Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Am I the only one that feels like this?

I hope this doesn't sound silly. I actually didn't know which forum to put this in because it seems to fit a few of them but since it gives me terrible panic attacks, I figured it may fit here.

Whenever I feel myself about to have a panic attack, I start sweating and feel this urge to literally go crazy. I have this intense sense of "impending doom" like I'm close to my fate. My heart also pounds extremely hard and fast and that's what's driving me insane.

I have an intense fear of my heart exploding whether or not I'm having a panic attack and I don't know why. It's like a never ending cycle and I don't know how to end it. Is it even possible for your heart to explode? I don't have heart problems. It's just my anxiety and it's making it extremely hard for me to live a normal life anymore.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Gemmy View Post
    I hope this doesn't sound silly. I actually didn't know which forum to put this in because it seems to fit a few of them but since it gives me terrible panic attacks, I figured it may fit here.

Whenever I feel myself about to have a panic attack, I start sweating and feel this urge to literally go crazy. I have this intense sense of "impending doom" like I'm close to my fate. My heart also pounds extremely hard and fast and that's what's driving me insane.

I have an intense fear of my heart exploding whether or not I'm having a panic attack and I don't know why. It's like a never ending cycle and I don't know how to end it. Is it even possible for your heart to explode? I don't have heart problems. It's just my anxiety and it's making it extremely hard for me to live a normal life anymore.
    It doesn't sound silly. I have this too. Some days it feels like my heart is actually popping out of my body! It can be quite scary at times.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    It doesn't sound silly. I get that too sometimes. I never got the sweating from the anxiety, but I got other symptoms, and I got the one that made my heart pound as hard as it could. And it was horrible. And I did worry that it was something physical. Anxiety can do that.

Is it even possible for your heart to explode?
    Don't think so, it's just the anxiety. It can make you believe things that are completely irritational sometimes.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    *hugs* Yup, pretty much par for the panicked course, as far as I know. Although I don't usually have them, they've hit me as medication reactions before.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys I've been feeling sorta better. I've still had panic attacks, some more intense than others, but noticing that they do always subside is what's helping me feel better.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.