Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Geminid Meteor Shower Dec 13-14

The 2012 Geminid meteor shower should peak on the nights of December 13/14 and 14/15, but in 2012 the nights leading up to the shower’s peak have been fantastic as well. That could be in part because there’s a possible new meteor shower coinciding with the Geminids in 2012. Geminid numbers intensify as evening deepens into late night, with greatest numbers of Geminids possibly falling an hour or two after midnight (December 14 and 15) – when the meteor shower radiant point looms highest in the sky – as seen from around the globe. Meanwhile, the second shower peaks during the evening hours. So you might see a Geminid meteor, or one of these new “Piscid” meteors, at any time of night this week. And – because it takes some days or even weeks for Earth to ford these meteor streams in space – do watch for meteors for some nights before and after the peak.
    http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essent...-meteor-shower

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You're welcome, Gilt!

As luck would have it, when I stepped out to grab some groceries at 9pm, I saw a huge one streak across the sky. You can bet I made a wish!

I'll be heading back out around 1 am. Hopefully it'll be a good show!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reminder! I just now opened my window and popped my head out, and I already saw two! I'm in the country, so the view is pretty good if the weather is nice.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.