Page 276 of 374 FirstFirst ... 76 176 226 266 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 286 326 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 5601
    Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Nyctophilia View Post
    ^ DMT sounds cool but I'm also worried about doing it due to mental health issues + a cousin with schizophrenia. (The insanity of the post below I decided to write kind of makes this sentence more ironic.)
    Yeah, that's basically the same reason why I'm afraid to try it. I don't want to be thrown into psychosis.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Lol:

Chaos Dragon. Restore the dragonsphere: (Transhumanist dragonkin simulationist archipelago/patchwork)
    http://patreon.com/alephwyr, http://alephwyr.substack.com, alephwyr.eth
    Average Grimes follower.

poppy wrote that
    Nope, she was at the gym
    PLEASE REDO YOUR COLLAB ERA, YALL WOULD SLAY
    I don't really get why people want them to collab again. It wasn't that great:

Poppy, it appears, did let it go. In a November 2019 interview with*NME, the interviewer told Poppy how weird it was that Grimes' first single since the altercation, "We Appreciate Power,"*was from an artificial intelligence's point of view and almost seemed to dip into Poppy's aesthetic. However, Poppy wasn't interested in revisiting the spat and dismissed it as "kind of dead news."*
    It's funny though because they both have exactly the same aesthetic but they both just took it from anime, cyberpunk and e-culture. Poppy's thing is probably darker on the surface though and Poppy just replaced Mars Argo initially.

Poppy says that the change was rather organic, as when she was making*Am I Girl?*she was already listening to heavier music, and the "disconnect" between her personal preferences and the relatively sugary tunes she was crafting in the studio was getting to her.
    This came out at the same time anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdH2Sy-BlNE

age restricted on YouTube oh boo. The visual science fiction album Dirty Computer by Janelle Monae:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGRzz0oqgUE

They collab'd too before that.

And Grimes' current album concept just sounds like the gender accelerationist black paper. Which I used to think was a coincidence but there's no way at this point she wasn't exposed to those ideas because of her social circle etc so.

They have to be evil because of their cute appearance for... Reasons I've gone into in my Jordan Peterson post and repeatedly. (I also have neotenic features so I have first hand experience.) I mean they don't have to (Aurora doesn't lean into that aesthetic,) but it's always going to be a statistical probability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izePLzAbc40

I wear my scary mask when I'm afraid
    I don't belong
    You can't read my brain until it's off
    Not coming off
    Not coming off
    Get up

“I don't want to be infantilized because I refuse to be Sexualized.” - Grimes.

Everyone's borderline schizophrenic so I'm waiting for Jordan Peterson to get to the stage where he connects everything and goes on an all out war against Grimes tbh I now believe there's a 15% chance of this especially if you read her vevo notes here lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQjtsJi3k_I

I like making friends with demons. You need special eyes to see 'em. Have you got your Shinigami eyes on?
    Like Ryuk (a shinigami from Death Note,) the A.I NO ONE enters the human world to have fun and destabilize things.
    Just realised Dorian Electra is in this video too lol.... She said they're one of her favourite musicians. I can't really get into most of their music and a lot of their uploads are just basically pure chaos lol. Not even sure what this is. Some kind of advert. It's very experimental. It's kind of like Skrillex metal (with a tiny bit of hiphop mixed in.) I mean Skrillex did start off with another genre but emo not metal. This track is OK sounds a lot like this one Japanese musician 4s4ki's music. There's only one track in this style that I like. (Although Zheani is on this and I think it's some of her worst work. She has some other good tracks. Also the lyrics reference demons again lol.) A while back they had more melodic parody kind of music. They have a weird political backstory too. Because of course. My teenage self who was obsessed with lime/neon green wants to like this but you know I just don't really musically.

“it’s a space opera about CLAIRE DE LUNE – an artificial courtesan who was implanted in a simulation that is a memory of the AI creation story on earth from the brain of the engineer who invented AI because he wants to re live his life but see if his perfect dream girl could teach him to love and thereby he would preserve humanity this time rather than let them fade into obscurity – overcome by the machines. “As she slowly realizes she is essentially a dancing puppet for the male gaze tho, their relationship grows complex. Simultaneously – “NO ONE” (the most powerful super intelligence in the future where the simulation is being rendered from) realizes there’s a massive hyper-realistic sim running and sends in her troll AI puppets to wreak havoc.”
    However this isn't Disney, so it's still mostly unlikely to be on his radar. And I'm not convinced he'll go after someone with a face like Grimes.

There's a 30% chance he's going to do this:

I didn't even know this happened. This is the original video I was looking for where he looks like he's sitting on a toilet. 'It's a bold strategy' I guess it didn't pay off for him lol. He uh 'got tricked into watching anime.'

Make him watch either Princess Knight (I discovered this yesterday.) or Princess Jellyfish. We only have one shot at this and I have to be entertained. It's ticking a lot of boxes in terms of things he doesn't care for lol:

Taking place in a medieval European-like fairy tale setting, Princess Knight is the story of Sapphire who must pretend to be a male prince so she can inherit the throne of Silverland as women are not eligible to do so. As she is born, her father, the King, announces his baby is a boy instead of a girl. The reason for this is that the next-in-line to the throne, Duke Duralumin[b] is an evil man who would repress the people if his son, Plastic, were to become king. Duralumin and his henchman Baron Nylon often scheme to take over the kingdom and attempts to prove that Sapphire is really a girl. Sapphire can keep the fa?ade because, when she was born, she received the blue heart of a boy as well as the pink heart of a girl. Because of this, God sent Tink,[c] a young angel-in-training, down to Earth to retrieve Sapphire's extra heart. Sapphire would not let Tink remove her boy's heart, however.

Sapphire and Tink experience a variety of adventures, including encounters with Satan,[d] a warlock who wants to steal Sapphire's special two-hearted soul and take over the kingdom. However, he is always frustrated by Tink and his fear of angels, and by his own daughter, Hecate,[e] a demonic-shapeshifting witch who at first she appears to be evil like her father, but who covertly helps Sapphire foil her father's plans. Sapphire also dons a Zorro-style mask at night, fighting crime as the Phantom Knight, and gets involved with Franz Charming, the young prince of neighboring Goldland. Their relationship is multi-faceted; Franz is familiar with Sapphire as three entirely different people and has different feelings toward each. He is good friends with Prince Sapphire, in love with the unnamed princess, and despises the Phantom Knight, whom he believes is a rival for the Princess's affection.
    That wouldn't be the most productive choice. The names in this are great 'plastic' and 'nylon.' Yeah I hate coming up with names too. I love how God is just automatically opposed to the non-binary character because this is true of the Christian God according to Human followers in the USA lol. This work is from the 1960s or something. NBC delayed it coming to English speaking audiences. In spite of everything the above work is still not pro-Satan lol.

Also I would have accepted Jojo's bizarre adventure. But alas:

He loophole'd his way out. Uh and you call us (vague group of anyone who doesn't fall into his morality) Satan. We're going to have to work a lot harder.

Anyway I mostly need the Jordan Peterson thing to happen just for the narrative of him becoming famous for arguing with his 'blue haired crowd genderfluid students' and then getting suspended from twitter for his comments to Elliot Page who never responded to him then he lost the plot, got brought back from the dead and started ranting about anonymous troll demons and Elmo, so for him to then go 'Grimes is reprehensible propaganda for the anonymous troll demon agenda' would be funny because of her image and the fact she has a song about a time travelling shapeshifting genderfluid Al Pacino character and wants to look like Sephiroth and Griffith.

He's going after the whole gang.

Edit: Also I forgot but Grimes is also Canadian so yeah lol.

It kind of connects everything together neatly. He only likes chaos when it's working for him I don't know if it was a conscious decision but both tumblr and 4chan independently decided to embrace frogs hahahaha. I'm also still genuinely confused why anonymous pepe fascist types ever assumed he was on their side. He's too normie and was also never in agreement with their anti-Semitism. I guess they just thought 'he's rightwing and has clear schizophrenic traits like us yay.'

Also in the video he talks about kek and how it means lol in Korean but it doesn't that's 'kekeke' (ㅋㅋㅋ) kek is just what the Alliance in World of Warcraft see when Horde players type lol because they can't speak Orcish but other three letter words can get translated to kek too. Then they included that because Korean Starcraft players would say 'Kekeke' (it's onomatopoeia like haha,) because the game didn't support Korean initially.

(This post kind of had to end here because 'chaos dragon' lol come on.)

Chaos dragon from twitter: Jreg's Accelerate is better

This is also true

(Actually it isn't because We Appreciate Power has a great Nine Inch Nails sound but it's funnier.)
    The impulse is pure
    Sometimes our circuits get shorted
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    And the balance distorted
    By internal incoherence

A tired mind become a shape-shifter
    Everybody need a mood lifter
    Everybody need reverse polarity

Everybody got mixed feelings
    About the function and the form
    Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Lol I love how The Sims is listed under influences on Juno Birch's wikipedia page:

Birch's influences include Twiggy, The Smurfs, Mommie Dearest, The Stepford Wives, Jennifer Coolidge, John Waters, Tim Burton, The Sims, Death Becomes Her, Beetlejuice, and Mars Attacks![16][17]
    The Sims is the only reason I know she exists tbf because I'm not that into drag culture in general.

I love how in the 2020s someone can be a famous drag queen and Sims YouTuber. It's so random.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    On my random anon discourse twitter account there's only really one person who consistently follows my tweets and likes a lot of them and responds to them lol. I decided to follow her back but none of her tweets really show up in my timeline so I basically rarely read them. I think she actually started following me many months ago after we essentially got into a sort of debate about this account we both follow that she felt was transphobic I guess and I was defending the account, so I was a bit confused when she started following me and liking a bunch of my tweets. She's kind of cute I guess in her profile pic anyway. I noticed she changed her profile picture recently to one wearing glasses.

I looked back through my tweets and saw that I annoyed some super straight guy by making a jokey post about the 'non-binary gaze' in response to a trans woman posting about the female gaze lol. He told me to stop gaslighting people. :') That's another word that's been ruined like grooming.

---

I think the ethics of AI and robotics is complicated by the fact that on the one hand if you want to use them as tools you have to have a clear line between your definition of Human and machine/artificial intelligence (Human and object/machine.) But in the future if people become more cyborg the definition of Human will have to either change or we'll have evolved past it. Having compassion for machines/aliens/other Humanoid life forms etc makes it easier to empathise with actual hybrids that might exist in the future (or in the present since a lot of people are struggling to empathise with trans and non-binary people, or people using the internet anonymously as Human already,) but it's counterproductive when considering AI/machines as non-Human. This is the major moral dilemma of the singularity. (Lol had to post that. Tbh C-3PO's impact culturally as a kind of [BEEP] coded English coded morally ambiguous Humanoid robot explores these perception difficulties. But I'm more interested in Auralnauts comic version of Star Wars. R2-D2 isn't Humanoid enough to be written this way/or get this image. And of course anything that creates this hybrid/uncanny valley effect in the minds of people will be seen as viral in a sense. Like vampires, spreading their hybridness. Or Creepio in this fanwork and his obsession with creating the perfect Human/machine hybrid. Which in a sense he already is. Not quite sure where that assumption comes from culturally. More to think about. I mean I guess it's just because they're seen as partly ingroup and partly not so more of a threat to integrity by breaching barriers. Something like that.)

Within the last ten years this moved from being mostly science fiction to a major element of the culture war.

Autistic people seem to be able to do this more easily. Autistic people are poorer at reading Humans but not anthropomorphisms. (I believe this general tendency might also also be why objectophilia is more common in autistic people,) it seems to take the masculine tendency to be interested in objects/things and the feminine interest in people and just moosh that together. So it might start to be selected for more.

Research suggests that one area of social‐cognitive strength in autistic people centers upon anthropomorphism (Atherton & Cross, 2018 ). Anthropomorphism refers to social cognition about nonhuman agents and is commonly deployed when interacting with animals, robots, dolls, cartoons, or avatars (Yamada et al., 2013). As evidenced by the uncanny valley effect (Mori et al., 2012), NTs are better at relating to real humans than anthropomorphic stimuli (Cheetham et al., 2014). However, autistic adolescents have been found to have improved FER using an anthropomorphised version of the Karolinska directed emotional faces task (Cross et al., 2019). NTs also regularly perform more poorly on FER tasks when stimuli are anthropomorphic rather than human (Atherton & Cross, 2018, 2019). This likely stems from their expertise and familiarity with similar types of human agents repeatedly encountered through everyday life (Cheetham et al., 2014). In contrast, there is a good deal of evidence that autistic people do not show this bias for the purely human. Unlike NTs, autistic people do not detect uncanniness in response to anthropomorphic faces (Feng et al., 2018 ) or voices (Kuriki et al., 2016).
    If you look at how people with autistic traits, or diagnosed autism are portrayed in film/TV they are regularly referred to as being slightly non-Human or robotic themselves (also weird overrepresentation of very intelligent people/geniuses which isn't representative of most people with ASD):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT8Boaz6gOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4qdsJkBNLs

Neurodiverse aliens lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1vcEXpQNhI

There's about 21.k people following this subreddit r/voidpunk which is a fairly small number but in terms of reddit communities is probably medium sized.

Voidpunk is a subculture for those who have been dehumanized to reclaim their dehumanization. Many are told that all humans experience romantic and/or sexual attraction, are binary cisgender, are neurotypical, are white etc. This subculture is for those who don't match that criteria of humanity and don't want to match it.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    It seems to have snowed a lot. I don't like how many layers I'm having to wear atm because of the cold it's sort of slowing me down.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Nyctophilia View Post
    It seems to have snowed a lot. I don't like how many layers I'm having to wear atm because of the cold it's sort of slowing me down.
    Yep. Same where I am. Snow.

But it seems warmer than not snowing yesterday here.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So, what's a polite way of saying "Given the current weather and rail strikes this week, there is about as much chance of me being able to get to Timbuktu tomorrow as there is of me being able to get to the office in London tomorrow", in a way that is appropriate for work?

And no, "we're a team, lets make it happen." doesn't make trains run or clear snow, because for some reason this country grinds to a complete halt when there's a little bit of snow.

I'm really growing to hate that term. "We're a team."
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Doseone View Post
    I have some DMT that my sister sent me a few months ago, but I'm too afraid to try it. Lol. One of these days.
    What an awesome sister you have! I pretty much gave up on even talking about psychedelics with mine. Even though they are the reason we reconnected and she's seen how much they've helped me, the primary response is always with fear. I'm tired of having to deal with others' fears before and after doing something which is scary enough for me as it is.

Some bizarre info: DMT is illegal over here, but it's still possible to legally purchase 5MeO.
    The best book I read about trauma since '97 is Pete Walker's Complex PTSD: From Surviving To Thriving

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Doseone View Post
    Yeah, that's basically the same reason why I'm afraid to try it. I don't want to be thrown into psychosis.
    @Doseone @Nyctophilia
    I know the feeling. The irony of it all is what I had been avoiding my entire life because of mental health issues turned out to be the one thing that actually did help with that. It could have pushed me over the edge as well. There was no way of knowing for sure. It took me 1.5 years of studying and carefully weighing the risk/benefits before I decided to do it. The only reason I eventually took the plunge is because all else had failed and I was about to end my life. I'm looking forward to the time a person in such a position can walk into a clinic an get proper screening, support, and aftercare. Fortunately we're getting very close to that. Apart from that, the idea of looking for fun in this domain while dealing with mental health issues short circuits my brain.
    The best book I read about trauma since '97 is Pete Walker's Complex PTSD: From Surviving To Thriving

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote TuanJie View Post
    What an awesome sister you have! I pretty much gave up on even talking about psychedelics with mine. Even though they are the reason we reconnected and she's seen how much they've helped me, the primary response is always with fear. I'm tired of having to deal with others' fears before and after doing something which is scary enough for me as it is.

Some bizarre info: DMT is illegal over here, but it's still possible to legally purchase 5MeO.
    To the horror of a certain type of British tourist, who somehow manages to go from "weed and is legal in the coffeeshops and some psychdelics are legal at a retreat in limited quantities for personal use" to "all drugs are legal and we can do what we want."
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    It'd be great if we can just sign up for medical euthanasia without having to jump through a bunch of hoops. There is a puritanical/religious backing to keep it from being more accessible... I'm sure there is some kind of belief Christians have where suicide is a sin.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So rail strikes all this week (again.)

Alongside Royal Mail strikes. Alongside Border Force and baggage handlers at airport, Highway maintenance, nurses, civil servants, bus drivers...

Why are they striking? Well, inflation is at 10% and pay is not increasing to match that, we are being told there is no money whilst business reports record profits - in the case of medics, who were handed whooping 1% payrise after covid (but they had everyone clap in appreciation!). And the reality is inflation is supply-side, not due to nurses getting more than 1% in payrises. Rail workers are also striking over proposed changes to the working contracts or staff being cut from rail stations or trains to make them more automated, alongside cutting staff doing safety checks who spot something before a train crash happens, which sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Same time we have people wondering why this is a nurse shortage, why it is that a lot simply immigrate to countries that will pay them more, or why they leave nursing and get another job. Honestly? You'd have a lot more success retaining and recruiting staff if you paid them more.

In other news, diplommunity once again rearing its ugly head. This time, a Chinese diplomat dragging a Hong Kong Protestor into the embassy and assaulting him. And not much anyone can do about it because of Geneva diplommunity, beyond demanding that the immunity is lifted so the police can investigate, or be declared Persona Non Grata and be expelled. China appears to have just recalled them.

Of course, its a slippery slope diplommunity, it likely protects diplomats in authoritarian states like Russia, Iran or North Korea (who by all accounts, get an unusually free life in NK due to diplommunity).

But it does lead to abuses of it where not much can be done beyond expulsion, whether it is Libyan diplomats shooting people from the embassy window (though that guy later fled Libya during regime change and for some bizarre reason, tried to claim asylum in the UK...who just arrested him), or the wife of an American diplomat (sorry, signals expert a military base, though I personally suspect the wife was the actual "signals expert" here*) who ran into a motorcyclist with her car, then used diplommunity to flee, or this new incident with China.

*Spy.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I refuse to believe half the points in this video are serious discourse and not just trolling. I did notice some of the sports team discourse a while back though lol. 'A masculine cuckery.' Lol. But yeah that's pretty much how they would have to define it using their vocab. I was confused like 1. why are you making me defend sports fans lol? The universe is unbalanced and 2. 'surely you've already alienated enough people now you're coming after the masculine dominant hobby of sports?' I like how they see gaming as simultaneously childish and unmasculine but also if a woman is into it that's basically 'gay' and like dating a guy and also 'she's probably pegging you' ... Lol.... (Obviously a lot of this messaging is contradictory and nobody agrees but yeah.)

Also: "men who collect things creep me out." Lol.

When that one person asked one of these people to provide a list of approved leisure activities he just listed things like changing the oil in a car, upgrading ram in family computer, doing the laundry. These are chores dude not leisure activities. Yes I too have built PC's/upgraded PC parts. I don't actually find this enjoyable at all especially researching parts. I think some guys find this sort of thing enjoyable but I don't, and the inclusion of laundry is sus too who is doing that for fun? You can come and do mine lol.

Quoting shoe in the video: "Also why is it always coffee? Why is it always Starbucks Latte?"

This comment on the video lol:

I've never had any problem with people's attraction preferences but honestly I was very prejudice towards transgenders/gender fluid people until I found 100gecs and Dorian. I used to watch stuff like so and be like ahh this is so weird but now I love it, it's someone being who they want to be, not worrying about judgement, embarrassment etc etc. As a straight "wannabe" alpha male, I wish I could have the same level of confidence and it's made me gain a lot of respect for the LGBTQ community
    I think it's because a lot of these accounts are trollish and working with memes. But both sides of the culture war are connected by a visceral fear of pumpkin spice girl(tm.) At some point there's going to be a creepypasta (technically that music video already is one,) in the same way slenderman (who wears a suit,) is a contemporary capitalistic horror creature a bit like the Gentlemen in the Buffy episode Hush (inspired by similar themes I think.) They are new age vampires.

There's an ascetic thread running through a lot of the arguments about fancy drinks, video games and watching sports alongside all the sexual conservatism. They frame their opposition to consumerism and certain forms of sexuality as masculinity (others have commented on how masculinity is a purity culture before though.) This is fairly odd as ascetic lifestyles have a kind of genderless/androgynous quality if anything and a lot of cultural and spiritual roles like this have been associated with third/fourth/fifth genders or women in many cultures. It also becomes quite incoherent/trollish when taken to extremes like Nick Fuentes apologising for having kissed a girl as a teenager and arguing that having sex with women is kind of 'gay.'

After a few meteoric attempts to appropriate its power, the declaration that in Christ there is no more male or female faded into innocuous metaphor, perhaps to await the coming of its proper moment.
    In Indonesia:

Oroan? are loosely comparable to cisgender men, makkunrai to cisgender women, calalai to transgender men, and calabai to transgender women,[6] while bissu are loosely comparable to androgynous or intersex people and are revered shamans or community priests.
    Bissu initiation is a long process that includes a potentially life-threatening ceremony where they have to prove themselves immune to a ceremonial knife called a keris, Professor Lathief said.

They are also required to remain celibate and wear conservative clothes. In practice, many bissu do partake in sexual activities (especially with oroan?) but this is not widely acknowledged and public recognition is seen as delegitimizing to the bissu's spiritual power
    In pre-Islamic Bugis culture, bissu were seen as intermediaries between the people and the gods, according to Indonesian anthropologist Professor Halilintar Lathief. The bissu are closely associated with the female yet androgynous moon goddess, as her spiritual offspring.[12]
    By the age of about twelve, if a child demonstrates a close connection with the spirit world, they are groomed to become a bissu. In the past, such a child would be apprenticed to the royal court. Nowadays, a child will become the apprentice of an individual bissu. After many years of training, an apprentice bissu will undergo a number of tests in order to become a bissu. This includes, among many other tests, lying on a bamboo raft in the middle of a lake for three days and three nights without eating, drinking, or moving.
    Balkans:

In times when women had a prescribed role, burrnesha gave up their sexual, reproductive and social identities to acquire the same freedoms as men. They could dress as men, be head of the household, move freely in social situations, and take work traditionally open only to men.
    The US:

After suffering a severe illness in 1776, the Friend claimed to have died and been reanimated as a genderless evangelist named the Public Universal Friend, and afterward shunned both birth name and gendered pronouns. In androgynous clothes, the Friend preached throughout the northeastern United States, attracting many followers who became the Society of Universal Friends.[5]

The Friend preached sexual abstinence and disfavored marriage, but did not see celibacy as mandatory and accepted marriage, especially as preferable to breaking abstinence outside of wedlock.[81] Most followers did marry, but the portion who did not was significantly above the national average of the time.[62] The preacher also held that women should "obey God rather than men",[80] and the most committed followers included roughly four dozen unmarried women known as the Faithful Sisterhood who took on leading roles of the sort which were often reserved to men.[82] The portion of households headed by women in the Society's settlements (20% ) was much higher than in surrounding areas.[83]
    A lot of ascetics are genetically female, non-conforming women and lesbian women. There's an overrepresentation of homosexual people in general (ironically considering the Western masculine purity culture thing and calling everything 'gay.') In the West there are several radical feminists who started off as nuns or otherwise had some Christian background, some of them also later came out as lesbians (a lot of their work makes up the bulk of sex negative/transmisogynistic feminism.) I don't care for their ideology lol. I find Shulamith Firestone and Valerie Solanas interesting (they were both schizophrenic and not part of the ex-nun/christian crowd,) but only because Solanas's 'work' had role reversal and male feminisation themes in, and Shulamith Firestone talked about artificial wombs. So they inspired xenofeminism and cyberfeminism a bit I think (especially Firestone.)

I think elements of 'the right (tm)' do acknowledge masculine male homosexuals occasionally like Yukio Mishima, Jack Donovan and of course Bronze Age Pervert (lol OK, but the first two actually are/were homosexual.)
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote TuanJie View Post
    @Doseone @Nyctophilia
    I know the feeling. The irony of it all is what I had been avoiding my entire life because of mental health issues turned out to be the one thing that actually did help with that. It could have pushed me over the edge as well. There was no way of knowing for sure. It took me 1.5 years of studying and carefully weighing the risk/benefits before I decided to do it. The only reason I eventually took the plunge is because all else had failed and I was about to end my life. I'm looking forward to the time a person in such a position can walk into a clinic an get proper screening, support, and aftercare. Fortunately we're getting very close to that. Apart from that, the idea of looking for fun in this domain while dealing with mental health issues short circuits my brain.
    Yeah I know they were doing some research in the UK with DMT for treatment resistant depression and psilocybin. I watched a documentary about that a while ago.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    To the horror of a certain type of British tourist, who somehow manages to go from "weed and is legal in the coffeeshops and some psychdelics are legal at a retreat in limited quantities for personal use" to "all drugs are legal and we can do what we want."
    I guess most (drug) tourist also don't know weed is illegal here as well. It's officially being "tolerated" and has been for decades. Though not legal. Coffee shops are allowed to sell it, but aren't allowed to buy it. It doesn't make legal or economic sense. A trial with legally grown stuff has been postponed again, so organized crime can enjoy for a little while longer. Meanwhile a non profit has been sued for offering cannabis oil to people like myself (sleep issues and such). After loosing, they joined forces with an American company, which is now producing water with a legally allowed percentage of THC and other cannabinoids. The non profit has the ambition to make it available all over the EU, since apparently this is a bit of a loophole in European law.

Magic mushrooms are illegal here as well, after a knee jerk political response to an incident years ago. Only they messed up so it's legal to produce, sell and buy magic truffles which is the same thing in a different form. If we'd done this properly, we'd have an awesome industry now, but it looks like the US has beaten us to it. Welcome to the Netherlands.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.