Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Europe Energy

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote CloudMaker View Post
    Some Russian is live streaming burning gas 24/7 because of how cheap it is over there to poke fun at Europeans/Americans LOL

Attachment 5047
    That is a mess.

Trump warned Europe about this very thing and the leaders laughed. Now, they have uncooked egg on their faces.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    @Otherside yeah, I can imagine. I have a friend who's much older than me and he never heats in the winter. I do worry about him, even if he's been doing it for years.

@Ironman those are serious temperatures, hope you'll be warm this winter. I've lived in a country where it would get as low as -30C and winters were tough, sometimes people would freeze to death.

I wouldn't worry about some Russian Youtubers, let them laugh about something - there's very little fun to be had when Russia is heading towards becoming a third world country. People are dealing with their fear in different ways.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    @rabidfoxes Yeah, it's a worry. Lot of health problems from being in a cold house (mental and phyaical), not to mention damage from burst pipes or mould.

I feel bad for feeling relieved that its frozen at ?2500. :/

(She's going to bankrupt us with this, isn't she?)

Has your ?66 EBSS been applied yet? EON applied mine today (even to currently cheap fix)and i am now in the weird position of my new direct debit being a grand total of ?3 a month.

Heading towards 3rd world? Outside of Moscow and St Petersburg, Russia is a poor country, have people in shacks without electric or water, wash clothes on the river and have a communal bathhouse. Is no wonder you never see a "visit Russia" tourist campaign and it is difficult to get visas. Now they are mobilising, giving them pre ww2 weapons because of the sanctions, and a lot will die. Worth noting with conscription, a lot of Russians are reservists.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    What is this now about the Nordstream 1 Pipeline?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    What is this now about the Nordstream 1 Pipeline?
    And 2.

So, not an accident. In seas surrounding NATO members.

With that and the nuclear threats, is like Russia is trying to test the Art 5.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I heard the Bank of England is starting quantitative easing again
    IDK anything about finance but it seems like the consensus is that it makes inflation worse at a time when inflation is already bad
    Seems to be the opposite of what the US fed is doing which is tanking my retirement account !!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    And 2.

So, not an accident. In seas surrounding NATO members.

With that and the nuclear threats, is like Russia is trying to test the Art 5.
    There was a rumor that our wonderful administration did it. What a stupid thing to do. Now, the water is being polluted with the very thing the greenies are screaming about....methane.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I heard the Bank of England is starting quantitative easing again
    IDK anything about finance but it seems like the consensus is that it makes inflation worse at a time when inflation is already bad
    Seems to be the opposite of what the US fed is doing which is tanking my retirement account !!
    New government, chancellor is very incompetent and has made a few moronic decisions with a budget.

Long story cut short, they have decided that they are going to borrow more money, but reduce income through taxes (scrap the higher rate of tax which kicks in at roughly $200k ish.) Not to mention that in the middle of a cost of living crisis, "won't somebody think of the high earners and how much tax they are paying" hasn't gone down well. As in the US, those on $200k are not struggling here, nowhere near, very comfortably well off.

Result of this budget was that investors have decided to sell there pound causing it's value to plummet, mortgage interest rates have shot up (so several people are about to lose there homes) and its very difficult now to get a mortgage to begin with, and the Bank of England has to intervene in order to stop pension funds from going bust. Inflation will be worse, if they don't u-turn on this.

Very frustrating when, due to the way our political system works (vote for party not leader), none of us voted in Truss or idiot chancellor Kwarteng.

Quote Ironman View Post
    There was a rumor that our wonderful administration did it. What a stupid thing to do. Now, the water is being polluted with the very thing the greenies are screaming about....methane.
    I doubt it. Russia would like everyone to believe that it is the US/NATO/Ukraine and is currently yelling about how it is the US/NATO/Ukraine fault (or anyone but Russia's fault). This has been Russia's disinformation playbook for years. Deflect, deny, not us, it is somebody else's fault. Not the first time, same playbook with any other "not us" Russia events.

Personally, I think it's awfully convinient that it has burst now, just as winter starts to approach Europe (and they are brutal in some parts), and Russia decides it is going to annex parts of Ukraine. I wouldn't be surprised if they were aiming at nearby Baltic Pipe instead (linking Norwegian gas to Poland, just opened, majorly cuts Eastern Europes dependance on Russian ). NATO needs to be putting ships on those pipes.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    New government, chancellor is very incompetent and has made a few moronic decisions with a budget.

Long story cut short, they have decided that they are going to borrow more money, but reduce income through taxes (scrap the higher rate of tax which kicks in at roughly $200k ish.) Not to mention that in the middle of a cost of living crisis, "won't somebody think of the high earners and how much tax they are paying" hasn't gone down well. As in the US, those on $200k are not struggling here, nowhere near, very comfortably well off.

Result of this budget was that investors have decided to sell there pound causing it's value to plummet, mortgage interest rates have shot up (so several people are about to lose there homes) and its very difficult now to get a mortgage to begin with, and the Bank of England has to intervene in order to stop pension funds from going bust. Inflation will be worse, if they don't u-turn on this.

Very frustrating when, due to the way our political system works (vote for party not leader), none of us voted in Truss or idiot chancellor Kwarteng.

I doubt it. Russia would like everyone to believe that it is the US/NATO/Ukraine and is currently yelling about how it is the US/NATO/Ukraine fault (or anyone but Russia's fault). This has been Russia's disinformation playbook for years. Deflect, deny, not us, it is somebody else's fault. Not the first time, same playbook with any other "not us" Russia events.

Personally, I think it's awfully convinient that it has burst now, just as winter starts to approach Europe (and they are brutal in some parts), and Russia decides it is going to annex parts of Ukraine. I wouldn't be surprised if they were aiming at nearby Baltic Pipe instead (linking Norwegian gas to Poland, just opened, majorly cuts Eastern Europes dependance on Russian ). NATO needs to be putting ships on those pipes.
    That’s so sad I hope your economy can recover
    It’s always the poor paying for the rich SMH
    Inflation reduces what wages can buy but increased the value of assets. It’s BY DESIGN

Don’t think Russia would blow up the pipeline. They couldn’t have been aiming for a different one since there were 3 holes — 2 in one Nordstream and 1 in the other!
    Why would they damage their own equipment that cost billions to build?
    How does that benefit them when they already shut it off?
    Why destroy the main source of leverage they had over Germany?

On the other hand the US would benefit from the attack if they want to guarantee Europe remains committed to fighting Russia. Proxy war material. Now as people in germany begin freezing during the winter they won’t be tempted to broker deals with Russia to alleviate it. We removed the option!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    That’s so sad I hope your economy can recover
    It’s always the poor paying for the rich SMH
    Inflation reduces what wages can buy but increased the value of assets. It’s BY DESIGN

Don’t think Russia would blow up the pipeline. They couldn’t have been aiming for a different one since there were 3 holes — 2 in one Nordstream and 1 in the other!
    Why would they damage their own equipment that cost billions to build?
    How does that benefit them when they already shut it off?
    Why destroy the main source of leverage they had over Germany?

On the other hand the US would benefit from the attack if they want to guarantee Europe remains committed to fighting Russia. Proxy war material. Now as people in germany begin freezing during the winter they won’t be tempted to broker deals with Russia to alleviate it. We removed the option!
    It does feel that way. We are paying for massive tax cuts to the very well off. At a time when cost of living and inflation is already going up a lot. Wages on the other hand, not going up a lot, seems every other day here there is strike action from one group of people or the other over pay.

They'll destroy it because Europe is currently refusing to use it, planning on pretty much cutting off Russian had and going to alternate suppliers, and it's currently being battered by European sanctions with regards to travel (some countries will no longer allow Russian citizens in and for those that will, its a lot more difficult to get visas, not to mention there airlines can't fly in or over Europe), or that Europe is restricting supplies to Russian enclave Kaliningrad. Add in, don't underestimate how petty Russia can be, they have been very petty in the past.

There are still pipelines and electric connections. Nordstrean wasn't the only one, it was just one thay bypassed Eastern Europe and made it cheaper for German heavy industry (bare in mind, up until a few decades Eastern Europe was either in the USSR or a vassal state of USSR, and those soviet pipelines are still going). Europe likely will not freeze, if heavy industry in Germany does not get the gas.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    It does feel that way. We are paying for massive tax cuts to the very well off. At a time when cost of living and inflation is already going up a lot. Wages on the other hand, not going up a lot, seems every other day here there is strike action from one group of people or the other over pay.

They'll destroy it because Europe is currently refusing to use it, planning on pretty much cutting off Russian had and going to alternate suppliers, and it's currently being battered by European sanctions with regards to travel (some countries will no longer allow Russian citizens in and for those that will, its a lot more difficult to get visas, not to mention there airlines can't fly in or over Europe), or that Europe is restricting supplies to Russian enclave Kaliningrad. Add in, don't underestimate how petty Russia can be, they have been very petty in the past.

There are still pipelines and electric connections. Nordstrean wasn't the only one, it was just one thay bypassed Eastern Europe and made it cheaper for German heavy industry (bare in mind, up until a few decades Eastern Europe was either in the USSR or a vassal state of USSR, and those soviet pipelines are still going). Europe likely will not freeze, if heavy industry in Germany does not get the gas.
    Now, with Putin "annexing" parts of Ukraine again, he must be thinking "I can't go any further; let me stop it here, My cover has been blown". He'll wait for another weak US President to pull this again. Crimea with Obama, Eastern Ukraine with Biden. He can't get away with doing this.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    @Otherside I haven't had the discount applied yet but I haven't had the bill yet, I thought the discount starts in October and is applied at the rate of 66/67 quid per month? Unless you're talking about something else. I've had an e-mail from my supplier about the price cap so I believe it's going ahead as planned.

And yeah, Russia is poor. I recall crossing the border into Russia with my family for a day out when I was a kid. I asked for a Mars bar (or something like it) at a gas station. They didn't have a Mars bar. All they had was tinned fish.

@Ironman I also believe that Russia is not only the main, but the only real contender for the guilty party re Nordstream, I saw no credible news source entertaining the idea that the U.S. or anyone else has done it. There are always rumors of conspiracies on the Internet. My rule of thumb is that when some people call conspiracy it's almost always simple incompetence or accidental collusion by people trying to cover their asses/get rich. A lot less sexy and exciting than we'd love to believe.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Paul Wheaton - What is a rocket mass heater?
    The best book I read about trauma since '97 is Pete Walker's Complex PTSD: From Surviving To Thriving

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Paul Wheaton - how is a rocket mass heater so efficient?
    The best book I read about trauma since '97 is Pete Walker's Complex PTSD: From Surviving To Thriving

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    The rocket mass heaters thread at permies.com: https://permies.com/t/191709/people-rocket-mass-heaters

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.