Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What medications do you take for anxiety, and how effective are they?

So I just went up on my buspirone/Buspar dose (as prescribed). All I can say is, wow. I have never had so many side effects on a med! This stuff makes me crazy anxious and wired, restless, etc. I know it's a side effect, so I assume it will subside after a bit. It is just so energizing for me.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Buspar was no good for me. Like Wellbutrin, it made me unreasonable and edgy. I have been on Klonopin for 2 years and while it works wonders with anxiety it's also highly addictive. Trying to wean myself off it but seem to be stuck. I cant seem to get below 1 mg per day (was up to 3 for a while).

As long as you keep Klonopin or benzo usage under tight control, it does it's job well. Buspar, WellButrin and Celexa were all a waste of time for me.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only thing that has helped me was ativan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've tried a quite few things over the past few years including antidepressants, benzos, stimulants and seroquel. I can't say I've found anything miraculous but Klonopin was probably the least offensive.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was put on Paxil for my Anxiety & Depression. My doctor told me that a lower dosage would work more on Anxiety & a higher dosage would work more on Depression. I started off at 20mg & slowly felt improvements with my anxiety & even my depression since relief from my anxiety made me happier. After awhile though I became immune to it & started back getting depressed & having Panic Attacks again so I was upped to 30mg recently. I'm currently on 30mg & it's benefiting me at the moment but I have a feeling I'll get immune after awhile again.

I have good days & bad days. A couple of times I've forgotten to take it & could tell a MAJOR difference without it then cause I would be so angry at everyone about everything. I'd become violent & have screaming fits just like I use to about on a daily bases before medication. Nowadays it's just once every blue moon so it does help mostly for my Anxiety & a little for my Depression.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was taking Klonopin 1.5 MGs, and am trying to cut it down to 1MG now. I eventually want to get off it, but want to proceed slowly.

I also take Risperdal, for Bipolar.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm on paxil.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was doing good at tapering off Klonopin but have given up for the time being. I have another health issue that is hampering my progress. I think the best advice is to stay of meds if you can....but of course if you do need them, they help a lot. I truly believe K-pins kept me from having a nervous breakdown a few years ago.

no bird
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I take about six medications, and have no care on what effect - negative or positive - they have on me. I just don't care. Xanax helps me sleep, at least. Then there's Paxil, Abilify, and three others I can't think of.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've been on Paxil for a long time and it works well for me.

Alexis1213's Avatar War of the Anxiety
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gabapentin.

It works.. tho here recently my anxiety/depression has been getting to me. I think it's because my doctor lowered my zoloft.. tho I am now taking 200 again and started that Friday so hopefully I get to feeling better.... tho I think I am getting a stomach virus so it might not work for a few days... x.x

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've been on over 10 different medications. A combination of mostly light weight ssri's / snri's, some benzos, some stimulants / and others like mirtazapine. Honestly, the most consistently helpful medication I still use is propranolol which I use prn (I've ditched everything else). And I don't get side effects from it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've never taken an anxiety medication.

I can't handle big groups of people but I can talk to people one-on-one....I think this is more of a shyness thing and I'm not sure I should even be on medication for that.

IDK anymore....it's so confusing when all I know is that I'm really struggling but even my therapist looks at me cross-eyed like she doesn't have a clue what to do....that's not reassuring.

I've thought about trying anxiety medication out of desperation but the thought of trying any more pills just wears me out. I don't want to do it anymore!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    xanax for anxiety and sleep. effective in an 'i'm already addicted so i might as well carry on but at least i don't abuse it anymore and it does still help in situations where i get extra anxious' kind of way.

lexapro for anxiety and depression. relatively effective, in a 'good enough, at least i'm not trying to kill myself all the time anymore' kind of way.

lamictal as a mood stabiliser. very effective in an 'i can actually sustain a mood now and not go completely bonkers every hour and my life is more stable and i'm heaps less destructive than before' kind of way.

seroquel occasionally but so rarely that i don't think it counts as mine anymore. it was just a sleep aid. very effective in an 'i'm a zombie and i like sleep and i don't know what day of the week it is but who really cares when my sleep is this amazing' kind of way.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WineKitty View Post
    Buspar was no good for me. Like Wellbutrin, it made me unreasonable and edgy. I have been on Klonopin for 2 years and while it works wonders with anxiety it's also highly addictive. Trying to wean myself off it but seem to be stuck. I cant seem to get below 1 mg per day (was up to 3 for a while).

As long as you keep Klonopin or benzo usage under tight control, it does it's job well. Buspar, WellButrin and Celexa were all a waste of time for me.
    I could not agree more kitty, love your Marilyn pic
    Buspar was awful, celexa did nothing and i have yet to try wellbutrin
    but yeah if you are able to be strict with yourself and manage your prescribed benzo dosages per day then you can feel positive effects from them without getting addicted.
    I have managed to stay on lorazepam at 5mg for seven months

Oh and to KATIE, yes totally agree

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.