Divine Command 45%
    Hedonism 45%
    Nihilism 40%
    Utilitarianism 40%
    Apathy 0%

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mine was a tiebreaker. It didn't say what the other philosophy was.

I got existentialism.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Existentialism
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Justice (Fairness) 90%

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The quiz is flawed. I ultimately got existentialism (should've been nihilism, or at least existential-nihilism; but, whatever, I consider myself somewhat of an existentialist. So no biggie). What confused me was, apparently I'm 50% Utilitarian, and 25% Hedonist, which is completely wrong. I even made sure that I dodged any answer that would pander to these philosophies, because I'm completely against them. I'm gonna take it again and see what happened.

Second time around was much better. Had to do a tie-breaker between Nihilism and Existentialism (as you can probably tell lol) and ultimately got nihilism. Utilitarianism is still way too high...

Nihilism 80%
    Existentialism 80%
    Utilitarianism 55%
    Kantianism 55%
    Justice (Fairness) 55%
    Strong Egoism 20%
    Hedonism 10%
    Apathy 0%
    Divine Command 0%

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hendonism: 100%
    Apathy: 90%
    Kantianism: 65%
    Strong Egoism: 60%
    Justice (Fairness): 55%
    Existentialism: 50%
    Nihilism: 50%
    Utilitarianism: 50%
    Divine Command: 0%

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Utilitarianism - 80%
    Existentialism - 70%
    Nihilism - 50%
    Hedonism - 45%
    Justice (fairness) - 15%
    Strong egoism - 15%
    Kantianism - 5%
    Apathy - 0%
    Divine command - 0%

I'd say it's more or less correct.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Had to do a tie-breaker first time - You Scored as Kantianism

Hedonism 100%
    Justice (Fairness) 100%
    Kantianism 100%
    Existentialism 100%
    Utilitarianism 90%
    Apathy 50%
    Strong Egoism 35%
    Nihilism 25%
    Divine Command 15%
    May the road rise up to meet you
    May the wind be always at your back
    May the sun shine warm upon your face
    And the rain fall soft upon your tracks
    And until, until we meet again
    May God hold you safely in the palm of His hand

From a traditional Irish Traveller's Prayer, so eloquently put to music by Australia's late great of country music, Slim Dusty

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    You Scored as Hedonism
    You believe that pleasure is a great, or the greatest, good; and you try to enjoy life’s pleasures as much as you can. “Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die!”

Hedonism 80%
    Existentialism 70%
    Divine Command 55%
    Justice (Fairness) 50%
    Strong Egoism 50%
    Kantianism 45%
    Utilitarianism 45%
    Apathy 45%
    Nihilism 0%

So what does this all mean?
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    You Scored as Hedonism
    You believe that pleasure is a great, or the greatest, good; and you try to enjoy life’s pleasures as much as you can. “Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die!”

Hedonism 80%
    Existentialism 70%
    Divine Command 55%
    Justice (Fairness) 50%
    Strong Egoism 50%
    Kantianism 45%
    Utilitarianism 45%
    Apathy 45%
    Nihilism 0%

So what does this all mean?
    Hedonism, as it says, is the moral theory that says pleasure is the greatest good: people should primarily live to maximalise pleasure (preferably their own). Existentialism is a very broad movement, but it puts very much emphasis on the individual and says every individual is free and responsible for his own actions / choices, so you can't blame society, authority, or whatever. Divine command more or less speaks for itself, then you think people should live in accordance to the work of God. Justice (fairness) is a bit vague, but you can say it rests on the emotion of fairness, that is, something is good when you 'feel' it is right. Strong egoism speaks for itself, it says everyone should exclusively act in their own interest. Kantianism, named after Immanuel Kant, states you should judge every action by its principle, that is, your action is good only if you would wish the principle behind it was a moral law for everyone (thus: you may never lie, for instance, whatever the consequences). Utilitarianism, my personal favourite, states more or less the opposite: an action is good if the consequences are good, no matter what intention involved, and the consequences are good when they promote as much happiness as possible for as many people as possible. Apathy means you're to lazy to even worry about all of this and nihilism says it makes no sense to worry about all of this because all norms, values or moral laws are total rubbish anyway.

So you seem to be an existential hedonist, which I don't believe is an official movement but it probably means you principly think every individual is responsible for their own pleasure and we are all free to do whatever deems us most tasty. That's quite cool.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Daniel C View Post
    Hedonism, as it says, is the moral theory that says pleasure is the greatest good: people should primarily live to maximalise pleasure (preferably their own). Existentialism is a very broad movement, but it puts very much emphasis on the individual and says every individual is free and responsible for his own actions / choices, so you can't blame society, authority, or whatever. Divine command more or less speaks for itself, then you think people should live in accordance to the work of God. Justice (fairness) is a bit vague, but you can say it rests on the emotion of fairness, that is, something is good when you 'feel' it is right. Strong egoism speaks for itself, it says everyone should exclusively act in their own interest. Kantianism, named after Immanuel Kant, states you should judge every action by its principle, that is, your action is good only if you would wish the principle behind it was a moral law for everyone (thus: you may never lie, for instance, whatever the consequences). Utilitarianism, my personal favourite, states more or less the opposite: an action is good if the consequences are good, no matter what intention involved, and the consequences are good when they promote as much happiness as possible for as many people as possible. Apathy means you're to lazy to even worry about all of this and nihilism says it makes no sense to worry about all of this because all norms, values or moral laws are total rubbish anyway.

So you seem to be an existential hedonist, which I don't believe is an official movement but it probably means you principly think every individual is responsible for their own pleasure and we are all free to do whatever deems us most tasty. That's quite cool.
    Very cool explanation. Thanks. You were paying attention in philosophy class. I think it's interesting because a lot of that really does describe my thinking and actions. Especially being free to do whatever I want, taking responsibility for my actions (even when I screw up). Yeah, that's me. I thought it was interesting also about the Divine Command. I think if I would have taken this years before I believed in God, I would have still tested high in that area. Coming from the totalitarian background that I came from, I am somewhat programmed to follow an authority figure. However, my recent freedom has probably given me much more points in Hedonism and Existentialism. I studied all this in my first graduate program, but obviously forgot it all. So thanks for answering.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very cool explanation. Thanks. You were paying attention in philosophy class. I think it's interesting because a lot of that really does describe my thinking and actions. Especially being free to do whatever I want, taking responsibility for my actions (even when I screw up). Yeah, that's me. I thought it was interesting also about the Divine Command. I think if I would have taken this years before I believed in God, I would have still tested high in that area. Coming from the totalitarian background that I came from, I am somewhat programmed to follow an authority figure. However, my recent freedom has probably given me much more points in Hedonism and Existentialism. I studied all this in my first graduate program, but obviously forgot it all. So thanks for answering.
    Haha, I'm currently studying philosophy, so I'd better pay attention. Hm, yeah, I see. I'm a bit more austere myself which probably leads me to utilitarianism. I think, in all its simplicity, it's a very beautiful theory. But I also see the attractiveness of existentialism and nihilism.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    As I was raking 10,000 nay 100,000 leaves today, I was thinking about all these philosophies. If someone had mostly 45% to 55% in most categories, wouldn't that mean they were pretty well rounded?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As I was raking 10,000 nay 100,000 leaves today, I was thinking about all these philosophies. If someone had mostly 45% to 55% in most categories, wouldn't that mean they were pretty well rounded?
    I don't think so to be honest. It's not like philosophy is a buffet breakfast from which you can pick as you please. I mean, a lot of combinations are just impossible because like they claim contradictory things (like utilitarianism - Kantianism, utilitarianism - egoism, nihilism - divine command, etc.). It's also not like you can pick only parts of a theory, for instance utilitarianism only works as a whole, you can't say 'I accept it for 50 %'. You know, the thing is these theories all give different ways how to live (more or less) and you can't live in nine different ways at the same time. So I'd say ideally you'd have 100 % for one or maybe two theories, and 0 % for the rest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.