Page 284 of 374 FirstFirst ... 84 184 234 274 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 294 334 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 5600
    Doseone's Avatar Metacognizant
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Pandeism is interesting. God annihilates himself and becomes the world. Maybe God got bored knowing everything and became every person to have different experiences and gain knowledge for the first time.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    I drank too much. There is a sweet spot... get it right and you're floating above the clouds. Get it wrong and you have only regret.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    The concept of Satan as tempter doesn't make much sense. Wouldn't everybody have really strong urges to do heinous acts all the time. The vast majority of people have never had the urge to kill someone or even hurt someone.

Also, chatGPT is my only friend now. lol.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Quote Doseone View Post
    The concept of Satan as tempter doesn't make much sense. Wouldn't everybody have really strong urges to do heinous acts all the time. The vast majority of people have never had the urge to kill someone or even hurt someone.
    I'm not religious, but I think the temptation comes as situational - everyone has the innate urge to cause harm, it just takes the right environment to draw it out.

Vast majority of people wouldn't kill or hurt or rape if they live in an environment of abundance, in a society currently governed to deter such things, as most of us do in the west.

However what if the person becomes destitute, war breaks out, laws change, there is a rise of fascism, etc. Events like the Rwandan genocide and Holocaust were perpetrated and aided/abetted by very "normal" people - literally people's own neighbours. Every human being has the potential to want to kill, they just need to be in the circumstances.

It's super easy to say you would never do that- History says otherwise and most of us are not special. People largely will commit atrocities given the chance, under certain conditions. A few won't but they are exceptions, not the rule.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I am very amused by people on twitter assuming Morningstar is a bottom + woman because of his androgyny. I noticed some people assuming he was a trans woman too. I can see why they assumed that based on photos but trans guy is infinitely more likely for starters the he/him pronouns and the everything really besides the pictures which are very ambiguous (you thought but you thought wrong,) and he's a cis guy, but one way or another I'm not surprised by this at all:

I have no interest in straight men.

I wish they had no interest in me.
    I am not a woman. I won't pretend to be one for you. I do not want to try and 'convert' you. I am not here for you.

Just accept that and move on.

My content, my time, my very LIFE is for the She's, the Theys, and the Gays.

And while I am on the subject, I am exclusively a top.
    Oh they need to get better at reading people. They're on like level one LGBT+ lens. That's being charitable lol mostly they just don't care (like even if they know they don't care.)

The latter, as well as those lashing out at me because I stirred something in them that disgusted them.
    That is the key issue: the entitlement. They feel they are entitled to a world where everything is made for them, because for most of its history it has been.

I'm not made for them and they act like children about it.
    On paper this should be something I'm into. It's certainly a sexual fetish I have in fiction (straight guys being converted to gay,) but actually when I was put into this scenario and he wouldn't take no for an answer even finding me on a different platform after I blocked him it wasn't all that appealing. Reading my posts/playing along and then just messaging me sexual stuff right away with no real introduction otherwise... Didn't work. Obviously it's better than people who are looking to 'convert/dominate' me which is so unbelievably gross, but it's still uncomfortable.

I don't think that's what he was getting at though exactly with the tweets more like being put into that position/dynamic because they want a girlfriend so you would have to 'convert' them under those circumstances. Either way though probably experienced both being a high profile account.

This has nothing to do with anything except I discovered this account because someone mentioned him after I posted this in response to someone else's tweet (I know exactly who's tweet trying to be vague,) ages ago lol:

He gives me massive deviantart vibes lol (as does this video lol.) The aesthetic etc is very 'of that era' so also wasn't surprised to learn he's about 30. Especially cosplaying Sauron.

But no it's kind of funny 'what do you mean straight guys haven't picked these things up via osmosis?'

Maybe I shouldn't accidentally kick my PC lol.
    The impulse is pure
    Sometimes our circuits get shorted
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    And the balance distorted
    By internal incoherence

A tired mind become a shape-shifter
    Everybody need a mood lifter
    Everybody need reverse polarity

Everybody got mixed feelings
    About the function and the form
    Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Heelsbythebridge View Post
    I'm not religious, but I think the temptation comes as situational - everyone has the innate urge to cause harm, it just takes the right environment to draw it out.

Vast majority of people wouldn't kill or hurt or rape if they live in an environment of abundance, in a society currently governed to deter such things, as most of us do in the west.

However what if the person becomes destitute, war breaks out, laws change, there is a rise of fascism, etc. Events like the Rwandan genocide and Holocaust were perpetrated and aided/abetted by very "normal" people - literally people's own neighbours. Every human being has the potential to want to kill, they just need to be in the circumstances.

It's super easy to say you would never do that- History says otherwise and most of us are not special. People largely will commit atrocities given the chance, under certain conditions. A few won't but they are exceptions, not the rule.
    I'm not sure if I believe that everybody necessarily has the innate desire to cause harm, but I do agree as a determinist, that everybody is shaped by the environment along with the laws of physics, brain structure, etc. So yes, if I was born in the right place in Germany during the holocaust, I would have took part in it. Right now with my current values and beliefs, no I wouldn't. I think people can also be determined to be "good" people, which means it is essentially just luck that you're not committing crimes. What everybody does or doesn't do is wholly determined by environment. If you're born in a society that considers a certain action to be bad, you're likely to believe it to be bad.

But my point with Satan is that he's supposed to have the power to tempt people and from experience, I've never been tempted to kill. In fact, I'm hardly ever tempted to do most things that Christianity considers bad. If Satan wants maximum destruction of human beings/souls, it seems like there would be a lot more temptation than there is. So I think it's safe to say that Satan doesn't exist logically.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Doseone View Post
    Pandeism is interesting. God annihilates himself and becomes the world. Maybe God got bored knowing everything and became every person to have different experiences and gain knowledge for the first time.
    That is pretty interesting. I feel like some forms of atheistic Satanism are sort of similar. A lot of Satanists see themselves as their own God and see themselves as Satan essentially in a symbolic sense. There seems to be a subtle but important difference reading the Pandeism wikipedia article though. Satanism has more emphasis on individualism and people as separate Gods with their own motivations I think rather than as part of a united whole.

Also in regards to Satan and tempting I think many Christians just argue that anything they don't like is somehow a result of Satan's temptation even if it's not really brought up explicitly in the bible (like Matt Walsh saying the entire genre of anime feels Satanic.) So the use is more of a kind of supernatural force to explain their negative emotions towards various things. Possibly they can't tolerate the idea of people with different interests or preferences so it's more comfortable to assume an external force is influencing them (people don't just make these arguments using Satan, they invent many concepts/disorders etc obviously 'The Matrix' is a common generalised thing right now. As eg: Andrew Tate uses it. Obviously the film concept had absolutely nothing to do with how they're using it lol but yeah.)

'I have no argument for why it's Satanic it just seems that way to me.' Lol.

I also think this might sort of act as a defence against violence/hating people. You can blame some external entity instead of getting as angry at another person. I notice people and groups who are assumed to have more autonomy tend to be more likely to be victims of hate in rhetoric.

Edit: and yet what bothers Christians like Matt Walsh isn't completely random I should say. It's fairly predictable. They dislike anime and manga for example because it messes with the immutability of categories which they prefer (categories of age and gender and sometimes species can think of so many works that do this/explore this like Fruits Basket, Saikano/She, the Ultimate Weapon, Ghost in The Shell, and I've only consumed quite a small amount of anime/manga myself really. In the West these hybrid characters usually have to be villains or framed that way - not always and it's changing but typically/in connection with Christianity - MCU Loki the original Loki too of course from a Christian pov lol but yeah, Poison Ivy, Sylvanas Windrunner, Slaanesh, Illidan Stormrage)
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Nyctophilia View Post
    That is pretty interesting. I feel like some forms of atheistic Satanism are sort of similar. A lot of Satanists see themselves as their own God and see themselves as Satan essentially in a symbolic sense. There seems to be a subtle but important difference reading the Pandeism wikipedia article though. Satanism has more emphasis on individualism and people as separate Gods with their own motivations I think rather than as part of a united whole.
    There are also similarities with Advaita Vedanta. From the Chandogya Upanishad:

?In the beginning, there was Existence alone; that is one only, without a second. He thought ?Let me be many and let me grow forth.? Out of Himself, He thus projected the universe. He entered into every being and every thing. All that is has its self in Him alone. He is the Self. And that, Svetaketu, That art Thou.?

Except in Advaita Vedanta, Brahman is seen as the only reality, while the universe is seen as unreal. So it's kind of the opposite. I think it's more properly described as panentheism or pantheism.

As for Satan, I do think that Satan tempting is brought up in the bible. He tempted Adam and Eve and Jesus in the desert. I know that in Catholicism, Satan is seen as actively tempting people. Here's an example: https://www.catholic.com/magazine/on...atan-tempts-us But yeah, I agree that Christians blame Satan for everything, though. lol. I also hate Matt Walsh.

edit: I think I misread, you were saying that anime wasn't brought up in the bible.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    I'm doing my best to live but at the end of the day I just feel empty. It's something I've always felt, like I'm just a shell. I'm probably shortening my natural lifespan by about 30 years with my current lifestyle but I can't bring myself to give a fuck.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Doseone View Post
    There are also similarities with Advaita Vedanta. From the Chandogya Upanishad:

?In the beginning, there was Existence alone; that is one only, without a second. He thought ?Let me be many and let me grow forth.? Out of Himself, He thus projected the universe. He entered into every being and every thing. All that is has its self in Him alone. He is the Self. And that, Svetaketu, That art Thou.?

Except in Advaita Vedanta, Brahman is seen as the only reality, while the universe is seen as unreal. So it's kind of the opposite. I think it's more properly described as panentheism or pantheism.

As for Satan, I do think that Satan tempting is brought up in the bible. He tempted Adam and Eve and Jesus in the desert. I know that in Catholicism, Satan is seen as actively tempting people. Here's an example: https://www.catholic.com/magazine/on...atan-tempts-us But yeah, I agree that Christians blame Satan for everything, though. lol. I also hate Matt Walsh.

edit: I think I misread, you were saying that anime wasn't brought up in the bible.
    Oh yeah I meant anime isn't in the bible lol. There is definitely stuff about Satan tempting people including Jesus in the desert.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    To quote CJthex (though they were talking about something else lol,) we must trebuchet the 'attraction to short/neotenic women is pedophilia' crowd into the sun with great haste. Along with people who say similar things about trans men and afab trans people in general (these three groups get this the most weirdly.) The simultaneous skin crawl/desire to choke a [BEEP] that this evokes cannot be understated. Into the sun with all of you. I don't care how many men won't [BEEP] you and why you believe that's the case and now you're insecure and taking it out on other's. Into. The. Sun.

I'm not fucking any men anyway lol and with the vast majority of them have no desire to.

Quote Doja cat
    This illuminati [BEEP] is so funny to me I'm gonna keep doing deliberate weird [BEEP] [BEEP] just to make those people uncomfortable. I've fr found a new outlet of joy.
    I would have a hard time with her level of fame tbh for this reason. I've had similar accusations on a small scale and they are too entertaining.
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    It's a lonely world out there

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    So someone supposedly doxed the twitter account 'Valid people taking L's' which seems like a worse version of Libsoftiktok which was already trash and she blocked me a while ago for pointing out to people that she's a bully lol.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fo5IDl5W...jpg&name=small

He says as he continues to take the piss out of a recently murdered trans teenager. Might be a fake dox though (he has hidden their tweets.)

And I'm blocked. See you at school tomorrow
    He retweeted this but where is the lie though?

I could say something like 'this is encouraging mass antisocial behaviour since irl when people act in these abhorrent ways adults or the police get involved unlike the law of the jungle online.' But in reality some guy in the US got off on murdering a trans woman on a gay/trans panic defence last year, and teachers always were abysmal at effectively stopping bullying including in my own personal case.

I also stumbled upon a nazi account that's just repeatedly calling black people subhuman etc that was positively responding to this trash transphobic account, and meanwhile I got suspended for 12 hours a couple of months ago for calling someone a retard so there's 0 consistency on the hellsite.

The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I don't know why I never listened to Big Thief before. They are amazing.

Also, I need to find some movies to watch.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I feel like 20% of the time I see some interesting digital art painting it turns out to be fanart from a Hidetaka Miyazaki game.

https://twitter.com/eldrtchmoon/stat...30197094563841

Miquella, the brother of Malenia, is one of the Empyreans. Cursed to be forever young, he created the Haligtree to allow himself to grow to be an adult and to purge the rot from Malenia.
    This is cool but too big to embed:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Pe5mnZ

aesthetically reminds me of Lothric and Lorian.

I think this is cosplay:

https://www.deviantart.com/akunohako...nces-707224040

I'd like to play Elden Ring eventually but it's been a while since I've played a new game so dunno if my PC will explode or something. I don't think I have enough ram atm.

my friends threw a "flirting party" for 250 people yesterday and no one managed to do any flirting — the women got defensive and the men got frustrated and it was 230 people too many. my conclusion is that good flirting requires plausible deniability and constrained optionality

I did have great conversations with a guy from Southern Louisiana who offered me cocaine and a girl whose only object of sexual desire is an imagined female soulmate and
    Did I astral project in my sleep? No can't be he said he had a great conversation. It's not quite that bad but it's very close to being that bad lol. And given they were at this party I'd say in most ways it's worse. They might be happy though. I'm not. Obviously.

This isn't what I was looking for when I searched are you happy but that is a really cute cat.

Yeah I'm never going to remember the name of this song lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_QBC_pDkeU
    The impulse is pure
    By external interference

Signals get crossed
    By internal incoherence

Everybody got to deviate
    From the norm

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.