Page 232 of 374 FirstFirst ... 32 132 182 222 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 242 282 332 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 5604
    Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    For the love of god, that was strange. I just went to a convenience store down the street to get a couple of things, just didn't feel like bothering with a grocery store.. This is imo a pretty nice, pretty decent part of town. There are tons of nice apartment complexes right around where I live and just a couple of miles north of here is a neighborhood with million dollar homes. I don't own one lol, but it's a decent enough part of town to where I don't feel worried about going out at any hour of the night. There are families here walking their dogs, and that just go out for walks with their kids when the weather's ok.

Anyways there was a couple sitting on the curb a little ways away from this store and they were in the middle of a huge, really ugly, nasty fight. Idk what they were doing there, they were just sitting there, for a while, fighting. She slapped him no less than ten times while I was sitting there in my car. Hard. I'm not even exaggerating, she was just beating the **** out of him. It was just kind of shocking to see. I made sure he didn't lay a hand on her, got my stuff and just left.
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Laws are weird here.

So I don't pay the ?178.00 whatever cost for a TV licence because I don't really ever watch tv. So legally I can't watch TV. Fine by me, it's mostly rubbish these days anyway. I have both prime and netflix so I just watch what I want on there. Or I'll just use catchup services, with the exception of iplayer which I can't watch without a TV licence.

But, by some strange bizarre loopbole:

- I can watch iplayer, so long as the device that I am using is not plugged in. That is perfectly legal apparently. But the second I plug it in, whether to charge it or whatever, I am breaking the law.
    - Also the punishment for getting caught without a license is worse than the punishment for pirating, for some reason. So if I go pirate an entire series of doctor who or whatever? At worst a few hundred in fines, but most likely just a politely worded, "you've been naughty" letter from the ISP and threat of lowering the Internet speed. Get caught without a license? I risk prison, or at the very least, a ?1000 fine.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote InvisibleGuy View Post
    For the love of god, that was strange. I just went to a convenience store down the street to get a couple of things, just didn't feel like bothering with a grocery store.. This is imo a pretty nice, pretty decent part of town. There are tons of nice apartment complexes right around where I live and just a couple of miles north of here is a neighborhood with million dollar homes. I don't own one lol, but it's a decent enough part of town to where I don't feel worried about going out at any hour of the night. There are families here walking their dogs, and that just go out for walks with their kids when the weather's ok.

Anyways there was a couple sitting on the curb a little ways away from this store and they were in the middle of a huge, really ugly, nasty fight. Idk what they were doing there, they were just sitting there, for a while, fighting. She slapped him no less than ten times while I was sitting there in my car. Hard. I'm not even exaggerating, she was just beating the **** out of him. It was just kind of shocking to see. I made sure he didn't lay a hand on her, got my stuff and just left.
    So you saw the woman beat the [BEEP] out of him. . . . and you sat by and did nothing . . . .

But if he tried to "lay a hand on her" and defend himself, you would have intervened?

Thats a pretty bad double standard IMO

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was totally expecting this kind of response, I'm not surprised at all.

Of course, of course it's not ok for her to put her hands on him, and the other way around as well.

My concern was NOT for him, it was for her. And I don't apologize to anyone for thinking that way. Not you, and not anyone else.

She was a tiny, tiny very petite woman, she probably weighed 100 pounds soaking wet. He was more like 250 pounds.

I never said it was ok for him to hit her, or for her to hit him, in fact, I said it was a very shocking thing for me to see. But my concern was that no one was going to get seriously injured. That's why I sat in my car for a few minutes. I let the convenience store clerk, who I'm very familiar with, know that there was an altercation outside. I said "I don't think they're going to cause trouble, other than being abusive towards each other".

He was yelling at her, probably being emotionally abusive, and so was she.

I was very concerned and if anyone had been hurt I would have called the cops. I sat in my car and made eye contact with her. She knows I was watching her, and I wanted her to know I was watching her.

But I can't be responsible for everyone on the planet...would you suggest I try to be a marriage counselor to everyone that I see, that I don't think has a perfectly healthy and happy relationship? Would you suggest that I take it upon myself to give relationship advice to everyone I see on the street?
    You're going to lose people in your life, and realize that no matter how much time you spent with them or how often you told them you loved them, it will never seem like it was enough.

Hug the ones you love.

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I really don't appreciate you insinuating that I have double standards, because I was concerned for a female who probably couldn't defend herself if she had to.

But your comment doesn't surprise me, CloudMaker. It doesn't surprise me at all lol.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Dur

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Monday, Monday, that long day that follows Sunday.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I hate packing.

I am currently surrounded by boxes.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Mondaee

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I've had a really awesome day today, so far. You know, if you're willing to get up at 3:00am to go out of town for a golf tournament, then you love golf. My dad went with me and a boss I occasionally work with, and there were a few other coworkers, and tons of clients and suppliers and customers that went. The course was just breathtakingly beautiful, at a golf course community in Lufkin, Texas. Beautiful course surrounded by million dollar homes, I mean, people with serious money. My golf swing is improving. The rules today included "par is your best friend", which means the max score you can receive on any hole is par. So we scored par on every hole lol. Everyone also played best shot wins to keep the foursomes moving along.

We all got vouchers to the pro shop, and I got a $220 GPS range-finder watch....it instantly gives you stats on more than 30,000 golf courses all over the world, the course layouts, distances to hazards, everything, and you can link it to your phone. Also got a nice pair of sunglasses and some Nike socks, golf balls, a new golf glove, just tons of stuff. Was pretty awesome.

I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty anxious this morning when we got there, at first. It was a little bit intimidating esp because I'm brand new at this whole golf thing and there were some reeeeeally good players there (and some that were just starting out, like me). I had a little anxiety, getting up to tee off with other people watching, but I got through. The guys in our foresome said I did well today.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Yak

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Too early

Banned
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ThoughtfulThoughtful
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blah, I have a huge staff meeting coming up next week. People from all over the country will be there, in person and on WebX. Goddamit I get anxious when the big shots come in like this...normally there are not this many VPs at these meetings. The good news is I (probably) won't have to contribute much. The other good news is one of my bosses and a few of the other guys have opted to just listen in, in one of the offices, and I'm all over that, ffs.

It never ends. I work for a retail brokerage firm and what I sell changes a little bit depending on the season, the weather and other factors, but it never ends. It's year round, the staff meetings never end, the performance reviews for our sales team never end. This game is a whooole lot of fun to play when you're winning. I hope we're winning. They'll release sales numbers during the meeting.

It's all, all about the bottom line. Idgaf what they teach you at university....there is a lot to be said about marketing strategies and understanding your customer of course. But it's all about the bottom line.

Hug the ones you love.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Continued packing. Found a twenty quid note.

Wondering how I mislaid twenty pounds.

I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Need to do some cleaning

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.