Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Dak View Post
    I honestly don't think the moderation is the problem over there.

The problem is the site has just been around for a while. This happens with all forums really. The longer the forum's lifespan, the more trolling it attracts because people find it.

I've talked with (EDITED OUT NAME), and she said it's difficult trying to tell when people are trolling versus not. She actually thought I was a troll, and after we chatted and she saw me handle a couple people on chat, her impression of me totally changed.

The problem is some people make sarcastic teasing remarks out of instinct, and that teasing can get out of control where they want to provoke others getting in trouble. The mods there are very blinded towards understanding teasing. They tolerate opinions they like while claiming they're teasing, and oppose opinions they don't like while claiming they're inappropriate.

I don't tease people ever, and (EDITED OUT NAME) even said I need to learn to lighten up. For example, one of the rules is "no generalities" but Penny doesn't understand that socially anxious people often have nothing but generalities to share BECAUSE they're too anxious to socialize. Without socializing, people lack particular details. Likewise, people who are anxious while socializing can't remember the details which happen.

It's difficult to lighten up when you don't have details to share. I don't think (EDITED OUT NAME) understands this, and I don't think she wants to deal with users who are that difficult. She's deliberately trying to scare some people off in order to accommodate only the forms of social anxiety she approves of.
    That's pathetic. How's that supposed to help the individual with SA that might have a more severe case than the typical SAer on there?

I'll say (EDITED OUT NAME) is right on one thing though... it's very difficult to tell who is trolling and who is serious these days on just about anything because any crackpot idea seems to be taken seriously. I should know, I used to debate politics. >.> But what they could start with is properly define what "spamming" is.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Harpuia View Post
    That's pathetic. How's that supposed to help the individual with SA that might have a more severe case than the typical SAer on there?

I'll say ***** is right on one thing though... it's very difficult to tell who is trolling and who is serious these days on just about anything because any crackpot idea seems to be taken seriously. I should know, I used to debate politics. >.> But what they could start with is properly define what "spamming" is.
    Right.

If I was more sophisticated, then I could deal with the serious and trolling people alike because I could tease them...

...but if I could tease them, then I wouldn't be socially anxious...

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Dak View Post
    Right.

If I was more sophisticated, then I could deal with the serious and trolling people alike because I could tease them...

...but if I could tease them, then I wouldn't be socially anxious...
    When I first went on I thought I had SA. Later on down the road I found out it was a misdiagnosis I found out I had Asperger's mixed with symptoms of PTSD and MRD instead.

So maybe if I tease them I can blame it on the Aspies.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Actually, moderators eventually pick up on the troll stuff. It is not an overnight thing, though - it takes mad mod skillz to determine that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.