Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Are you a night owl?

If so when did you first start developing night owl tendencies? For me it started around age 14. I'd go to sleep at 3 am during the holidays. And though I went to bed earlier during school it was still later than average and I was always tired and sleeping at the back of the classroom. As an adult without structure (job/study) it's a struggle to go to bed before 4 - 5 am (sometimes it shifts as far as 7 am). I sleep well. I just sleep late.

Night owls are more likely to:
    - have depression
    - have drug and alcohol addictions
    - have eating disorders
    - be more creative / intelligent compared to morning larks (!)

AussiePea's Avatar Straya
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I used to be, well not major but 1am was common. It wasn't great for my mood though particularly when I had work the next day so now I am almost the complete opposite, bed by 10:30pm and up at 6 each morning. Honestly I am SO MUCH happier with this schedule.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote AussiePea View Post
    I used to be, well not major but 1am was common. It wasn't great for my mood though particularly when I had work the next day so now I am almost the complete opposite, bed by 10:30pm and up at 6 each morning. Honestly I am SO MUCH happier with this schedule.
    Yeah I read people who go to bed earlier are more likely to perform well in school, and have a positive outlook. Probably because going to bed earlier means you get enough sleep to function.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh yea, I function much better at night. A mix of being more comfortable in the solitude of darkness, insomnia and talking to folks online in different timezones has made it something I've struggled to correct. I tend to feel very tired regardless of how much I sleep anyway so I guess it doesn't matter much.
    As Duke always says, "Come love with me… and maybe we can walk through fire together."

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not by choice. My anxiety keeps me up.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like being up better at night, I used to stay up late all the time, but I have to wake up at 5am for my job. It takes me a long time to fully wake up, I function far better as it gets later on in the day
    "I am the Wanderer
    I've seen many a shore
    But the road I long the most to go
    Is closed for evermore"

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I used to be a real night owl. Going to bed at 4 or 5 am wasn't uncommon, and I always slept late. As I've gotten older my sleeping hours have tended to be more in the "normal" range, although right now I'm in a night owl phase, I've gone to bed at 3 am a number of times in the last two weeks.

IllusionOfHappiness's Avatar killer of conversations
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I've been a night owl for...five years maybe? I find it so hard to go to bed at a normal time, no matter how early I have to get up. I'm sure it's terribly unhealthy, but I enjoy the night so much more than the day.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes I am.. A lot of times I go to bed around 4am or later. It always gets really lonely around 3am my time. I have tried to fix my sleep schedule for years but it only lasts for so long until I'm back to staying up late again! I give up. I've been like this for as long as I can remember hahaha. *twitches*

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Most definitely. I function better at night.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have been since I was a kid...I remember first staying up late as early as 5th grade. It is very difficult for me to function on a early schedule. I just feel better on the whole and get more rest when I fall asleep around 3 and sleep until 10 or 11. I seem sharper later in the day and I have tried to be a "early bird" at many times in my life, or had to be. But I am definitely a late night kind of gal.

I think it all has to do with your natural circadian rhythm. I seem to be geared towards late night but I am okay with that.

Abandoned account
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tried. Failed.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are you a night owl?
    Aye!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not so much. I do prefer staying up late, but my body disagrees and there have been plenty of times where I just passed out in front of the computer or grasping my phone in hand mid-text.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.