Thread: St. John Wort

iamskeith's Avatar Die die
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

St. John Wort

I have tried the herb St. John Wort and end up overdosing because I didn't expect it to work. I bought 2 oz of dried herb and I smoked like 7-9 joint of it in like a day, 1-2 per interval of 3-4 hours. I also make tea out of it, cook it with instant noodles and the first time I smoke it makes me feel sleepy. The next day I felt so irritated, depressed, suicidal and my heart is beating faster than ever. It feels like caffeine intoxication. So I guess it work for sleep aid but I like the sleepy feeling so much that I end up overdosed. So I guess this prove that everything should be in moderation.

CeCe's Avatar Diamond Girl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    St John's Wort can work for chronic anxiety but you would have to take it regularly for it to be effective. I would recommend something like Bach's Rescue Remedy or Kava Kava extract that you can use when you need it. Bach Rescue Remedy is a flower essence that works great for anxiety.

I have friends that buy it and use it for their pets when they travel. It works great at calming the nerves and helping with anxiety. Kava Kava is a south pacific herb that is actually a natural muscle relaxer that many people use for sleep, anxiety or premenstrual cramps. Both would work great for you as you could use them before your presentation without any worry about getting sleepy or having any other side effects. Check with your local health food store for both products. Good luck and be well.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I recommend this site for proper dosages, side-effects and contraindications:

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/ME2/dir...2259EBA&tier=2

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/ME2/dir...od=Home&tier=1

And, of course, you should always check with your health care provider.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote iamskeith View Post
    I have tried the herb St. John Wort and end up overdosing because I didn't expect it to work. I bought 2 oz of dried herb and I smoked like 7-9 joint of it in like a day, 1-2 per interval of 3-4 hours. I also make tea out of it, cook it with instant noodles and the first time I smoke it makes me feel sleepy. The next day I felt so irritated, depressed, suicidal and my heart is beating faster than ever. It feels like caffeine intoxication. So I guess it work for sleep aid but I like the sleepy feeling so much that I end up overdosed. So I guess this prove that everything should be in moderation.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoami...dase_inhibitor

Caffeine increases adrenaline and SJW is a MOAI and so it also increases adrenaline. Given how much you took I'm surprised things didn't go worse for you.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.