Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is the most embarssing thing that ever happened to you because of anxiety?

deleted-

to to embarssing leave up!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I had been hired for the 2nd summer to run a summer day camp in the city parks and recs department. The summer before I did a great job and had a ton of fun. My kids were in the camp and so it was a way for all of us to have fun again. I was hired to do it again and was at the orientation meeting with about 40 other people. A sudden panic attack struck me and I realized I couldn't run the camp. I freaked. I ran out of the room and when the leader followed me, I told her "in hysterics" that I couldn't run the camp. The camp was starting that Monday and it was going to be too late for them to get somebody else. I left and of course felt like a failure. Not only was that embarrassing, but I needed their recommendation for a job a couple of years down the road and rather than them telling me the truth (that they couldn't recommend me) they told me that they no longer write letters of recommendation.

Another time, I was working at a church bingo. I was there with my husband and we were both volunteering. All of a sudden I looked around at the hundreds of people and started shaking. I told my husband I needed to leave quickly. So we told the lady we were leaving because I was having a panic attack. About a year later we volunteered at the bingo again. The lady didn't remember me and proceeded to tell me about this "crazy lady who came one time and then said she was having some panic attack and had to leave." She went on and on about how crazy and irresponsible this person was so I guess she told people every week about this one crazy person. You should have seen the look on her face when I reminded her it was me. But yeah. That was embarrassing.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.