Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Shooting Things Down

The US recently shot down a Chinese spy balloon
    This caused NORAD to recalibrate their sensors to look at low altitudes
    They found THREE other objects that they are saying were NOT balloons and had no signs of propulsion but they don’t know what they were
    One shot down over Alaska, one Canada, and one Michigan
    The Alaska one was operating in -50 degree windchill!
    WTF is going on ????

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    They know what most of them were. Research baloons of sorts. Celleges and the likes send them up. To collect data. They say they will be looking at changing the rules. So they have to be informed of who is sending what up into the air. If they have no record of it, they will continue to shoot them down. People are allowed fly these things. But what the US government is asking is prior notice that one is been used. Something which never had to be done before. Only makes sense. Have a record of what is up in the air over what county. You view a date base and you can tell what it is. If it is not listed on the data base shoot it down. The Chinese one was the only one that was non American. Case of how much you believe China? That they lost control of it and it ended up over the US. Makes you wonder how it got from China to there. Weather data collecting baloon. Small bit off course to say the least.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I think that China and the US are very likely spying on each other. Whether or not the balloon was a spy one or not, I'm not surprised that balloon from foreign country was shot down.

Anyway, couple of UK comedians had some fun with it by flying a balloon with a gopro attached above the Chinese Embassy, given that's technically Chinese soil. Sadly, the police quickly told them to take it down.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Good one to do. Use a drone next time. Really piss them off.

Is spying going on. Always has been. Countries can say what they want. A lot of countries spying on each other. That was a rather odd way to go about it. It is big. It is white. Could hardly miss the thing. Must be much smarter ways to spy on other countries. Maybe they thought a balloon would be ignored.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Pentagon is saying the first object shot down was a balloon. The others NOT balloons and they don’t know what they were. No wreckage able to be recovered.
    White House saying they don’t know what they are but they were “probably” balloons by private individuals. They don’t want to admit we have UNKNOWN objects floating around up there !!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Good one to do. Use a drone next time. Really piss them off.

Is spying going on. Always has been. Countries can say what they want. A lot of countries spying on each other. That was a rather odd way to go about it. It is big. It is white. Could hardly miss the thing. Must be much smarter ways to spy on other countries. Maybe they thought a balloon would be ignored.
    Maybe it was a test to see how the US would respond.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    If it was to test the US out it would be just an empty balloon. First one we don't doubt. But there are hundreds of ham balloons released into the sky every day in the US. If they are big you have to make it known about them. Just in case they are near flight paths. Smaller ones you can just send up and not have to tell anybody about. Most are simply weather balloons. I think after seeing that first one, they began looking for more. They saw more because there are hundreds up there. They were simply never looking for them before. Hence they want to know now when these balloons, big or small, are been released into the sky. Form a sort of a database. You fail to tell them about your balloon, they will shoot it down.

65320-4f76d584-ca99-4d6b-a211-b9eec1b5022e.jpg
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I am kind of suspicious about the NE Alaska and Yukon Territory....and Lake Huron balloons not being recovered. The Chinese balloon going across the country was a bad move. The Chinese have pictures of me showering now. My Ironmanliness just out there for all the Chinese to laugh at and distribute. I feel violated and my Government just let it happen.

Some hobby group said their balloon ended up missing.

Oddly, our National Weather Service actually sends up balloons like this twice a day. They have a cylindrical dropsonde that collects data like barometric pressure, temperature, wind velocity/direction, humidity, etc. Even the distance, altitude, and coordinates are recorded to denote upper level atmospheric winds.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    I am kind of suspicious about the NE Alaska and Yukon Territory....and Lake Huron balloons not being recovered. The Chinese balloon going across the country was a bad move. The Chinese have pictures of me showering now. My Ironmanliness just out there for all the Chinese to laugh at and distribute. I feel violated and my Government just let it happen.

Some hobby group said their balloon ended up missing.

Oddly, our National Weather Service actually sends up balloons like this twice a day. They have a cylindrical dropsonde that collects data like barometric pressure, temperature, wind velocity/direction, humidity, etc. Even the distance, altitude, and coordinates are recorded to denote upper level atmospheric winds.
    LOL!! Maybe they needed to see your ironmanliness to have something to aspire to!
    I’m having a hard time caring about china or other countries spying on me with a balloon. They already have access to everyone’s location and device data through TikTok apparently so why does the government care now?
    Not to mention it’s apparently fine that the NSA spies on us through Google and every other big tech company. I’d almost rather have china spy on me. It’s not like they’re going to cross the ocean and try to get me fired from my job for wrong think!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.