Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Do you get hangry?

Do you ever get aggravated or pissy when you're hungry?

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Mostly in the mornings because I know as soon as I finish eating breakfast I have to go to work.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Yes, I don't consider myself a big eater but I do need a semi-full stomach for anything requiring higher level thinking.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Begin Ironman thought ticker tape.......

I went to the doctor two weeks ago and found out that in the last six months, I not only gained the three pounds I lost, but I gained three more. I am now nine pounds heavier than I was at the beginning of the pandemic....

....but....I have been exercising (I am down to five miles, but I am pushing to get faster and a lot of my run is on an incline which burns my abs pretty good. How much is muscle? I can see the sides of my abs underneath the Paxil Cymbalta fat. The front of the stomach's layer of fat is not as firm as it was.

It doesn't make any difference to me - I want to go ANOREXIC! No - I can't do that; I need food.

I took a look at what I ate - WAY too many chips. Hidden in the sale where I could save two dollars a bag (but I had to buy four bags to make the deal).....That all adds up. 1,200+ Calories a bag! FAT!

Arby's? No more cheese sticks! Burger King?! No more chicken nuggets with my Whopper with cheese!

I feel like I have lost at least one of the six pounds over the last 10 days - I decided to see how long I can make a bag of chips last. I bought vegetable platters despite the 40% rise in cost due to the economy.

HANGER PANGS lol

I am actually spending LESS at the store - down from a peak of $125 a week to about $95.

......Ironically, my blood work looked good - the doctor was shocked that my Vitamin D was as high as it was**** I told him it was a vitamin D tablet and then a multivitamin.

End Ironman thought ticker tape

***Vitamin D levels can only be checked by blood testing. Most people are low and don't know it! It's important for immune system and bones.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Yes. Not often though. I eat two meals a day. The big one is in the afternoon. When too many things get in between and it's postponed for a bit too long I get hangry. Just happened today. It's the combination of "hunger" and just a couple of things too many that stress me out that flips the switch. Between the last and the first meal I fast for about 18 hours without issues, so I need a specific cocktail to get hangry.
    The best book I read about trauma since '97 is Pete Walker's Complex PTSD: From Surviving To Thriving

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Since I was told that I gained six pounds from October to February, yes.

Along with a long awaited reduction in medication, I went on a diet based on what I was eating.
    My grocery store has sale where a $5 bag is down to $3.....if your buy FOUR or more. Well, I did that. Ate all the chips and wondered ahy I gained weight even though I consistently run five miles at a time.

I decided to (1) see how long I could make ONE bag go - instead of 1/2 a bag a day, I thought I would stretch it out. I then bought only three bags.
    I got one bag to last four days.....then I replaced a bag with vegetables.

I lost an inch around my waist the first month. I might actually be close to losing an entire waist size (they are in TWO inch increments, and I was wearing a 3. I am 6'3", so I am not short lol. I hope this continues - my Paxil/Cymbalta fat is really a problem.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.