Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As I have stated, I don't advocate a "ban" per se. But I don't think it's unreasonable to talk about additional gun control measures. Sadly, if you mention those two words--gun control--the gun nuts perceive that as "gun ban". I was talking to someone about this the other day who couldn't grasp the difference between the two terms.

Our society is coming apart slowly. America is it's own worst enemy. We need to worry more about our fellow countrymen than weaponry. I know I said this before but it's so obvious to me that it's hard to believe everyone cannot see that.

AussiePea's Avatar Straya
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You only need to look at what effect the gun "ban" imposed here after our horrific 1996 massacre has had on the overall rate of shootings, murder and suicide to see that quite honestly, banning them in the states would not really achieve anything. Crime involving guns here was not reduced and something like 90% of all gun related crime was with unregistered and illegally owned weaponry. Suicide rates actually increased, eventhough suicide with guns reduced 80% (they just used other means). So with that in mind I can't really see how a ban there would make any real difference, there are just SO MANY guns and those who would ever intend on using them illegally would simply keep them or find a way to keep access to them.

Regulating them can't be a bad idea if for no other reason than educating the population in some fashion and hopefully reducing the number in rotation 100 years down the line, but as far as a means of preventing massacres and general gun related crime, I really don't see how anything could help your country, it has almost become part of your culture. Sad.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.