Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote JesusChild View Post
    Somebody on Twitter made a twitter page called @BlastinKids saying that his name was Adam Lanza and he was reported to the FBI twitter page about his posts which were absolutely appalling it was basically one big joke to him it was sick and those people have done the same thing made light of this horrific event that has shattered and changed so many lives.
    That is so sick.

People are so ready to blame violent video games, goth music, horror movies, or violence in mainstream media. They forget that, not everyone, not even those who are mentally ill, like violence in real life.

I wish more people were like Martin Luther King and Gandhi. I'm so tired of being typecasted because I'm different, yet everyone is so willing to thrust out these people who are troubled, into the media. It's like they feed on it. I have a healthy interest in Adam Lanza, because I want to know what went wrong...but I do know it's NOT because he was autistic, socially awkward, socially phobic, a computer geek, thin, or a loner!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I absolutely agree with you I too feel that more people should be like Martin Luther King and Gandhi. I hear you about being typecasted I was talking to my mom about this tonight, about how when theirs a shooting the media talks about how the person was a loner, was this and that.

I like your sig by the way, I completely agree with the points you made. I completely understand your need to want to know why this guy did what he did, What ever reason he had it will have ultimately have gone to the grave with him. He or Twitter took down his page cause it's no longer there. I just think its horrible to me making a mockery out of the situation and saying that you would love to shoot those kids etc; I'm with you in what you said Winter Tale.
    Friends Together Together Forever

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WineKitty View Post
    Sidenote: Why are certain words in my post links??? Why does it do that?

When I hover over the word grocery in your post it pops up an ad for Tide. That is not my brand and stop pushing your hidden laundry detergent agenda!!! :-D
    You might want to run a malware scan. I had a similar thing happen a couple of weeks ago, and it turned out to be a nasty trojan.

I don't think you were infected by the board. I'll let our web developer know, though.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am running Malwarebytes right now. I thought it was just this forum but it happens on another one also. Certain key words show up as links to products. >

It was some damn thing called "Coupon Companion" and now no links are there. I guess my theory on GoatHorned's laundry detergent agenda might have been flawed... ;b

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WineKitty View Post
    I am running Malwarebytes right now. I thought it was just this forum but it happens on another one also. Certain key words show up as links to products. >
    A Great Program to run and one that I use is Microsoft Security Essentials, I really hope I don't run into problems too. Yeah I'm sorry that's happening to you.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    They need to do away with the 2nd Amendment. It's outdated.

When that part of the Constitution was written, America was at war with Britain. I am not really knowledgeable about American history, but I do know that people had to fear being shot by people who trespassed on their property. For that reason, the right to bear arms was included.

People also hunted their own food at that time. There were no stores. Krogers didn't exist. Neither did Walmart. There is no probable reason for someone to go hunting anymore for their own food, unless they enjoy killing.

And in this age, where we have locked doors, alarm systems, and police officers at the call of a button, why do we need to bear arms? Let the police carry guns, let the criminals carry guns, let the police deal with the criminals, and let everyone else who isn't a criminal not be able to access them. The whole reason this kid was able to get guns in the first place was because his mother was a gun enthusiast. If she hadn't believed in the 2nd Amendment, we wouldn't even be having this debate.

Actually, another point of the Second Amendment was also for the People's protection against tyranny and foreign powers......as in militias, which can be used for our Defense in times of crisis.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You want to know what they have now? Bullet Proof Backpacks, they showed them on the news tonight. Bullet Proof backpacks you have got to be kidding me? I find that absolutely ridiculous, personally I find it laughable that kids are going to school with a backpack and an 11 year old Utah boy bought a gun into school saying that his parents wanted him to have it.

A claim his parents are denying and now reports are, he waved it in front of other students. I don't know if his parents are telling the truth or not but it is their responsibility as parents to lock up their guns and say to their child you are not to play around with this that it's a right and we don't think its acceptable or what ever other talk they have with him. What ever the circumstances there is no way the Principal would have made exceptions for him or anyone else to walk into the school with a gun.

I actually agree with Winter tale in all honesty, I really wish more people adopted the principals of Gandhi and Martin Luther King Junior and that yes schools that don't already have strong security should get them. Camera's, Secure doors that set an alarm after 9 and an intercom system. Kids shouldn't have to go to school terrified they might get killed.

Kids in Israel, Palestine, Somalia, the Congo, Pakistan, etc face that everyday they too shouldn't have to face that but here in North America in a Democracy in a place that should value human rights people put Guns over children I personally think Children are more valuable than guns.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My heart breaks everytime I read something about the Sandy Hook tragedy and the same question keeps running through my mind.. Why is nothing being done about the gun laws there? It is awful when you realize that if you wanted a semi automatic you could probably go to your local Walmart (if in the US) and purchase one.
    I have read statistics that say that China 5 school shootings in the last 2 years and has like 5 times the population as the US which has had 15... Keep in mind China has very strict if not a complete ban on guns. So please explain to me why after 15 shootings are these firearms reaching the hands of irresponsible headcases? If you want to own a gun for hobby purposes such as hunting or whatever they should only be made available to people who OWN a GUN LICENCE and during the hunting season.. any other time they should be locked away by officials or the government.
    As for the 2nd Amendment stuff: "We need guns to stop invaders"... besides 9/11 when are you planning on getting invaded? "We need to protect our homes and family"... Its called an alarm system... other countries use them and don't rely on guns or weapons....

I hope no other children have to be put through this hell, the country has been through enough having 20 kids + 6 adults being lost due to guns.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They need to ban guns here. They just really need to.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They need to ban guns here. They just really need to.
    I really hope your wish never comes true. That would be the worst thing to ever happen to this country.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote GoatHorned View Post
    I really hope your wish never comes true. That would be the worst thing to ever happen to this country.
    As opposed to people getting shot in the streets, everyday?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As opposed to people getting shot in the streets, everyday?
    Hell i've never been shot once, yet alone everyday. Considering the vast majority of people never will be shot, i'd definitely say it's worse, yes.
    The gun BAN you want would result in a huge loss of life. Why would you want that?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote GoatHorned View Post
    Hell i've never been shot once, yet alone everyday. Considering the vast majority of people never will be shot, i'd definitely say it's worse, yes.
    The gun BAN you want would result in a huge loss of life. Why would you want that?
    I don't see it resulting it anything like that.

If anything, it would save lives. It would just result in people who are gun enthusiasts not being able to access guns.

And can someone explain to me how, in other parts of the world, where guns are banned, or at least aren't obsessed like over here, school shootings don't happen every year, much less every day?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't see it resulting it anything like that.

If anything, it would save lives. It would just result in people who are gun enthusiasts not being able to access guns.

And can someone explain to me how, in other parts of the world, where guns are banned, or at least aren't obsessed like over here, school shootings don't happen every year, much less every day?
    I believe there would be an extremely violent revolt. People would definitely have the right to be angry too.

Why are you totally exaggerating the frequency of school shootings? Being deceitful is not a good way to prove a point, imo.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *sigh*

I once watched a horror movie that started off with "Every day, 12 people just disappear. Some are found. Some aren't."

I don't know how true that is, but they cited a news source underneath. Probably fictional, but anything to reduce the violence, in any way possible, should be done.

I am all for fantasy horror, but the true monsters need to be prevented from doing damage. If Freddy Kreuger was on the streets, I'd say that we needed to lock him up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.