• yes

20 48.78%
  • no

21 51.22%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    up until recently I would have had said yes but now, nope. I love spiders, though some are intimidating I generally find them placid and harmless. they are creepy no doubt but some smaller ones like jumping spiders are oh so fascinating. Now I get sad at the thought of anyone hurting them.. akin to someone killing someones cat or bunny rabbit I say.

Arthur Dent's Avatar Monkey man
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't like to touch them but they don't terrify me. I like to take them out the house with a sheet of paper, because I don't want my mom to kill them.

Moths, on the other hand...

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol., I own an Indian Ornamental. They are a really beautiful arboreal species.

I also have a cat that is fascinated with her. I wonder why!!! ;D
    And yes she is in an enclosed cage with a screen top. I unlatch that to feed her etc. People come over and freak. They won't even go into that room. I tell them,"She can't break through the glass or the top. C'mon now!"
    Arachnophobia

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    No, I'm not.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I eat em.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Indian Ornamentals are extremely poisonous. One bite with venom from her (Athena) will put a person in systemic shock within about an hr. Than it's E.R. time. It's the crazy fools who hold them as adults!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Not really.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not really. Most things creepy or crawly don't bother me, only if they startle me.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In general no unless they're huge.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No. Cockroaches are worse.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ExhaustedExhausted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I freak out over spiders and bugs in general. But I cannot kill them either, especially if they are going to crunch. I don't do crunchy

I had 1 in my kitchen a few months ago, I stared at it for ever, it moved and I knew I had to do something cause I cannot have it bite my cats. SOOO, I prayed, and then got the heaviest thing I could grab, (it was big, and I wanted to make sure it was dead the first time, and I didn't wanna hear any crunching)... So, I killed it. I felt terrible

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nope...

I have a "bug cup" on top of my frig, and if I find a spider in the house, or any bug I can catch, I just scoop them up and put um outside.

Bugs are generally more scared of us, and for good reason.

Remember what the late, great George Harrison said in his song, "See Yourself", "It's easier to kill a fly than it is to turn it loose..."

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote View Post
    No. Cockroaches are worse.

I let the spiders hang out in my apartment since they eat the cockroaches. I also get centipedes. They eat cockroaches too, so they are left alone.

The spiders and centipedes are pretty small for the most part, so they don't bother me too much. One time I got a big centipede. I tried to ignore it but it was creeping me out, so I dumped it out the window.

I'm really getting sick of all the cockroaches in this apartment building. I'm using poison and diatomaceous earth but doesn't seem to make much of a dent. I clean up after I cook and don't leave out any food or dirty dishes, throw out the trash nightly. The thing is, even if I kill the ones in my apartment, they just keep coming from the neighbors since there are over 100 units in the building. There must be a whole bunch in the trash compactor room because on 2 separate nights recently, the garbage chute was off limits due to pesticide spraying of the trash compactor. The roaches live in the walls and the all the pipes. So they just go from apartment to apartment.

https://www.amazon.com/Advion-Syngenta-Cockroach-Bait-Tubes/dp/B002Y2GNVM/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm extremely arachnophobic but not to the degree that my partner is. We had ENORMOUS spiders that he was calling "banana spiders" (I don't think that's what they're really called...) in our basement and he is still traumatized from that experience. He also found a nest of about 40 spiders at work and he came home crying.

Spiders are arachnids, not bugs, for all the people who are calling them "bugs." Not trying to be mean, just pointing out that there's a difference.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I'm not afraid of spiders in general, but I am afraid of deadly Australian spiders

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.