Page 271 of 376 FirstFirst ... 71 171 221 261 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 281 321 371 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 5628
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quote Nyctophilia View Post
    I had a crush on V in V for Vendetta because of the wig lol. No he's also quirky you know.
    But he also tortured the woman and then had the gall to say 'it's for your own good'. I hoped she'd break his legs for that. That's probably the moment in V for Vendetta when I started frothing at the mouth, and not in a good way.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    @rabidfoxes

I haven't seen the film since I was a teenager, and started reading the comic at one point but didn't finish that. I can see why that part would bother people though.
    The impulse is pure
    Sometimes our circuits get shorted
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    And the balance distorted
    By internal incoherence

A tired mind become a shape-shifter
    Everybody need a mood lifter
    Everybody need reverse polarity

Everybody got mixed feelings
    About the function and the form
    Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So, I'd just like to make it clear that I have absolutley no intention of going to visit the coffin, but I would just like to marvel at something.

There is a queue.

This queue is currently 2 miles long, snaking all the way across London. If the queue gets to five miles, they will close it. This will probably cause a second unofficial queue to form in order to join the queue. They are warning that you will very likely be waiting overnight in the queue, with a potential wait time of 30 hours. There is no holding places for others. No camping overnight. If you need to leave the queue to go to the toliet, you need to get a wristband to reenter the queue. As the end of the queue is constantly being updated, there is a livestream of the end on YouTube. You can use what3words to find the exact coordinates of the end of the queue, as this is a constantly changing situation.

At the end of this queue there is a coffin with a flag on it. You walk past it. And then...you leave and go home. Nobody in there right mind would ever look at this queue and think "I would like to join the queue". Yet, that is what they are doing, travelling for miles, spending however much on rail tickets or flights, taking annual leave, just to join this queue.

It'd just be peak Britain if the thing that caused riots in this country was somebody queue-jumping, though it'd probably only be met with tutting.

Edit - So you get a wristband anyway, even if you hold it in for 30 hours? But you cannot leave the queue and go home or to a hotel and have to stay in the queue with only breaks of 30 minutes. Surely a better solution would be to have timeslots you can book?
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    ^ this has in general been completely insane. So many insane stories coming out. The most recent one I saw was amateur footballers who are going to be dealt with in 'the strongest possible terms' for playing football over this period. Protestors being arrested obviously. Centre parcs decided they'd chuck everyone out who was staying there, then changed their minds again because their management seems to have no idea what they're doing. I mostly go out of my way to completely ignore them all and do a surprisingly good job but they're making it really difficult right now.

The longest queue I stood in was for an open casting call for two roles in the newer Star Wars films. It was at Twickenham stadium and it was a really long queue just limited to the stadium that took me from about 6/7am to 3/4pm (don't remember exactly but about that.) It was an interesting experience but pretty insane (it was also winter and I wore the wrong shoes for some reason so ended up having to put my gloves on my feet.) I now struggle with standing in place for 2-3 hours waiting at a concert to start after getting in due to no support bands (for some reason it's OK when the concert actually starts it's just the standing + waiting that becomes physically and mentally taxing.) This queue will probably have to move more quickly but it looks like it could hypothetically take days. They must have a very strong parasocial bond.

---

Break the Chain (Oh my god it's actually called 'The Chain' and that ruins my lame joke):

Break the Chain (minor key) lol no but yeah:

(just the atmosphere/vibes. I have listened to this upwards of 10 times in the past week though. I discovered it ages ago but really love it. Need to find some in the reverse at some point. Guess that's like when they do sitcom editing/music to serious or horror scenes)

I also realised the first one isn't lyrically that positive or anything it just has a funkier less dark sound because it came out in the 70s. I guess I'm still posting this. Going to start making playlists of songs with the same or almost the same name. I like how they invented post-punk at 3:05. No just a bass (almost) solo lol.

That song was actually released in 1977 so that was well into 'the depressing Western hangover that keeps getting worse after the 60s.' The 90s were possibly a little less depressing than the 80s. I wouldn't know I was born in '91 so a kid/unborn. All I've known post 2002 is chaos.

Listening to this again it's very good:

"There's an emptiness in my core. It's embarrassing."

Why don't people refer to happy and sad and/or creepy vibes as major/minor key? Or maybe they do and I missed it. Then you can have major key, minor key, high key, low key, Loki, house keys.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    ^ this has in general been completely insane. So many insane stories coming out. The most recent one I saw was amateur footballers who are going to be dealt with in 'the strongest possible terms' for playing football over this period. Protestors being arrested obviously. Centre parcs decided they'd chuck everyone out who was staying there, then changed their minds again because their management seems to have no idea what they're doing. I mostly go out of my way to completely ignore them all and do a surprisingly good job but they're making it really difficult right now.

The longest queue I stood in was for an open casting call for two roles in the newer Star Wars films. It was at Twickenham stadium and it was a really long queue just limited to the stadium that took me from about 6/7am to 3/4pm (don't remember exactly but about that.) It was an interesting experience but pretty insane (it was also winter and I wore the wrong shoes for some reason so ended up having to put my gloves on my feet.) I now struggle with standing in place for 2-3 hours waiting at a concert to start after getting in due to no support bands (for some reason it's OK when the concert actually starts it's just the standing + waiting that becomes physically and mentally taxing.) This queue will probably have to move more quickly but it looks like it could hypothetically take days. They must have a very strong parasocial bond.
    What amazes me about the Centre Parcs fiasco, is how that went through managament, PR - and still went ahead. How did they think that would be recieved? First you need to leave your cabin. And then you can remain at Centre Parcs but you will be locked in your cabin?

Some people I think, who need to get realistic on this. Life still goes on. Going after Martin Lewis when he is giving people advice on the energy situation, saying it is disrespectful and can wait. It really can't in some cases, I am sure that the Queen would not people to freeze.

The Queue is now at capacity and it is closed, you can no longer join the queue. People in the queue are upset that there is a separate, VIP queue for MPs and there guests. Russian TV is apparently very upset that Putin did not receive a funeral invite.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    What amazes me about the Centre Parcs fiasco, is how that went through managament, PR - and still went ahead. How did they think that would be recieved? First you need to leave your cabin. And then you can remain at Centre Parcs but you will be locked in your cabin?

Some people I think, who need to get realistic on this. Life still goes on. Going after Martin Lewis when he is giving people advice on the energy situation, saying it is disrespectful and can wait. It really can't in some cases, I am sure that the Queen would not people to freeze.

The Queue is now at capacity and it is closed, you can no longer join the queue. People in the queue are upset that there is a separate, VIP queue for MPs and there guests. Russian TV is apparently very upset that Putin did not receive a funeral invite.
    The centre parcs decision didn't seem to have a lot of thought put into it. Seemed pretty impulsive. And yeah I saw the reaction he was getting on twitter, he even apologised about talking about it before he did and people still attacked him for it. Imo he didn't need to apologise in the first place. It's a social media website people can talk about whatever they want... Especially if it's something important.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    The centre parcs decision didn't seem to have a lot of thought put into it. Seemed pretty impulsive. And yeah I saw the reaction he was getting on twitter, he even apologised about talking about it before he did and people still attacked him for it. Imo he didn't need to apologise in the first place. It's a social media website people can talk about whatever they want... Especially if it's something important.
    Yeah, impulsive, but had any thought been put into either announcement (We are kicking you out, then we are locking you in)...should have been predictable.

He was right to speak as he did. People needed the information to decide whether to cancel the very high fixes they had. Life goes on.

Anyway, Day 2 of the queue.

- The Queue shut for 6 hours because it got to long. A second, unofficial queue to join the queue did indeed form. The organisers weren't really sure what to do, so let this illegal queue form. Sadly, this did not happen in Kew Gardens.
    - Six people tried to smuggle dogs in.
    - Some celebrities decide they are going to join the actual queue. David Beckham being one of them, standing in line for 12 hours. Others decided to skip, causing outrage.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    lol what? I know Fatano's a big music reviewer on YouTube, but I didn't realise he's big enough to have casual feuds with insecure rappers. He made this video about it which is actually joking about Drake sending him a vegan cookie recipe, and then that caused Drake to post his actual dm's lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fcv-k8DW...name=4096x4096

https://youtu.be/Cjawmq3Wvc0?t=556

"We both have that scorpio energy" I'm dying. And it's funny you know because 'Yeah, say that you a lesbian, girl, me too' - Drake

Anyway Fantano is actually cancelled because of his review of MCR's new single (lol just joking, it's not their greatest work and I see his point but I thought it was pretty good - admittedly haven't listened to it much since about May):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SIet7zlL14

lol he really tried:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqwsOQJGGMo

Also didn't review King Ghost while reviewing The Future Bites =O Is it because the single came out a lot earlier? But what about the manipulated vocals that sound like Marianne Faithfull singing on this Patrick Wolf track? (I don't know it always reminds me.)

https://youtu.be/lQpHaXqGlCg?t=116

Also I don't think he's reviewed any Patrick Wolf albums or IAMX. Get busier Fantano. /s

Also he brought up Ari Lennox...

Her stage name was influenced by Mary Lennox, a character in the film adaptation of The Secret Garden.
    Not Annie Lennox? My mind immediately went there but at one point as a kid The Secret Garden was my favourite book lol and coincidentally I wrote a book review for it for school once and it inspired some other kid to read the book. But yeah I'm not really liking this music (what I've listened to anyway,) but I'm not a huge fan of R&B. This seems interesting. and this mostly because of the vaporwave elements though. Damn how has it been a decade.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

He does fit the 'attractive tumblr guy' aesthetic. Was this the plan all along lol?* Also funny that he was posting photos of himself and talking to himself before the site went public. I remember seeing a photo of him many years ago though and did think he was kind of cute in some photos. I assumed the more hardcore fangirls were shitposting though. I still can't help but cringe at people using the word daddy (in this context.) It feels like it just blew up one day and then everyone kept using it after that.

The fake quote is hilarious too.

The reason tumblr felt comfy is because it sits in an intermediate space between livejournal type blogging, and social media. It allowed a lot of personalisation that is completely absent on every other social media site now (which feel like shopping malls,) in that kind of old school way like you could create/add/edit your own themes and music players etc. Some of the cultures it created were annoying and sex negative but as much as people complained about discourse on that site it's far easier to avoid ime than on twitter and easier to curate your own thing. It's search function does suck though (and I think got worse over the years,) which is annoying. Also it was never great for writing long text posts. Around 2010-2011 or so I made a couple of blogs one for some uni thing and another just some random blog for writing stuff but I drifted away again pretty quickly, and then made another blog in 2013 which I didn't use much until about 2015-2017 or something mostly for images/photo/fandom/aesthetic stuff. Then after he sold it they banned nsfw content which was really dumb.

Honestly the best thing about that site for me was that one of the few posts I had that got more attention than most of my posts (Besides like reposts of interviews of Andrew Eldritch and IAMX gifs I made from various interviews/music videos,) was this post about Nabrok (corpse britches,) which was a folklore about Icelandic witchcraft where you would get permission from a living man to wear his skin after death from the waist down and then if you did this you were supposed to get an endless supply of money. And there's a replica of these in some Icelandic witchcraft museum. There was also this sigil associated with that.

So I forgot about that post and some time later (years possibly,) I noticed a bunch of notifications were coming from this one post, and a lot of people were posting 'wtf' and other horrified reactions which I found really funny. (Mildly psychopathic I guess.) And that's how I realised I like freaking people out. It's hard to do on purpose though. I managed to freak out a lot of people with some of my YouTube content but that wasn't really on purpose either just documenting/doing some weird experiments in games. I think the best comments I got were like people telling me they had nightmares/dreams based on some of my videos haha.

"he looks like a sim he is so pretty" is such a sentence
    Lol yeah.

*lol no the overall type (more or less,) has always been popular on artsy kind of websites. And in Greek mythology and in Japanese art/culture/literature. Even the part about being bisexual or having an ambiguous sexuality.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

So really this look is everywhere now? Conspiracy theorists will love this.

Is it just me... or the white alien looks like Ashtar...?
    Lol the point of all the characters went right over their head. Obviously lol. Nordic aliens as well. They're all based on ufology aliens. So they reinvented elves.. People are repetitive because there are only so many ideas floating around getting recycled. The comments on this trailer for the show are all like 'very clever. hiding the truth in plain site.' It's very easy to mess with people like this though if you're famous. Or maybe even that's not required.

Also can't believe they cancelled People of Earth. I mean it wasn't brilliant but it wasn't terrible and there are hardly any aliens on Earth TV shows and the concept was decent. Some of the cast went onto Resident Alien but still.

So anyway just discovered this musician after someone posted the above images (which are apparently from 3 days ago.)

Alejandra Ghersi Rodriguez (born 14 October 1989), known professionally as Arca, is a Venezuelan musician, singer, composer, rapper, record producer and DJ based in Barcelona, Spain. First becoming famous in Venezuela, she[a] initially began releasing music under the name of Nuuro and was praised by Los Amigos Invisibles.
    I created a fictional character with that name when I was about 14/15. Although unsurprisingly according to Google it's already a 'male name' and I didn't invent it. Imagine that. I used it on a female character lol. The character had like copper hair + eyes and the ability to manipulate metal. The name kind of felt sci-fi I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lwSsi1V0Wc

(the video for this track is interesting but age restricted on YT lol. Actually so is this video with just the cover for some weird reason? The lyrics aren't x-rated either.)

Hmm the vocals on this track remind me of... Oh what is their name... Xiu Xiu right. *searches for hi song* no that won't work too generic... Oh yeah the song with the violent music video I probably shouldn't post here yeah stupid in the dark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk1qjjU9jQc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIbM8jx8cGE

"The hippopotamus is beloved" lol.

Cinthya's Unisex is good too.

I love Xiu Xiu. Well I haven't listened to enough of their songs to say that, but they have some great tracks lol.

Her vocals vary on different tracks. She has a song called nonbinary which has a cool video. Her instagram says her preferred pronouns are she/it/they/them. I always struggle using 'it' because you have to clarify when writing about people online or the vast majority of people will think you are being purposefully rude when I think a lot of people are doing something transcendental. That being said it really fits the aesthetic of some of their videos.

Parts of this feel like a cut scene from Blade Runner (it's the synths):

(Oh wait no I can't link this live performance here lol. Cause of some parts of the performance.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtOn3UOcxqQ

(Not the Blade Runner ish thing I was talking about before I don't know what any of those tracks are called so can't look them up.)

Interesting. I like the part that sounds like a large metal structure in a dystopian wasteland with hellish purple skies or some kind of weird dragon creature screaming in the void of space combined with some background music from Hellraiser if you know what I mean.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Russia threatening to nuke my country into oblivion for the...oh, what number is it now, I've lost count.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Runescape chat on w84

(Pretty sure I turned this off at some point ages ago but either turned it back on and forgot later or something... Not really keeping track of whose saying what so this is just what you kind of see a mixture of people.)

some guy: *manosphere discourse and something about hypogamy and... Can't tell if he was trying to say hypergamy since that's always the more popular word to bring up. Honestly the idea that he just got the word wrong is kind of funny*
    someone else: 'this is why I hate men'
    other discussion: about simps/feminists whatever. Someone claiming they almost got jumped by LGBT people so learnt to 'shut up in class' so it's just easier to be a simp and agree.
    someone else: don't breed.
    Other people saying they're going to mute chat. One person calling them incels (which is now honestly an overused insult across the internet.) Some guy points out how if you jump to insult a guy by pointing out they can't get laid that's sexist.

Same server/area where a couple of years ago when I'd notice the chat it would mostly be about Trump, trans people, and occasionally vegans being discussed. Never really remember people having these kind of discussions in games before 2015.

This wasn't the clip I was looking for but I don't think I'm going to find it and this is pretty funny:

Someone was like 'yes we should go back to the time where you can buy a gf.' Perhaps. Don't ever remember chats in games being annoying back in the day.

It's my fault for playing an mmo for 14 year olds when I'm in my 30s, as though it's a singleplayer rpg (except when I have to do things on this one server.) 'Oh no the NPC's programming is broken.' It's clearly like in Skyrim when the guards won't shut up about sweet rolls and arrows in their knees.

Oh look YT suggestions. Speaking of 2000s internet and being distractible. I'm impressed he still has the 'spider hair':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U0Koq2FQ80

Is that the underground in London? (bases this on the texture of a seat but wasn't wrong.)

Oh wait that's 2018 he's gone white-blond more recently. Of course lol. :') Although the hair is still a throwback. Also actually kind of giving me ganguro vibes but more lowkey.

I do sometimes think about how much annoyances online now might stem from the fact that when I was a teenager most of the people whose posts/whatever I was reading and paying attention to were gen x people in their early 30s or older lmao (and this was during the halcyon era.) But there were some younger adults and teens on music forums who weren't dicks and like I say this game got worse. Who knows. Well we all know, but yeah.

(about that last link/video) I think Google is actually trying a different payment model on YouTube by pushing premium and encouraging obnoxious frequency of ads to encourage people to pay for premium - my friend was actually considering this recently as he can't get adblock to work well on his tablet. Not sure if they'll ever switch from an ad based model entirely though. Around 4-17% of my YT revenue comes from YouTube premium users. Not sure how that translates in terms of overall views/percentage of audience though.

I'm not sure how they'd figure out how to monetise search engines without ads by encouraging people to pay for it honestly. YouTube kind of works to some degree as it's a video site and while more amateurish it's in a category of entertainment that people pay for elsewhere. But paying for search engines is unprecedented. If it's a situation where people donate it could work. This can work like it does on Wikipedia. Alternatively microtransactions and similar obnoxious payment models have kind of ruined gaming (so there's no guarantee the payment model itself changing in this way, will change anything re: quality.) The quality of games is worse now outside of maybe the indie sector since they adopted a more predatory model. Though that may be a coincidence. Over time game companies tend to just deteriorate with size and economic success too and well this is more of a business thing perhaps like the MacLeod life cycle.

Lol the timestamp here. Just the way he says 'If you look at crappy, evil people earlier.' Anyway yeah I think Andy Warhol was too much of an artist so although he was reportedly traumatised by the incident, when Solanas shot him as a side effect of nihilism and paranoid schizophrenia, he just decided to make a film about her starring trans women. Dali also had this kind of detached way of looking at things at times, where he gained power over others by say emasculating them in his art (Hitler.) And I really do get this as a coping mechanism. True Crime has never been bigger than it is right now, and they're making another film about Dahmer which at least one family member of a victim has already criticised on twitter, but nobody who worked on it seems to care that they're retraumatising them and just posting about how realistic the portrayal of this woman screaming in court is to the original court footage...
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    The best book I read about trauma since '97 is Pete Walker's Complex PTSD: From Surviving To Thriving

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    One of my boss's habits that agitate me is rushing to do the easiest part of one of my responsibilities. It's like I do 90% of it, wait 1-2 days to finish the last part (there's an external step for processing before returning to me), and find that she has already jumped to it. I DON'T NEED HELP TO DO THE EASIEST THINGS.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    So the email I really want to send this morning, buy that I have had to tone down to a more diplomatic version of it.

Dear Management,

If you could inform me in advance that you have enrolled me on a training course that is apparently compulsory, that would we wonderful. Preferably several weeks before. This way, I can ensure that I remain free that week.

And if you could possibly do it when I have not booked holiday, which you can see by reading the holiday tracker, that would also be great. I put the request in a month ago, FYI. And you approved it.

And No. I am not cancelling my holiday to Portugal, I have been looking forward to that, the weather is much nicer there and I've already paid out on non-refundable flights and hotels. And you know full well that you would do the exact same thing with your own non-refundable holidays.

And No, there is absolutley no way in hell that I am going to take my laptop with me to Portugal and work from there because this is my holiday, I am not going to Portugal to be sat on my laptop on a training course in my hotel.

I work to live, not the other way round and a I really do not give a [BEEP] about the business beyond the fact that you pay me.

Oh and BTW? If you could get my californian collegaes to stop organising meetings at 4pm your time, that's literally midnight my time, thatd be great. Don't give me this crap about "we're a team", I enjoy my sleep. I don't organize meetings at 9am my time, 1am your time, but I am really starting to consider doing that in order to make a point.

Yours sincerely,

Otherside.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.