Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Dumb pot prank

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...-pot-brownies/

Two University of Colorado Boulder college students are facing multiple felony charges, including assault, this morning after allegedly giving marijuana-laced brownies to an unsuspecting professor and classmates during “bring food day” Friday, sending three of them to the hospital.

At about 10:20 Friday morning, police and paramedics responded to a campus building where a female professor was complaining of dizziness and was losing consciousness, according to a statement from the University of Colorado Boulder Police.

The professor was taken by ambulance to a hospital emergency room. Later Friday afternoon, a female student was taken to a hospital for an anxiety attack, while another went to a hospital after she said she felt like she was going to blackout.

In all, police said, eight people were affected. All the victims that went to the hospital have been released, police said.

SNIP

not everyone can tolerate pot in food or smoked....A person should be aware of the contents of what they are eating. these people were not thinking right.

This is why we can't have nice things.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's one thing when you know it's in there and are expecting it...quite another when it's given to you unknowingly. I can easily see how it would cause an anxiety attack. I am glad they are being charged. I am all for the legalization of marijuana but only for the willing.

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I am for legalization too. I voted yes but it failed here in Oregon. I don't use pot myself because it causes me panic attacks, But I think others should have the right to use it. But what these kids did was just wrong, and only gives the people against legalization something to point at.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was voted legal here in Colorado but I have serious doubts it will actually be available any time soon. There is one local medical marijuana pot shop but it's very hard to get a medical card here. I don't smoke either....it makes me super paranoid and uncomfortable. But I fully support those who want to do it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    This is why it should be illegal!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ummm....Technically it still is in Colorado. How would legality/illegality prevented college students from doing something stupid?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Now that it's been legalized in CO, there's going to be a lot of weird stuff.

This was pretty bad. It's a akin to shoving propaganda in somebody's face.

"Pot is legal here, now you will LIKE IT or else!!"

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    These people are complete idiots and should be charged to the full extent of the law. Even though its impossible to fatally overdose from edibles, they can still cause some pretty intense reactions...even from people who take them willingly. Its idiots like these that push back legalization from happening

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    Now that it's been legalized in CO, there's going to be a lot of weird stuff.
    There is a long road to go and many hurdles to overcome for their to be liquor style pot shops in Colorado. This is a state where you only recently could buy liquor on Sunday and still cannot buy full strength beer, wine or spirits in the grocery stores. Again, there is medical marijuana but there is a huge list of applicants and very few doctors that will prescribe it.

This was pretty bad. .
    I agree fully with you that this was bad and a horrible thing to do someone.

"Pot is legal here, now you will LIKE IT or else!!"[/QUOTE] Hardly. It was a ill thought out prank by some idiots who should be prosecuted. No one should have any drugs slipped to them like this. Pot isn't legal on the local levels here in Colorado and still still illegal on the federal level. It's not like people are dancing around with bongs and forcing smoke down people's throats. This is an extreme case; the exception and not the rule.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.