Page 272 of 375 FirstFirst ... 72 172 222 262 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 282 322 372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 5621
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Not gay as in Wizard of Oz but [BEEP] as in Return to Oz.
    Lol what why is this so on point. Tombstone material (OK maybe not lol.) I started thinking about/remembering that film randomly several months ago as well. It's one of those films where somehow it wasn't directed by Tim Burton and also isn't on an IMDB page for top 100 goth films somehow even though it's a dark fantasy and Nightmare Before Christmas and basically every Tim Burton film is. I never watched the original but that's far too dated for me. I think Logan's Run is pretty much the oldest film I've been able to watch and enjoy at all.

Kathleen Byron was hot though in 1947 when she invented crazy goth girls in cinema (I never watched the film though I just saw an image, but of course the film is about nuns):

https://64.media.tumblr.com/7c478108...fgw4o1_500.gif

I of course, being excellent at observation assumed she was a guy when I saw her as someone's avatar, and didn't notice she was wearing a dress either. I also recently saw an image that I assumed was an androgynous guy for some reason and then realised it was Poppy the singer. And I know Poppy lol but didn't even recognise it was her (she's pretty feminine looking too. Also lol) Her music is OK/vaguely interesting. I'll give it a 4-6/10 maybe depending on the track. She gets extra points for having heard of Jack off Jill and being one of the only artists I've heard cover one of their songs, and it wasn't a bad cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PQoSzZkYVI

But didn't differ too much from the original and I still vocally prefer the original because Jessicka's screams are great

The Poppy image I saw was a still from this video lol (I hadn't seen that particular music video before.) I don't really like this track that much but it's reminding me of something else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJlDyRbUtxI

I don't know why, but it kind of reminds me of Starcrawler in that there's some weird anachronistic jarring feeling I get from it. HaUnTolOgIcAl. Lol but anachronistic and jarring is a better descriptor because I think 'hauntological' is more a descriptor of exhaustive repetition, well at least I personally view the word that way. But Starcrawler sounds more like a proto-metal band like Black Sabbath or Occult rock. (I'm posting this live track because the music video is a bit more graphic.)

The sound of that Poppy track also reminds me of something else but can't quite think what right now. Oh right definitely Zheani:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkotW0pe55c

Zheani isn't perfect but probably pretty underrated (no wikipedia page etc.) I mean if Gucci Gang can blow up it doesn't make sense lol. Her work is mostly improving over time I think. She's Australian though and it's hard for them to get traction, I also don't think she probably likes most of the industry.

I like most of the songs I've heard by Starcrawler but I'm not a huge fan. Like this track a lot. I'm kind of old now and listen to music a lot, especially rock-adj, so it's hard to get 'wow this is so amazing, I'm hearing this sound for the first time' from many artists/music tracks. It's hard to innovate in rock, and I can see why most musicians have moved on from the genre in recent years.

This is a more recent track I guess, and has a more 90s sound. (Someone said it sounds like the 80s I guess there was stuff like that then, but the heavyness kind of bled into later alt rock and obvious grunge influence with this track.)

"Blending the sludgy, doom-laden riffs of Black Sabbath with the urgent pop-punk of The Runaways,"

Yeah that's an accurate description.
    The impulse is pure
    Sometimes our circuits get shorted
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    And the balance distorted
    By internal incoherence

A tired mind become a shape-shifter
    Everybody need a mood lifter
    Everybody need reverse polarity

Everybody got mixed feelings
    About the function and the form
    Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

That’s the opening monologue from American Psycho
    I'm not going to lie that response did crack me up. I just imagine them saying it very matter of factly too. Were they doing it on purpose though?

"There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me. Only an entity. Something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable, I simply am not there."

In other news about Patrick Bateman Peter Thiel has apparently created a dating site for right wing people. OK no turns out he just poured a lot of funding into it lol. but there was some advert for it with a woman talking about how she likes guys with 'alpha energy' lol. The only way to win is to never use the internet like Alan Moore. That's it basically. I'm not trying to win and I'm a millennial so it's a lost cause.

The Right Stuff, a dating app for conservatives, just launched. Reviewers say it’s difficult to join, overrun by men, and may have caused FBI agents to visit users’ homes.
    What a time to be alive.

The author of American Psycho on millennials:

There's no writing. They don't care about literature. None of them read books."
    No we just became all the characters from edgy 90s gay authors.

Also tbf the 1700s was this era:

The Public Universal Friend[a] (born Jemima Wilkinson; November 29, 1752 – July 1, 1819) was an American preacher born in Cumberland, Rhode Island, to Quaker parents. After suffering a severe illness in 1776, the Friend claimed to have died and been reanimated as a genderless evangelist named the Public Universal Friend, and afterward shunned both birth name and gendered pronouns. In androgynous clothes, the Friend preached throughout the northeastern United States, attracting many followers who became the Society of Universal Friends.[5]
    Ezra Miller thought they'd follow in their footsteps. Too soon. Wasn't very colourful:

The Friend's theology was broadly similar to that of most Quakers. The Friend stressed free will, opposed slavery, and supported sexual abstinence.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I think ranting about people with beards has become the new 'blue hair' for terfs, especially British terfs. Their worst nightmare.

It's funny too because I've never found them sexually attractive and a couple of years ago I had a bad (but very weird really,) dream which involved some sexually attractive goth guy who had grown a beard and cut his hair to appear more sexually attractive after he talked to some military guy in a park. Then I magically gained control of his appearance later in the dream I think? And somehow despite all of that insanity/personal complex surrounding masculinity terfs have once again outdone me with their constant 'beard = opinion invalid.' They always do though. It's a novelty really.

They're catastrophising (I don't think this was the word I was looking for, but it'll do I guess,) about some mundane comment Graham Norton made. 'Why are you OK with death/rape threats?' this argument style is really obnoxious and manipulative (and common among some race/gender/class groups more than others,) but I feel like you can't talk about it without coming across as a sexist MRA.

This (the beard thing,) isn't unique to her btw I'd been seeing this a lot over the past year or so online:

Very much enjoying the recent spate of bearded men stepping confidently onto their soapboxes to define what a woman is and throw their support behind rape and death threats to those who dare disagree. You may mock, but takes real bravery to come out as an Old Testament prophet.
    Joanne plz.

I think for me what really hits me is the nonsense is sandwiched on her profile in between serious tweets about women being raped and killed in Iran by Islamists. No one should be forced to talk online about serious issues I certainly don't, but like how is the contrast not hitting her at all.

She clarified further:

I like beards. I just don't like them when they're attached to misogynists.
    Such weird criteria. If she agrees with what you're saying beards are fine, if she doesn't then it's worse if you have a beard. Haha.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    The best book I read about trauma since '97 is Pete Walker's Complex PTSD: From Surviving To Thriving

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    In the queue for the womens finallisma (winner of European football league vs winner of south american one), since its twenty minutes from here this time. Wait time over an hour, people ahead of me, 30,000. To get seats or to not get seats.

Mum has even said she nay consider supporting this year if I get through.

It is crazy that women's football is now somewhat popular, compared to a few years ago when it really wasn't so much. But, England did win the Euros.

Edit - I got a DNS can't be resolved for second, but it seems to have saved my place.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Thinking about this video I was suggested before by YouTube about this feminine guy in a relationship with a masculine woman (I didn't think she was that masculine actually but I feel like I have a really high bar for what gets considered that, and so does culture generally.) She wasn't as feminine as him anyway. The point of the video was them talking about the dynamic of their relationship and his femininity stands out a lot more than her masculinity.

So I thought that was pretty cute (I like this kind of dynamic generally,) but lots of comments were people who seemed convinced the relationship was doomed, fake, attention seeking and not going to last etc. They were all convinced the guy was gay because he described his sexuality as straight but said in high school he tried to date women, then later came out as gay because he felt that was easier but didn't really get on with guys, then discovered masculine women on tiktok and realised he was attracted to masculine women and ended up dating his partner in the video. His partner in the video had only dated women before him.

It really confuses some people though. Was just imagining this meme lol:

In order to explain this to someone who was adamant that the guy has to be gay because of his behaviour, another guy in the comments section resorted to comparing the guy to a femme lesbian. (I've seen someone else use similar logic before to explain feminine trans men dating feminine cis men. 'They're both feminine so it makes it a lesbian relationship')

Also a lot of the comments were just plain bigoted obviously. 'It's not natural' so fascinating because they're the opposite sex and even gender identity (also it's mostly just his body language/speech that's feminine, his presentation wasn't for the most part and when it was it was more androgynous tight clothing etc. Like at one point in the video he mentioned he'd never wear a dress and he has very short hair.) Despite what some people say people aren't just discriminated against based on primary sex features (or even personal choices like clothing/hair.) I saw the term '[BEEP] heterosexuality' before which attracts criticism but tbh fits here sort of. At least for the guy since he identifies as straight. (edit: I don't mean it fits as a sexuality label I mean in terms of the negative reaction they're dealing with mostly because of his femininity. One of the comments pointed out it would be harder for him to ever be feminine than it would for her to be masculine and that in general being masculine is hard. I think it's policed way more and has more rules so yes, and she wasn't super masc anyway, but this weird idea he had that anyone can be feminine was LOL. Because there are some people could never pull it off naturally at all. Like want a bet? That would be a great film plot actually. Definitely would watch 10/10.)

I know to you and others this may seem old-fashioned and out of date but men and women have unique roles, which abandoning leads society to abandon the idea of what is normal and true. I apologise if I come across harsh but defending basic things like this is frustrating
    This kind of (common) mentality people have when they're in a position of power historically is weird.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I posted this yesterday in the previous post but I'm moving this into a new post because it kind of should have been one before:

Oh yeah it's Halloween and stuff. I carved a pumpkin and failed completely at trying to make cupcakes out of some bits of the pumpkin. I only like posting about my special interests lol. Baking isn't one of them. Before today I hadn't done that since I was in school and it was part of the curriculum. I find it really hard to follow recipes unless they explain in detail like I'm 5 and videos are easier but I was following a text recipe. I haven't eaten one of the cupcakes yet but I'm pretty sure they didn't work out well lol. The frosting was too smooth too. Mostly it accentuated how physically weak I've become because whisking is effort. (The recipe actually assumed I would have a 'hand blender') and I couldn't find any almond extract locally either. Also it was an American recipe and I feel like there were issues in translation. I think I ended up with too much butter despite following the amount. The recipe was for 12 cupcakes but ended up making several more because there was so much mix. Accidentally used too much vanilla extract with the frosting too. Not exactly looking forward to eating one. :')

edit: so yeah the frosting is a bit weird. I guess the one I tried wasn't terrible but not great either. Kind of tasted like carrot cake. No pumpkin taste at all I don't think (not that I know what pumpkin tastes like actually.) But I expected that because I didn't have much and most people online seemed to think recipes involving pumpkin were really mild tasting especially if it's not a culinary pumpkin which it wasn't. I tried to get one for another recipe I wanted to try, but it's really hard here in the UK.

I'm listening to this again. Their previous work I heard was more like heavy synthwave but this has a really great goth vibe as well. Some people were comparing the album this track is from (Lustful Sacraments) to like goth bands mixed with Depeche Mode and while I see where they're coming from, I actually think parts of the album are really like Vangelis work on the Bladerunner soundtrack. Like Reaching Xanadu.

The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Everything Guillermo Del Toro works on is so amazing visually.

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/st...68305025028097

Funny that Rupert Grint said he started dreaming about the witch because I did have a nightmare once with a creature that I thought after waking up looked like something that would definitely have come from one of his films lol.

At one point he was hired to direct The Hobbit films but left later, and they were good visually but I still want to see his version.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Lol Jordan Peterson is now arguing that 'anonymous troll demons' (basically anon accounts online with edgy aesthetic usernames) are not even Human anymore and should be banned everywhere.

'I can identify these people quite accurately now. This will make a number of the people watching and listening uncomfortable because they'll be in the list of people who do this sort of thing. So the first thing is they have an anonymous name. The second thing is the anonymous name usually has something psychologically significant about it in a very negative direction so it's self denigrating or it's demonic or it's otherwise offensive and purposefully so.'

'They're isolated people narcissists and machiavellians.' - I must interject that most actual trolls are more sadistic than anything else - 'Alone in their bedroom they're not causing any trouble, but as soon as they multiply themselves millions of times using this incredible powerful computer technology they're not even Human anymore. ("oh my god somebody gave poor man's Emily Dickinson and HP Lovecraft the internet in 2022.") They're literally a demonic force. And I mean that in a technical sense right. You and I aren't exactly you and I in this conversation because we're amplified 100s of times, or 1000s of times, or 100,000s of times, and so we're not just Human we're androids operating in a virtual space and these online trolls* have this power, have that power, because they have access to an audience that they would never gather by their own merits.' ("They're not even publishing poetry or weird fiction, the underclass just has a voice I apparently have to listen to now. Ew.") Then he goes on talking about how people are saying stuff that would get them punched if they said it in real life which is kind of a repeated thing for him. He's always very frustrated by how he can't physically assault certain groups (anonymous online accounts, women.) He doesn't know how to communicate effectively it seems. Oh no I get it, but he's reached a point where he seems to bring this up in every other clip I see with him talking:

Man 'The goth subculture is demonic and corrupting society' has really evolved into the fully cyberpunk era and the rapid growth of online communication and technology has been a disaster for a lot of people of his age group. (Like living through several centuries I imagine.) I love it when I have an excuse to break out this Illidan clip though:

No not that but that also works:

Nobody ever stitches together 'and now you dare enter my realm with you are not prepared.'

OK well, I tried.

Also it's so blatantly false. Any anonymous account I've ever had has barely had a following - mostly by design - and that's true of most anonymous accounts it's very hard to get a following. You'll get more attention if you show your face/voice and Jordan Peterson has way more of a following then others.

How did we get here? With people who probably barely used the internet back in the day and can't handle cyberspace, trying to make the virtual into the material? Son. (I'm an old man now because it's the internet. broke: calling him dad woke: calling him son) You're welcome to leave your house yourself. Perhaps the real demon was inside you all along (I mean man is literally Jyggalag the Daedric - demonic- prince of order lmfao.) Imo he wants the power/voice this offers him but doesn't want the drawbacks or criticism that it attracts so he wants total control over the space. He would be nothing without the irl 'dyed haired crowd' who created him. Nobody was paying attention to him on a large scale before he was cast in the freakshow. I think he ran out of things to say that were Camille Paglian or interesting to a significant part of his audience around 2017/2018 so now that war and reactionary content is all that's left.

Also I just remembered the telegram account that was complaining about something like 'transsexual demons are hacking our site.' Or something lol.

*(Also to be a troll implies inauthenticity not due to anonymity, but due to not really caring about anything. Someone who has strong opinions and so attacks you aggressively for what you've said is not actually a troll. They may be mentally unstable though. It's hard to know who/what he's really talking about when he's being - probably purposefully - vague.)
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    There's some fireworks thing going on and there are rides and stuff (not sure what kind,) but the weather is really [BEEP] and I recently started my period so I don't think I can be bothered. Nothing ever happens here so I was curious but yeah cba today. I miss London. I've been avoiding it since the pandemic started. Also trains are stupidly expensive. I believe you can fly to some countries for less than it costs to get a train to some areas of the UK now.

Can I fly to London? No I don't think so, that would have been hilarious though. (I mean I wouldn't because it's not worth the environmental cost but what the [BEEP] though you know?) Someone recorded a video of themselves walking from my town to London and it's honestly not just for fun :')

Deftones song titles have been a perfect fit over the year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvknOXGPzCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UoXaSYIDjM

So I can't actually see any fireworks out my window. All I see is like flashing lights from somewhere and can hear the noises so basically all the worst parts.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    I actually feel conflicted on this one. He is what we wanted, but he won't find success here through no fault of his own. Out of love... I think he needs to leave. And maybe come back one day, but he can't sacrifice himself for us. The club didn't prioritize the right guy to sign.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Nyctophilia View Post
    There's some fireworks thing going on and there are rides and stuff (not sure what kind,) but the weather is really [BEEP] and I recently started my period so I don't think I can be bothered. Nothing ever happens here so I was curious but yeah cba today. I miss London. I've been avoiding it since the pandemic started. Also trains are stupidly expensive. I believe you can fly to some countries for less than it costs to get a train to some areas of the UK now.

Can I fly to London? No I don't think so, that would have been hilarious though. (I mean I wouldn't because it's not worth the environmental cost but what the [BEEP] though you know?) Someone recorded a video of themselves walking from my town to London and it's honestly not just for fun :')

Deftones song titles have been a perfect fit over the year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvknOXGPzCQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UoXaSYIDjM

So I can't actually see any fireworks out my window. All I see is like flashing lights from somewhere and can hear the noises so basically all the worst parts.
    Tell me about it.

So I fly frequently to Aberdeen where family is, because train costs are stupidly high (though I get people going ?20 from London go Edinburgh!...like, there's a whole other Scotland than bloody Edinburgh.) There's Air Passenger Duty if you fly domestically in UK, but even then.

I'd like to holiday more in the UK but train costs are just so prohibitive. Its ?55 usually to get Luton-Aberdeen and back, sometimes as low as ?10 if I go via Dublin (only downside to that is passport control in Dublin, and Ryanair won't allow drivers licenses to be used to board so I need the passport, even though you cam fly UK-Ireland and back on a drivers license.)

Return coats of flight to Lisbon in a few weeks time, ?30, requires enduring Ryanair.

Cost of an open return rail ticket to Plymouth tonight, cost work ?170.

Depending on where you are, could get a plane from local airport to Europe, hotel overnight and then to London than cheaper than a rail ticket.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Otherside View Post
    Tell me about it.

So I fly frequently to Aberdeen where family is, because train costs are stupidly high (though I get people going ?20 from London go Edinburgh!...like, there's a whole other Scotland than bloody Edinburgh.) There's Air Passenger Duty if you fly domestically in UK, but even then.

I'd like to holiday more in the UK but train costs are just so prohibitive. Its ?55 usually to get Luton-Aberdeen and back, sometimes as low as ?10 if I go via Dublin (only downside to that is passport control in Dublin, and Ryanair won't allow drivers licenses to be used to board so I need the passport, even though you cam fly UK-Ireland and back on a drivers license.)

Return coats of flight to Lisbon in a few weeks time, ?30, requires enduring Ryanair.

Cost of an open return rail ticket to Plymouth tonight, cost work ?170.

Depending on where you are, could get a plane from local airport to Europe, hotel overnight and then to London than cheaper than a rail ticket.
    Yeah it's insane. I used to have a rail card which reduced the price slightly but that expired a few years ago now. I have a friend who lives in Edinburgh and I haven't visited him up there and I'd prefer not to fly for that kind of journey but it cuts the cost in about half I think (if not more.)
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Nyctophilia View Post
    Yeah it's insane. I used to have a rail card which reduced the price slightly but that expired a few years ago now. I have a friend who lives in Edinburgh and I haven't visited him up there and I'd prefer not to fly for that kind of journey but it cuts the cost in about half I think (if not more.)
    Yeah, I have a railcard. But I rail-travel a lot. Though it doesn't work before 9:30 when I'm commuting. Even with the discount though, it's still costly for what it is.

You get lucky sometimes on train tickets, I did once manage to get a first class with Virgin from Glasgow for not much (+ all the free wine you get in 1st class), but it's a rarity I ever manage to do that. Would happily take the Caledonian Sleeper overnight, but that's stupidly expensive and it's more of a luxury thing now.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL

Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I haven't posted on a forum in a minute.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.