Page 207 of 376 FirstFirst ... 7 107 157 197 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 217 257 307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 5638
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Laaaag

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    ^I used to get lag spikes of about 50000+ on a regular basis. Pain. Used to just there watching the latency counter going up and up and up in horror. 300,000ms is the highest its ever gotten to, before the game kicked me and dumped me back to the server selection screen. Cause of it was someone in the house deciding to torrent. I fixed it by blocking the torrent ports. Thankfully, that has sorted it for now. Got bad enough though that it was unplayable, and I had to tether to my phone to game.

(If you have no idea what I'm on about and was talking about something else...sorry. I just assumed with lag you were on about rubbish internet.)
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I want a girlfriend who accepts my friendless and lonely lifestyle.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Achoo

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I need to wash my car. I'm going to wait. Because it's gonna rain tomorrow morning. Then I'll wash my car. Then, Wednesday....it will rain.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Darn u allergy season

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Dear United,

The Village Idiot could have told you that dragging someone oft a plane would have be a massive PR disaster, and I seriously struggle to believe that dragging someone like that is legal.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote sunrise View Post
    It's a shady practice to overbook a flight as standard practice. I always wondered about that as I thought most tickets people purchase were nonrefundable. If I missed a flight that empty seat would've still been paid for. I read they actually don't have a limit on the $ incentive to entice passengers to give up their seat. I'm sure if they kept raising the offer, people would've volunteered. That doctor, btw, turns out has a pretty shady history, but it doesn't excuse the airline.
    Yeah, its standard practice. Apparenty some people buy a ticket and then don't turn up. Some of the airlines I fly with do it too, but they've gotta shove you on the next flight to wherever you booked too when they do that.

The airline ultimately has every right to deny him flight, mind. They told him to get off, he should have got off. What they shouldn't have done is pull a man through the aisles to the point that he has blood of his face. If he refused to get off, they should have gotten the air police involved. Who are trained to get someone off who doesn't want to leave without causing a massive screwup. There was no need to to beat and drag a passenger off of a plane.

No, what they should have done was made the offer + denial of travel at the gate. Not when everyone was boarded on the flight. Doing that would have avoided this whole thing.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^^ I see a lawsuit coming, a big one. I hope that doctor sues the pants off of them. That's just beyond ridiculous. If something like that had happened to a family member or friend of mine, I'd be beyond angry, and I'd be encouraging them to sue.

It seems like the airline industry reacted to the out of control passenger abuse (inebriated passengers, screaming at flight attendants, rudeness) that was going on some years ago by over reacting....and thinking they can now get away with everything. I think United is really going to end up regretting this. I fly occasionally for my job, and I most def will not, not, not be using United from here on out.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    United have made it worse by defending the actions of what happened. One of two things is going to happen now, I think. Either:

a) United will realize it's screwed, and offer to settle out of court with the guy. The guy will accept.
    b) The guy will sue, and I doubt that there's a court that will take one look at the images and decide that it wasn't a bit excessive.

Passengers can at times, be complete and utter arseholes, but theirs no need for use of excessive force. (Looked into it and turned out it was airport security that removed him. Evidently, they've had little or no training as to how to remove someone.)
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Need to do some cleaning

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Whoever invented gardening? They should be shot. The garden seems to be getting bigger every year. Both wheelie bins full of grass. New grass trimmer ordered too. Which will only mean even more work. Somebody save me.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    United have made it worse by defending the actions of what happened. One of two things is going to happen now, I think. Either:

a) United will realize it's screwed, and offer to settle out of court with the guy. The guy will accept.
    b) The guy will sue, and I doubt that there's a court that will take one look at the images and decide that it wasn't a bit excessive.

Passengers can at times, be complete and utter arseholes, but theirs no need for use of excessive force. (Looked into it and turned out it was airport security that removed him. Evidently, they've had little or no training as to how to remove someone.)
    The guy has a colourful background so I wonder if that could discourage him from suing. Either way it was disgusting how they handled the whole thing. They should have reverse auctioned the seats, that's the only fair thing to do.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Antidote View Post
    The guy has a colourful background so I wonder if that could discourage him from suing. Either way it was disgusting how they handled the whole thing. They should have reverse auctioned the seats, that's the only fair thing to do.
    They offered $1000 compensation + hotel stay until the flight the next morning, and nobody took it. That's the highest that United staff were allowed to offer apparently. Had they gone higher someone would have eventually deboarded, I think.

Apparently there's people who deliberately book onto flights that are likely to be overbooked. Apparently the bribe you can from some airlines for deboarding is quite lucrative. Lounge passes, free return flights, a hotel stay + meals and bar tab covered by the airline, upgrades when you do board, and the cash incentive.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Think he will get a lot higher in court. Now that it has gone so public. Add a few more Zeros onto that one. PR disaster for them that they will want to go away as quickly as possible.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.