Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I feel like I get put down for not being wealthy. Generally I don't broadcast my spiritual beliefs to people. I've never been put down for my non-believing ways really.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I agree with winterstale, I've got better things to do than go around focusing on other people's religions. I don't care up to the point where they use their religion to abuse other people etc. I don't like the honor killings of females etc. Not even sure if that is religion or if it is more culture.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I've been called stupid, fuckwit, told I will burn in hell and that god/jesus hates me because I'm an atheist. But I guess that isn't any different to anything else in my life, everything I do or say is questioned, judged, made fun of or gossip about. It makes me feel broken, an outcast and feels like I don't do things correct or like normal people would. It makes me want to live in a cave somewhere and avoid people altogether, at least then I can avoid that hurt I get from people for not acting "normal".

Total Eclipse's Avatar Happy Sparkles and Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Joker View Post
    I've been called stupid, fuckwit, told I will burn in hell and that god/jesus hates me because I'm an atheist. But I guess that isn't any different to anything else in my life, everything I do or say is questioned, judged, made fun of or gossip about. It makes me feel broken, an outcast and feels like I don't do things correct or like normal people would. It makes me want to live in a cave somewhere and avoid people altogether, at least then I can avoid that hurt I get from people for not acting "normal".

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    StressedStressed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I ever end up swearing, I get all kinds of dirty looks and everyone starts lecturing me about how it's inappropriate. They say the same words and phrases and it's ok if they do it, but unacceptable if I ever do it. It's always from people who say they are Christian and go to church.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Joker View Post
    ---wow Joker, you must live in a very religious family or town? Some areas are not extra religious

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Misssy View Post
    ---wow Joker, you must live in a very religious family or town? Some areas are not extra religious
    If they were calling him names, those people may have their own "religion," but they certainly aren't "godlike" in my opinion. The God that I know in my heart doesn't call any of his children names. Especially the ones who don't believe. imho, God loves all of his children and and nobody has a right to judge his children (not even so-called holy people).

I'm sorry that happened, Joker. Please don't let clueless people who use religion as a superiority trip sway your spiritual beliefs. We are all different and have different spiritual paths as well. It's a personal thing, imo, and nobody can tell you whether you are right or wrong because they don't know. They haven't died yet to find out have they?

Personally, I speak to God and put my faith in him, but I don't belong to a religion. I also get angry with God and struggle to trust him. I certainly don't need an entire town to "tell" me I'm wrong to waver in my faith. Seriously, it's the wavering and journey of faith that I believe is the learning part of being on earth. (that's just my belief and believe me, I won't be telling people to believe the way I do.....................they couldn't keep up with my spiritual ups and downs because I even get nauseated on my spiritual roller coaster)
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Inscrutable Banana's Avatar Diggin' My Potatoes
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't concern myself with what other people believe unless their beliefs specifically compel them to cause harm to others. Ultimately, peoples spiritual and religious experiences and beliefs are their own and it's not my place to try impose whatever mine may be upon them, and I expect people to show me that same level of respect and understanding. If I think that people can be comfortable with me holding an objective opinion of their experiences I'll gladly listen to someone explain to me why they believe what they do, but a lot of people aren't really capable of having an discussion about spirituality or religion without taking differences in beliefs personally so I usually avoid the subject entirely. Politics is often a similarly volatile subject that I prefer to avoid unless I have good reason to believe things won't go south.

Personally, I consider myself agnostic. I hold neither a concrete belief that there is or isn't something more than just what we experience as individuals during our relatively limited time on this planet. I simply don't know enough yet to feel confident one way or the other about a lot of things, and I figure I'll either come to my own personal understanding during the course of my life (through willful collection of knowledge and contemplation or through some sort of epiphany) or I'll find out when I'm dead. For the moment, all I can do is live my life and try my best to do good by myself and others with a reasonable expectation of occasionally faltering due to being an imperfect creature.
    “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.” — George Carlin

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." — George Carlin

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    People are more accepting that I practice Buddhism nowadays. Before, years ago, people i came across always had to joke about the religion, saying its stupid 'to worship some kind of fat man.' Buddha himself was not fat, that's Budai.

People may be more accepting now, but I still wish more would educate themselves about each religion before making crass remarks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.