Page 212 of 374 FirstFirst ... 12 112 162 202 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 222 262 312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 5603
    Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    @JamieWAgain I hope you feel better (((hugs))) to you
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thank you very much IG. I will do just that. I'll breathe properly and watch some more of my show. Thanks again.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Haven't heard from SAS in years, haven't even been on in years. My account isn't active and even has a user requested permanent ban on it.

And randomly out of the blue...I get emailed a newsletter for some reason.

How bizarre.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    For some odd reason, listening to songs from the Eurovision Song Contest is motivating me to work.

I only watched that for a laugh for gods sake. And I'm still unable to work out what Spain was thinking when they decided to enter that song. I'd listen to it, but I think I'd be in hysterics again.

Do it for your lover do it for you lover.

Lo lo lover lo lo lover.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tungsten needles suck on my phonograph.....meeeh thought it could be easy but noooo of course not.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Skippy View Post
    Tungsten needles suck on my phonograph.....meeeh thought it could be easy but noooo of course not.
    Tungsten - as in the element on the periodic table with a symbol W?

That's the first time I have ever heard of that element being used for anything.......phonograph needles? No wonder vinyl records get scratched!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    Tungsten - as in the element on the periodic table with a symbol W?

That's the first time I have ever heard of that element being used for anything.......phonograph needles? No wonder vinyl records get scratched!
    Yep that's the one.
    These ain't vinyl, but the fragile 78 rpm shellac records of waaay back. I have a 1923 wind up Victor phonograph, and they use steel needles, but these needles must only be used once, then replaced. I usually buy them in sets like about 100 for 5$ or so. The tungsten ones are neat because unlike steel needle, they wear at a consistent rate. (steel needles are worn down by abrasives in the record and if used again, can act like a chisel, cutting into and damaging the grooves) so they can be used around 50-100 plays.

Tungsten needles 1st came about in WW1 when there was limitations on uses of steel as tungsten wasn't affected and they are not commonly found today. I think mine were made by a hobbyist and maybe not as good...Matt and I were rather disappointed by them, but I guess they work in a fix. Some records they work ok on others, not so much.

Here's a pic of what my phonograph looks like:
    Attachment 4041
    and a video of me playin Wildwood Flower ( 1928 ) on it

It's a really awesome piece, mine having the Orthophonic upgrade, a reproducer designed for electric recordings when microphones, etc were introduced
    (the pre-1925 mica based accoustic reproducers are rather tinny in comparison)
    Also, you don't really get scratches much on these not hear such things because of the heavy tone arm/steel needle. these records designed for that kinda weight. soft vinyl records with thinner microgroves get ruined if played on these; eats the living [BEEP] outta em.... LOL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Beep

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    It vanished

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I really wonder what would happen if i just gave it all I had to strengthen myself via working out....surely it would make some diff?? I just feel too weak to bring myself to do anything, and I guess I just very doubtful id see any change for better

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Skippy View Post
    I really wonder what would happen if i just gave it all I had to strengthen myself via working out....surely it would make some diff?? I just feel too weak to bring myself to do anything, and I guess I just very doubtful id see any change for better
    Have you heard of CFS?
    Beating anxiety this year

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Skippy View Post
    Yep that's the one.
    These ain't vinyl, but the fragile 78 rpm shellac records of waaay back. I have a 1923 wind up Victor phonograph, and they use steel needles, but these needles must only be used once, then replaced. I usually buy them in sets like about 100 for 5$ or so. The tungsten ones are neat because unlike steel needle, they wear at a consistent rate. (steel needles are worn down by abrasives in the record and if used again, can act like a chisel, cutting into and damaging the grooves) so they can be used around 50-100 plays.

Tungsten needles 1st came about in WW1 when there was limitations on uses of steel as tungsten wasn't affected and they are not commonly found today. I think mine were made by a hobbyist and maybe not as good...Matt and I were rather disappointed by them, but I guess they work in a fix. Some records they work ok on others, not so much.

Here's a pic of what my phonograph looks like:
    Attachment 4041
    and a video of me playin Wildwood Flower ( 1928 ) on it

It's a really awesome piece, mine having the Orthophonic upgrade, a reproducer designed for electric recordings when microphones, etc were introduced
    (the pre-1925 mica based accoustic reproducers are rather tinny in comparison)
    Also, you don't really get scratches much on these not hear such things because of the heavy tone arm/steel needle. these records designed for that kinda weight. soft vinyl records with thinner microgroves get ruined if played on these; eats the living [BEEP] outta em.... LOL
    Phonographs are just hard to find period. I got a 5-in-1 CD/tape/radio and record player - I got a $250 product for $90. I got it for the record player knowing I have my mom's 1960s original records.

Neat stuff.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Ironman View Post
    Phonographs are just hard to find period. I got a 5-in-1 CD/tape/radio and record player - I got a $250 product for $90. I got it for the record player knowing I have my mom's 1960s original records.

Neat stuff.
    yah i got one of those types too.... i duuno if they play the old records as well but still prolly less wear of the 1940+ records thwn a victrola.... oh no indeeed muuuuuxh less wear. btw, did u know they have services to make records now? i wanna put some of my own songs on 45 n 78rpm teehee novelty factor!!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    yes thats what i been diagnosed with.....but to me its not enoigh.... i gotta know why im truly feeling this way

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Skippy View Post
    yah i got one of those types too.... i duuno if they play the old records as well but still prolly less wear of the 1940+ records thwn a victrola.... oh no indeeed muuuuuxh less wear. btw, did u know they have services to make records now? i wanna put some of my own songs on 45 n 78rpm teehee novelty factor!!
    That would be cool!

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.