Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nonduality

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Michael Taft - Like Wind in a Vast, Empty Sky - Nondual Meditation
    The best book I read about trauma since '97 is Pete Walker's Complex PTSD: From Surviving To Thriving

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Advaita Fellowship - Consciousness - an animation of Spirit
    The best book I read about trauma since '97 is Pete Walker's Complex PTSD: From Surviving To Thriving

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Suzanne Chang - The true cost of the end of suffering is rarely shared

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Rupert Spire - Yoga Meditation: 'Whosoever Knows Their Self Knows Their Lord'

This yoga meditation explores whether there is an edge to the space of Awareness in which all thoughts, feelings, sensations and perceptions appear.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Angelo Dilullo chats with Matt Garrett - Awakening Story: Matt (Searching for Boundaries)

A wonderful discussion with Matt about the awakening process and his experience of the dissolution of experiential boundaries. We also discuss emotion work, relationships, and inquiring into the nature of self. Matt is a documentary filmmaker, check out his work in this wonderful short clip about his friend and spiritual teacher John Butler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uudzp...

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Angelo Dilullo chats with Sasha Stephens - "Weird Stuff Started Happening..." -- (Awakening Story)

Great conversation with Sasha about what happened after a five day retreat.

Sasha's work:
    Writings on Magic - www.becomingmagic.com
    Problems with Insomnia? - www.sashastephens.com

About my videos: These videos are a resource for anyone wishing to wake up from the dream of separation. Awakening, enlightenment, and liberation are becoming far more mainstream possibilities than they once were. There are many good teachers out there, and if you resonate with the teachings of Eckhart Tolle, Rupert Spira, or Sadhguru, you might find resources here that address these deeper promptings to investigate your true nature.

Disclaimer: The information presented in these videos is not meant to diagnose or treat any psychiatric or medical illness. The inquiries presented herein are potent and can have powerful effects on the way you experience yourself and reality. If you feel you are at risk of harming yourself or others, these videos and practices may not be the best thing for you at the moment. Seek help wherever necessary which might include a hospital emergency department, a suicide helpline etc.

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Has nonduality helped you at all with anxiety/fear? Realizing that I'm Brahman has taken fear away as there is nothing other than me to be afraid of.

edit:

Here's a good one:

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Hi @Doseone

That is nice to hear! Could you elaborate on what happened/shifted for you and how this came to about?

I'm not sure how to answer your question, to be honest. It's like I've entered the gravity field of non-duality, and keep orbiting it in ever smaller circles. I'm definitively not realized, but the identification with TJ has been loosening since five years. Ever since this started, there seems to be a ground of being/suchness underneath all the turmoil which still happens. Even underneath suicidal ideations I had last year (which I thought had finally left me for good). There is a part which does not object to what happens, which just notices, is present for whatever is. It was even there during the darkest moments. Even more prominent, I'd say. There has been a shift from things happening to "me", to more simply what is without that story. Very simple, very basic. Everything comes and goes in awareness. Sometimes I completely forget that and go back to my old state, but sooner or later it returns. Anxiety/fear can be some of the more challenging sensations for me. Some of the more "sticky" ones, where I'm heavily identified. It has become far less of something that has to be different for me though, even though I'd prefer it to not show up and I do get into some deep old grooves sometimes. Life happens on it's own terms, regardless of what I strive for or prefer. The shift from seeking liberation in time, something to achieve, to the freedom to be with whatever is has been tremendously liberating. In general, for me life may be much more as it actually is. Which it is anyway, without my opinions about it :-). So it has helped, in the sense that I'm aware to various degrees that my resistance to what is is what is creating suffering. Life has not become easy, but it has become much much lighter after I got bitten by the non-duality bug, so to speak. In my better moments I've referred to myself as a stage on which all sensations are allowed to play out, including the unpleasant ones, like anxiety. I hope this was a bit of an answer.

I've been binge-listening to non-duality speakers for a few years. Just a few weeks ago I converted a lot of Swami Sarvapriyananda's vids to audio, but I haven't listened to any of it yet. I'll start with the vid you posted. Thanks for sharing. Nice to meet somebody who is dabbling in non-duality as well. Have a good one!

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote TuanJie View Post
    Hi @Doseone

That is nice to hear! Could you elaborate on what happened/shifted for you and how this came to about?

I'm not sure how to answer your question, to be honest. It's like I've entered the gravity field of non-duality, and keep orbiting it in ever smaller circles. I'm definitively not realized, but the identification with TJ has been loosening since five years. Ever since this started, there seems to be a ground of being/suchness underneath all the turmoil which still happens. Even underneath suicidal ideations I had last year (which I thought had finally left me for good). There is a part which does not object to what happens, which just notices, is present for whatever is. It was even there during the darkest moments. Even more prominent, I'd say. There has been a shift from things happening to "me", to more simply what is without that story. Very simple, very basic. Everything comes and goes in awareness. Sometimes I completely forget that and go back to my old state, but sooner or later it returns. Anxiety/fear can be some of the more challenging sensations for me. Some of the more "sticky" ones, where I'm heavily identified. It has become far less of something that has to be different for me though, even though I'd prefer it to not show up and I do get into some deep old grooves sometimes. Life happens on it's own terms, regardless of what I strive for or prefer. The shift from seeking liberation in time, something to achieve, to the freedom to be with whatever is has been tremendously liberating. In general, for me life may be much more as it actually is. Which it is anyway, without my opinions about it :-). So it has helped, in the sense that I'm aware to various degrees that my resistance to what is is what is creating suffering. Life has not become easy, but it has become much much lighter after I got bitten by the non-duality bug, so to speak. In my better moments I've referred to myself as a stage on which all sensations are allowed to play out, including the unpleasant ones, like anxiety. I hope this was a bit of an answer.

I've been binge-listening to non-duality speakers for a few years. Just a few weeks ago I converted a lot of Swami Sarvapriyananda's vids to audio, but I haven't listened to any of it yet. I'll start with the vid you posted. Thanks for sharing. Nice to meet somebody who is dabbling in non-duality as well. Have a good one!
    It started with me reading the Bhagavad Gita. The idea specifically of disidentifying with the body is what shifted my thinking a little. Also, the idea that I'm not the doer, that Prakriti/nature is responsible for my acts. But it wasn't until I remembered an old blog post about a Christian philosopher of religion who converted to Hinduism after having a religious experience of Krishna that I started to research more. When I went back and found the post, I found out that he converted specifically to Vaishnava Vedanta. So out of curiosity I started researching Vedanta and learned about Advaita Vedanta. I started watching YouTube videos thinking that the idea was crazy. It just didn't make any sense. For some reason I kept with it and it gradually started to make more and more sense. Swami Tadatmananda's series on Atma Bodha is ultimately what convinced me of Advaita. It just made so much sense to me. Since then I've watched hundreds of videos and read multiple books on Advaita. Everything is just so clear now. It's just so obvious to me that I'm pure consciousness.

That was a good answer, though. I like your writing style.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    @Doseone
    Wonderful to read! I'd love to have a chat about this sometime. Just crazy busy at the moment moving house. Since it has become my modus operandi, I have downloaded Swami Tadatmananda's series on Atma Bodha though. I can listen to it while packing :-) Hope it works as audio only. Thanks for sharing!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    @Doseone
    How are you? I'm still crazy busy. I'm curious to hear what your experience is like since you've realized your pure consciousness. Have a good one!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Rupert Spira - Yoga Meditation: The Open Sky of Awareness

In this meditation we investigate the field of awareness in which all thoughts, feelings and perceptions arise and vanish. We contemplate ourself as this open, limitless, allowing field in which the experience of the body and world arises.
    From the seven day retreat at Buckland Hall, winter 2018.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    All chapters of Perfect Brilliant Stillness By David Carse are freely downloadable here.

An intimate account of spontaneous spiritual enlightenment and its implications in a life lived beyond the individual self. "It is so rare to see any work that holds that essential and fundamental perception without compromise. Your book is a beacon which can shine through all of the fog and nonsense that is broadcast under the name of 'advaita' or 'non-duality'. Especially as that expression comes out of no-one!" Tony Parsons author of The Open Secret, As It Is and All There Is.

"This book is a Gonzo Gita - a Gone-so Song of God; a soaring, rampaging loving outpouring of Unmanifest Source displayed in manifest consciousness, playing a complex spiritual melody through the hollow bamboo flute of a Vermont farmer/carpenter/building contractor who was all but ignorant of the non-dual tradition before a disorienting full enlightenment struck and he realized 'there's nobody home.' Robert Gussner PhD, Professor Emeritus, University of Vermont Dept. of Religion
    Source: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...iDlozs4&rank=1

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    "The underlying cause of all shame is the deep and unshakable suspicion that I am an imposter. I sense the absence of true-self in myself, but not in others, so I naturally assume others to be real. Seeing the outer shells everyone else has so convincingly erected and not knowing them to be hollow, I necessarily feel singularly fraudulent and, of course, shameful."
    Source: Jed Mckenna - Spiritual Enlightenment - The Damndenest Thing

AnorexicPitbull published an excerpt of the audio book on youtube. The above quote is in the "Fear of Oblivion" section.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.