Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seeing a new psychiatrist

I'm thinking about seeing a psychiatrist. The first time I thought about it, I looked at some doctors in my area just to see where their offices were.

This time, I'm more likely to actually make an appointment.

How did you guys go about selecting a psychiatrist to go see?

The only experience I have is from when I was in school. It was free for students so all I had to pay was for any prescriptions I had. They helped a lot and I never regretted being on those medications because they really helped. Since then, I have rarely taken prescription medicine, outside of infections and pain related to procedures.

Are you usually expected to commit to appointments and keep seeing them for follow-up appointments? Of course some people are, but I didn't know if it applied to everyone whose cases may not be as severe as others out there.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I don't handpick my psychiatrists, I just see whoever is next available and if I don't like them I see someone else, as for me I don't know if the psychiatrist is a good fit for me until I have an appointment with them. Most psychiatrists will want to see you again, but it is up to you when you see them as only you know how often you want to see them.

Keep us updated on how you go

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.