + East Europe. We have our own supplies off the Scottish coast + a pipe to Norway.Shale gas is also here, once the NIMBYs stop with the bull.

Russia poisoned our citizens. Multiple times. Used a chemical weapon in a town called Salisbury. Sloppy work that didnt even kill the guy they wanted, but killed another women and put others in hospital. We knew what Russia is.

Last year has shown UK needs to be self-sufficent on energy, on essentials. Whatever the cost.

The company that owns them, Centrica. Behaves badly. Recently sacked all its gas engineers and hired them on lower pay. Should have owned those rigs ourselves. Norway kept its. Now has the biggest sovereign wealth fund in the word and the interest in it pays for its citizens to have the good life. What could have been here.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    It is with things like you wonder can anything be actually done? A government price freeze for example. Much like they stepped in with landlords putting rent prices up. Because it is all greed. Nothing else. With the price having been only put last year, there was no need for another price hike at all. They can't say they lost out during the lockdowns. If anything they screwed most customers. Adding extra to every bill. Because they were not sending meter readers around to the houses. Meters are in the houses here. OK, it finally balanced itself out with the first actual reading, when we got an electric bill for about 50 Euro. Think of their VAT as well. Was big news over here how they were ripping people off during the whole lockdown thing. Then they put the price up. You would imagine after bad publicity they would want to act all nice. Not this shower of greedy pigs. Hence it would take something to stop them doing it again. Price freeze is the main one I can think of.
    Ah, landlordism. I looked at house pricing today. Commonly in the million plus range. All these buy to let olandlords adding to the portfolio. All the foreign investors. Saw a room in A shared house in sale for a few hundred thousand. Rent in inoffensive commuter Town went up this month. As did the phone bill, the Internet. Council tax up. Food costs all up. Rail pass the same.for now. Not heard from water. Prescription certificate the same, as is TV License

They believe me on my meter reads. Meters here ad well in every home. Trying to get me to put in a smart meter. Updated them all so they do surge pricing. Ignored them so far.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    It is a World issue. Not just one country. We have the same thing going on here. Pay more in the shops and get less for what you are paying for. Meaning it seems likes they have removed certain amounts for all food peoducts. Like I opened a tin of beans the other day. It was only 3/4 full. They removed 1/4 and still put the price up. Paying more but getting less. Electric and gas ( Home heating ) is off the charts here. Government has said it is lowering the tax on petrol and the likes. That happened after trucks blocked Dublin last monday. They were willing to stay there. No plans on leaving any day soon. But it will get worse. Then things will begin to even out again in some areas. Shops will begin to have price wars. Have seen it all before. As they all try and better the prices in other shops. Peoblem with electric here is we have two companies only who supply us. Both are bad as each other. If you look at the VAT on electric and gas and even the phone bill it is very high. Talking close on 40 Euro on each bill. So before they work out your bill, you have this 40 Euro on every bill in the country. That side of things is not going to change.
    Jebus!! I don’t even know what a VAT is but every time I hear about it sounds like an excuse for European governments to tax everything to high heaven!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.