Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tiny House, Big Freedom

I would love to do something like this!

"Ella Jenkins has been living in a space about the size of a shipping container since October—and loving every minute of it. She built her own 130-square-foot house with the help of framing plans and her stepfather, and is now part of a growing trend of people who reside in “tiny houses,” miniature abodes that are modestly priced, eco-friendly and minimalistic..."

http://shine.yahoo.com/photos/tiny-h...173576439.html

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I totally agree with that freedom. If I didn't have all these cats and if it wouldn't hurt so much to leave my beautiful garden yard, I would have done that by now. I live in just a few tiny sections of my home. But because I have a four bedroom home (where my kids grew up) because I got it in the divorce, I have "stuff" here. I have stuff and my kids have their stuff here. I wish they would take their stuff. At one time in my life, my stuff was in a bookbag and I slept on park benches. Crazy as it sounds, I was free. If I lost my job tomorrow with no possibilities of getting another one, I would give away my cats, sell my house and live in my car. I'm serious.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So cute. I love it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://tinyhousetalk.com/category/small-houses/

Here's a site with some small, tiny, and micro homes. As well as some amazing studio apartment layouts.

http://pinterest.com/hesnomarmaduke/...me-sweet-home/

!!! Some of those are so outlandishly wonderful lol!
    Love or hate me as you will, but live now and in your final breath. In time we shall meet again.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awww, I want one!
    "I am the Wanderer
    I've seen many a shore
    But the road I long the most to go
    Is closed for evermore"

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I LOVE THE TINY HOUSE MOVEMENT! I have been planning to build my own for months and months now I just need to manage to save up any money I can to afford it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    130 square feet?? Yikes, that is REALLY small. I like the idea of it in many ways but I might need just a wee bit more space than that. However, I like the idea of being a minimalist. People with big house just fill it up with crap they never use and don't need. I have a small house that is about 1000 square feet on the main floor, a 350 square foot basement/tv room/guest room. We almost never use the basement unless we have guests.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.