Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Virtual Reality

What do you think of virtual reality?

Is it the way of the future or just another fad?

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Haven't tried it yet, so don't know what it's like from personal experience.

VR will become cheaper over time, and in my opinion, there's a good chance that it become a popular way to play video games.

It won't replace computers though. I honestly can't ever see anyone turning on an Occulus Rift to make a spreadsheet or something.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Haven't tried it yet, so don't know what it's like from personal experience.

VR will become cheaper over time, and in my opinion, there's a good chance that it become a popular way to play video games.

It won't replace computers though. I honestly can't ever see anyone turning on an Occulus Rift to make a spreadsheet or something.
    I unfortunately have not had a chance to try it out myself either, though everyone I've spoken to that has said it was amazing!

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Bought a PSVR back in October and the experience itself is absolutely bonkers when you first try it on. It's super mind bending and the level of immersion is really intense. It's pretty much like having 3D stereoscopic image with head tracking if you can image that The games can be pretty underwhelming and a lot of them amount to just tech demoes/mini games. However there are a couple of games that are really fleshed out and man is it intense and trippy. You really do feel like you're immersed in another world.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I bought Google Glass for about ?5 on Amazon. It's a bit of cardboard really with some sort of perspex that you stick a phone into it and you can use apps to do the VR thing. I tried bowling the other day. It was...alright. Don't see what the hype is about though. Could be because I bought a bit of cardboard though.

And no, it seems I'm not one of the people that gets motion sickness.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    I bought Google Glass for about ?5 on Amazon. It's a bit of cardboard really with some sort of perspex that you stick a phone into it and you can use apps to do the VR thing. I tried bowling the other day. It was...alright. Don't see what the hype is about though. Could be because I bought a bit of cardboard though.

And no, it seems I'm not one of the people that gets motion sickness.
    Yea I'm not really sure how good of a representation Google Cardboard is for VR. I always recommend trying out the main 3 headsets (PSVR, Rift, Vive) over the mobile options (Gear VR and Cardboard) since it seems like the big 3 offer a far superior experience. However I also realize that their extremely expensive and hard to find, though I hope this changes in the future >_< Playing Resident Evil 7 in VR is just jaw dropping to say the least.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Koalafan View Post
    Yea I'm not really sure how good of a representation Google Cardboard is for VR. I always recommend trying out the main 3 headsets (PSVR, Rift, Vive) over the mobile options (Gear VR and Cardboard) since it seems like the big 3 offer a far superior experience. However I also realize that their extremely expensive and hard to find, though I hope this changes in the future >_< Playing Resident Evil 7 in VR is just jaw dropping to say the least.
    I don't doubt it will be. The price of technology always goes down in the future as VR becomes cheaper to make and improves. At the moment though, Rift and Vive is out of the question.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.