Page 255 of 374 FirstFirst ... 55 155 205 245 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 265 305 355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 5600
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Aw, he looks comfortably settled in his new home.

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    Aw, he looks comfortably settled in his new home.
    Yeah, he's very comfortable now.

Random thought: You know those Coinstar things at the entrances of some stores? Well, I found a 50? Mexican coin (half a peso?) and a pre-1963 (aka silver) dime on the side of the machine. I've done the coin thing a few times and it won't take certain coins if they're too dirty, damaged, etc. Anyway, I always check my change as my dad was semi-coin collector, so I grew up with the habit of being on the look out for possibly valuable coins. I think people in the know have done a good job of keeping silver coins out of circulation, as I've never found anything other than wheat pennies. I think it's kind of funny how the first time I find one, it wasn't my change.
    "When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee~

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    It is so cold today. It says that it feels 8? F.

Thank the heavens for good heating/insulation.
    "When I know that I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I know that I am everything, that is love. Between the two my life moves." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    It's supposed to snow tomorrow. Wonder if my ex-housemate will finally decide it's cold enough to shut the windows in order to "prevent condensation", let alone turn the damn heating on.

I mean, he doesn't seem to care about burst water pipes. I'm waiting for that one to happen.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I only changed the insulating on the outdoor pipes last week. Get in there early before the real cold weather kicks in.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Some friends are just amazing. Had one who got a new 60 inch TV for her house. Gave me her old 48 inch TV. Size of this fecken thing. Even better when it is free.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I've been thinking about the internet and it's impact on the way people socialize/how that's most likeley a bad thing in the long term. I think the internet is great for entertainment and information, but the social aspect does more harm than good imo. Especially for people that need some form of communication (e.g., socially anxious, loners, etc). It gives people just enough satisfaction to not seek out real world relationships, work on real world social skills, etc. Also, the whole idea of anonymity online gives people these fake online personas, that don't really translate that well to real life. It's too much comfort for people that need to be pushing themselves. And there is also the comfort that there are other people in the same/similar situation(s), which makes people feel less alone, further hindering themselves from making real life progress. It also becomes too clique-ish and sheep-ish after a while (people just doing what they see (e.g. meme culture). There are literally people that spend a good chunk of their time drawing/ thinking of memes just so they can get that little bit of attention and be seen as funny, clever or whatever by some random people across the globe. The internet is social lala-land. Sure, it can be fun sometimes, but this [BEEP] is going too far imo. Lol. There are probably people out there that think and speak in memes.

People also are starting to view themselves as mini-celebrities. Everything is about them. Look what I did; here is my view; blah blah blah. Me, me, me. It's really weird when you think about it. Most of the stuff done online would be seen as absolutely bizarre if done in real life. Idk, I feel like I could say more, but I think that's the basic idea.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Doseone View Post
    I've been thinking about the internet and it's impact on the way people socialize/how that's most likeley a bad thing in the long term. I think the internet is great for entertainment and information, but the social aspect does more harm than good imo. Especially for people that need some form of communication (e.g., socially anxious, loners, etc). It gives people just enough satisfaction to not seek out real world relationships, work on real world social skills, etc. Also, the whole idea of anonymity online gives people these fake online personas, that don't really translate that well to real life. It's too much comfort for people that need to be pushing themselves. And there is also the comfort that there are other people in the same/similar situation(s), which makes people feel less alone, further hindering themselves from making real life progress. It also becomes too clique-ish and sheep-ish after a while (people just doing what they see (e.g. meme culture). There are literally people that spend a good chunk of their time drawing/ thinking of memes just so they can get that little bit of attention and be seen as funny, clever or whatever by some random people across the globe. The internet is social lala-land. Sure, it can be fun sometimes, but this [BEEP] is going too far imo. Lol. There are probably people out there that think and speak in memes.

People also are starting to view themselves as mini-celebrities. Everything is about them. Look what I did; here is my view; blah blah blah. Me, me, me. It's really weird when you think about it. Most of the stuff done online would be seen as absolutely bizarre if done in real life. Idk, I feel like I could say more, but I think that's the basic idea.
    So glad I don't have a social media account like Facebook or Instagram, the non stop bragging from people was driving me crazy.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I go onto FB maybe twice a day. I can't say I ever brag. Nothing worth bragging about. The posts I hate the most are the cryptic posts. ' That is that '. Just to get people to ask them what is wrong. Then they reply ' Nothing '. Why even post anything at all if the post means nothing at all? Then 'pass this onto ten people or you will have bad luck for a year '. Give us a break. These people with thousands of friends. Nobody really has that many friends. Those I have on FB I do know. That number stays around the 70 mark. If I hear nothing at all from some of them for a good while I remove them. Chances are they won't even notice.

I think all the bad stuff happens more on Whatsapp and Snapchat. Were total random strangers can send messages. That is one place were pictures get passed around. Videos too. Never had either. Intagram is something I never had as well. Did watch a documentary on it. Talk about crazy. Stalkers. Death threats and all sorts of stuff. Made me see what I wasn't missing. People pulling off stunts just to get followers. Not for me. I do have Twitter. Follow a whole 4 pages on there. Somehow have 2 people following me. I have no idea why as I never post on there. I use it to view any delays in trains and power cuts and the likes. As they always give up-dates on what is going on. So it can be used for something good. Never cared to follow famous people. Never cared for what they had to say.

For some people life is the net. It is all they know. Kind of sad in a way.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I got Facebook when I was seventeen. I have now set nine up so that the majority of stuff I see on there is jokes and cat videos.

The Messenger function it comes with is quite good, and given that pretty much everyone I know uses it to communicate, I'm stuck using it as well. I know others prefer WhatsApp, never really used it though.

I used to have a Twitter. Supposedly it's got for networking in my line of works but I got rid of it. I know social media is bad for my mental health. @Cuchculan , I had even less followers that you, and I posted nothing on there (my single follower was a page called We Want Urinals! , Which seemed to post images of things that were not urinals, but that people were supposed to use as one. Not sure what that was about at all.)

I have a LinkedIn if that counts? I keep it updated because even though I'm sure it's practically useless and all that ever happens is that recruiters who can't bloody read decide to start sending me a mass of emails offering me an "Excellent opportunity!" - for a job I am definatley unemployed for. On one occasion, I got offered a job by one in the company I currently work for.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I will admit that I once did offend a lot of people on FB when I wrote up ' RIP the dinosaurs. I can't believe its been sixty million years already '. How to explain FB to an Alien? There are those who have a sense of humour and those who take offense at almost anything. We see people remembering loved ones who have passed away. I have nothing against that at all. Have a few friends I like to remember. But that does not mean I will stop been me and stop posting my sarcastic posts up. I once cracked a joke and had a girl tell me her mother had the condition the joke was about. So I went for another joke. She told me son had that condition. So I asked her nicely to make me a list of conditions her family has so I will know in advance, or simply unfriend me. In other words ' it is only a joke '. Jokes have to be about things. Somebody is always going to be offended. Which I did once in another joke. If you haven't been offended by any of my jokes so far, don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you '. In other words it will happen at some stage. Cause all I do is post jokes. The odd funny video too. There are some things I think it should not be used for. Have seen people argue on it. Calling each other names. I remove them from my friend's list. Plus this thing of trial by social media. The video of the woman claiming the boyfriend done this or that to her. I am not interested. I don't care. If anything happened ' go to the police, no FB '. Quicker to ruin a person's life by going to social media. I get all that. Just couldn't be arsed with the public drama.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    My old hometowns Facebook page is one of my favourite things. it's called Hometown : What's matters to you. Personally I'd rename it "Hometown : what shall we whine about today."

So far I have discovered that this small, quiet town is the drugs capital of Europe and "extremely rough" due to the fact that the students from the university "smoke weed", we have constant [BEEP] fests about parking, dog poo, dogs being off the lead, and the people who live in the new housing estate.

My favourite, however, has got to be the time they bitched about otter's, and the Eurasian Otters were ruining the local wildlife - that being the Japanese Koi in the backyard pond. The ironic of this seemed entirely lost on the entire town.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    I go onto FB maybe twice a day. I can't say I ever brag. Nothing worth bragging about. The posts I hate the most are the cryptic posts. ' That is that '. Just to get people to ask them what is wrong. Then they reply ' Nothing '. Why even post anything at all if the post means nothing at all? Then 'pass this onto ten people or you will have bad luck for a year '. Give us a break. These people with thousands of friends. Nobody really has that many friends. Those I have on FB I do know. That number stays around the 70 mark. If I hear nothing at all from some of them for a good while I remove them. Chances are they won't even notice.

I think all the bad stuff happens more on Whatsapp and Snapchat. Were total random strangers can send messages. That is one place were pictures get passed around. Videos too. Never had either. Intagram is something I never had as well. Did watch a documentary on it. Talk about crazy. Stalkers. Death threats and all sorts of stuff. Made me see what I wasn't missing. People pulling off stunts just to get followers. Not for me. I do have Twitter. Follow a whole 4 pages on there. Somehow have 2 people following me. I have no idea why as I never post on there. I use it to view any delays in trains and power cuts and the likes. As they always give up-dates on what is going on. So it can be used for something good. Never cared to follow famous people. Never cared for what they had to say.

For some people life is the net. It is all they know. Kind of sad in a way.
    Most of the bragging I witness was mainly from 2008-2011 then I made two more accounts and decided to have less friends, it was good until I got weird inbox messages from people since I disabled the add friends button on my account ( I wish I could disabled the other button). Then facebook told me someone tried to hack my account so I'm done.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    I used to follow ' God ' on Twitter. I do know that Twitter made him change his name. Loads of religious people were to blame. He used to be very funny. I guess he offended some people with the name he used. I simply prefer the more amusing aspects of these places. If a person has the balls to use the name God, I will gladly follow him. Never posted any religious posts. Just have his say, in a funny way, on things happening in the World.

Feck the moaning people on social media. I ignore our local page. I ignore the old school I used to go to. No interest in them at all. Radio station pages I do follow on FB to keep up with the news. And have my view on it if when they make a topic out of it. They have nightly topics. Again my posts will be more funny than serious. Life is too short to go around been serious all the time.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.