Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

This is not a suck up thread

I merely wanted to thank the admins, owners and mods here.

They not only work hard to make this place fun and friendly, but miraculously, it is peaceful around here. I don't know whether it is their humble demeanor, or their true spirit of wanting to help.

And I appreciate all the members who continue to work hard at understanding and communicating with others. It's been really a great place due to everybody.

Whatever it is, I wanted to thank the powers here for doing a great job. I appreciate their hard work and dedication.

And yes, this looks very much like a "suck-up." But seriously, in life, how often does the boss get compliments from the workers? Not very often. I just think that when a boss or leader does a great job, they should also be encouraged.

The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    And to prove how humble they are..................I get emails that they appreciate it, then they delete them.

I know you guys aren't used to the spotlight and this thread is probably embarrassing. But this is something I had to learn in life.

When somebody compliments you, say thank you, and allow the compliment to go in.

Part of SA is not believing we are good enough. We also believe that we don't deserve compliments or don't trust them. That's why the "say something positive about the person above you" and "say something positive about yourself" threads are such great health tools. It gets us used to giving compliments, hearing compliments about ourselves, and looking at the positive things about us.

I know the mods and admins here were beaten to a pulp in a previous place. I imagine that would make them hesitant to acknowledge this thread. I mean if I were run over the coals, I'd be afraid to come out into the light also. The fact that no other member has posted a compliment for them here also, I'm sure isn't helping their insecurity about their appreciation. I guess I should add that it's ok for others to add compliments also if they feel it in their heart.

But the truth of the matter is this. They left the other place for a principle and that principle was to protect people and do what they thought was best for the community. Then they start up this forum and sign on as moderators because they are still dedicated to helping people with SA. They work countless hours building, adding, tweaking, asking for feedback, paying out of their own money and caring. That's why this place is so great.

I truly believe that people who care that much about me and you and hundreds of other people, need to have their efforts recognized.

So admins and mods and owners and webmasters, it's ok to take in these compliments. It really is. You don't have to delete your posts. This is something I think you guys can hold your head up and be proud about, ok?

In other words, the next mod or admin or owner or webmaster who deletes their thank you, gets 40 lashes with a wet noodle.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you kindly, Cindy.

First, this place wouldn't be what it is were it not for you and everyone else who have made AxS their home.

I am grateful to Kay (Ventura) & Phil (CG) for having laid the foundations. Without their hard work all this would just be a fantasy!

Props to Jerry (Joker) for helping make the board run so smoothly, and adding all the neat little technical thingies. I half expect to log on some day and have the board start talking to me because he will have added an artificial intelligence. I can picture it now, a robotic voice: "Hey Neptunus, where you been?" Me: hock: Just you wait, lol!!!

And my personal thanks to those who helped with the formatting and design: Adam (JL) and Cmed (for the kick-butt logo!) And everyone who gave feedback, and contributed in other ways.

Yes, this is a community indeed - and a community effort!

Thanks for this thread.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cindy

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I must agree - I love that all ideas get run by us and everything said gets taken notice to - thanks guys xx
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm glad you guys finally posted here. I guess it was the wet noodle threat. And I can so see Jerry doing exactly that. He's the best webmaster I've seen in awhile.

And I agree. This is a community effort, and it's been everyone posting and caring and adding to it's depth by being here often, that has made it a great place to visit. JcGrey alone has kept me informed of everything both scientific and amazing in the world with his posts. And it's fun to watch Daniel C and Ev0ker, battle it out for the most arcade games won . .......... (Daniel C. needs to win those games to keep his mind fresh for his Atlantis story in the crazy talk thread).

I think as a community, as my grandma would say, "we done did good."

Big hug to all of you.

(and I just noticed I put Phil rather than Jerry as the webmastering genius so I changed it). Sorry. Jerry, you're the technical genius and Phil, you're just a genius). Ok. Now THAT was a suck up! Just kidding.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote chantellabella View Post
    (Daniel C. needs to win those games to keep his mind fresh for his Atlantis story in the crazy talk thread).
    Atlantis story, eh? *Is naturally intrigued*

Btw, he just stole my Acno Energizer trophy!!!!

DanielC, if you're reading this, your victory will be short-lived!

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I just noticed I put Phil rather than Jerry as the webmastering genius in my above thread so I changed it. Sorry. When you're my age, the memory is the first thing to go. Ask several people here about how well I remember things that I know.............but don't remember.

Jerry, you're the technical web genius and Phil, you're just a genius. Ok. Now THAT was a suck up! Just kidding.

And Neptunus.............does Daniel C know that you're stalking him? :wink:

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Neptunus View Post
    Atlantis story, eh? *Is naturally intrigued*

Btw, he just stole my Acno Energizer trophy!!!!

DanielC, if you're reading this, your victory will be short-lived!
    So be it. I am not afraid of anyone, not even of the almighty Gods. I look forward to your attempts in all confidence.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Jerry, you're the technical web genius...
    And I can so see Jerry doing exactly that. He's the best webmaster I've seen in awhile.
    Quote Neptunus View Post
    Props to Jerry (Joker) for helping make the board run so smoothly, and adding all the neat little technical thingies.
    Awe, Thank you

Quote Neptunus View Post
    I half expect to log on some day and have the board start talking to me because he will have added an artificial intelligence. I can picture it now, a robotic voice: "Hey Neptunus, where you been?" Me: hock: Just you wait, lol!!!
    Quote Ventura View Post
    Lol! You might of gave him an idea
    How quickly you forget about Teddy, after learning, his AI would've allowed him to talk. Now, if you excuse me, Teddy needs a hug for being forgotten.

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I echo Cindy. Thank you everyone who make this place possible!
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.