Page 200 of 374 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 210 250 300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 5601
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Why is anyone surprised that the CIA is capable of using malicious software (and is using malware) for the purpose of spying?

You'd be exceptionally naive to think that big government didn't have that capability and wasn't willing to use it after the Snowden scandal. Or the FinFisher leaks.

What, you thought they'd stop and go, sorry guys, spying is bad, my bad. Oh please.

I'm interested to know if Germany knew about that command and control centre supposedly disguised as the US Consulate though. And how they react to that.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Lunaire's Avatar Consumer of Coffee
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Why is anyone surprised that the CIA is capable of using malicious software (and is using malware) for the purpose of spying?

You'd be exceptionally naive to think that big government didn't have that capability and wasn't willing to use it after the Snowden scandal. Or the FinFisher leaks.

What, you thought they'd stop and go, sorry guys, spying is bad, my bad. Oh please.

I'm interested to know if Germany knew about that command and control centre supposedly disguised as the US Consulate though. And how they react to that.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    It's almost as if a government entity dedicated to deception and espionage is practicing deception and espionage!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Bored

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Saying that "the dog show industry epitomizes animal abuse and exploitation" is a completely ridiculous claim and I suggest a reality check for anyone who feels that way.
    Nobody loves their animals more than dog show handlers. We don't even consider dogs "pets" or claim to "own" them. They are family.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote HoldTheSea View Post
    Saying that "the dog show industry epitomizes animal abuse and exploitation" is a completely ridiculous claim and I suggest a reality check for anyone who feels that way.
    Nobody loves their animals more than dog show handlers. We don't even consider dogs "pets" or claim to "own" them. They are family.
    While although I wouldn't go that far in calling dog shows the "epitome of animal abuse" I also strongly disagree with both dog shows and dog breeding.

I dislike dog shows because they are using animals as a form of entertainment without their expressed consent.

I'm also against dog breeding because there are plenty of dogs in shelters who are being killed due to not having anyone to care for them and it contributes to overpopulation. Also because breeding sometimes intentionally causes genetic mutations which are harmful for the animal. This isn't to say that you do this, but it does happen within the industry.

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Lunaire View Post
    While although I wouldn't go that far in calling dog shows the "epitome of animal abuse" I also strongly disagree with both dog shows and dog breeding.

I dislike dog shows because they are using animals as a form of entertainment without their expressed consent.

I'm also against dog breeding because there are plenty of dogs in shelters who are being killed due to not having anyone to care for them and it contributes to overpopulation. Also because breeding sometimes intentionally causes genetic mutations which are harmful for the animal. This isn't to say that you do this, but it does happen within the industry.
    Have you ever actually met someone who shows dogs, and do you know what the purpose of dog shows is or how they originated?
    Also, although I breed dogs as a career, I fully support rescue and I own a rescued dog.
    I am against the breeding of "Specialty Shepherds" because they are, as you said, causing genetic mutations that are harming the breed. Most of my breeding dogs are European and I don't agree with how many American breeders treat German Shepherds.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    AmusedAmused
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote HoldTheSea View Post
    Have you ever actually met someone who shows dogs, and do you know what the purpose of dog shows is or how they originated?
    Also, although I breed dogs as a career, I fully support rescue and I own a rescued dog.
    I am against the breeding of "Specialty Shepherds" because they are, as you said, causing genetic mutations that are harming the breed. Most of my breeding dogs are European and I don't agree with how many American breeders treat German Shepherds.
    I'm sure that there are many breeders and handlers that treat their dogs well, and you may be one of them.

However, I can't agree with forcing animals through a show without having the ability to give consent.

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Lunaire View Post
    I'm sure that there are many breeders and handlers that treat their dogs well, and you may be one of them.

However, I can't agree with forcing animals through a show without having the ability to give consent.
    It's not "forcing," if my dogs showed any signs that they were disinterested or uncomfortable, I wouldn't show them. I have dogs that I don't show because they didn't seem to enjoy it. If my dogs were showing any signs of stress I would not participate in dog shows.
    When there are breeders or handlers who force a dog though a show when the dog is showing signs of stress or anxiety, that's when there's a problem and I don't agree with that either.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Hm should go to the store soon

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally got the fucking laundry done. Took a shower beforehand but ran out of underwear so had to do the laundry while going commando, LOL. I did 3 loads, 1 blanket and 2 loads of clothing. Started it at 2AM. Was expecting the laundry room to be empty but there was one person.

Finished off a huge bowl of Japanese curry just now. Think I overstuffed it. oooof......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I read somewhere that neutered and spayed dogs can't be shown in dog shows. Thought that was weird.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Ah nice and quiet

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Couldn't login to SAS. I swore the PW was the same as here.

Guess I'll post here then.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote foe View Post
    Couldn't login to SAS. I swore the PW was the same as here.

Guess I'll post here then.
    They changed everyone's passwords last June.

Jaded and cynical
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote lethargic nomad View Post
    I read somewhere that neutered and spayed dogs can't be shown in dog shows. Thought that was weird.
    That's true- dog shows originated as a way to determine which dogs would be good breeding stock, so it's tradition to show unaltered dogs.
    Neutered and spayed older dogs can be shown in the Veteran's class.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.