Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    However right or wrong, Iowa is an at-will employment state meaning:Iowa is an "employment-at-will" state, meaning that an employer or employee may terminate the relationship at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all. From the Department of Labor Iowa. Still sucks, just legal.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know what it's like to be an attractive woman, but I imagine the sexism, the stereotypes, and the "looking down on you for being attractive" is probably pretty high.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Its his fault. He chose to have a woman assistant. Its silly to think its her fault for what she was wearing. Obviously it was appropriate dress as she was seeing clients. She should have won. In my country she would have , no question.

Also its a violation of a contract to cancel it for something you knew and accepted at employment.

At least his reputation has taken a hit. What a professional. I can see women not wanting to go to his dentistry anymore. I certainly would not go there if I lived in that area.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OMG WHAT? This guy should be fired for sexual harassment for what he said. [BEEP] the Iowa Supreme Court.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quote Tinkerbell View Post
    However right or wrong, Iowa is an at-will employment state meaning:Iowa is an "employment-at-will" state, meaning that an employer or employee may terminate the relationship at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all. From the Department of Labor Iowa. Still sucks, just legal.
    And this in a first-world country. Thats the thing, it's legal, but its not right or fair in any way. Therefore nothing will happen. There's plenty examples of that.

It always amazes me that the people who will defend this law by crying "freedom" are the ones that aren't affected at all by this at all.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    CalmCalm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty certain a comment like this and I quote " "Dr. Knight acknowledges he once told Nelson that if she saw his pants bulging, she would know her clothing was too revealing" ABC News. Would construde sexual harassment on his part, he made a sexual innuendo toward her, she also received sexually explicit text from him, if anyone in this situation was being inappropriate it was the doctor. The Doctors wife in true womanly jealousy assumed that it was Nelson who lead Dr Knight on, then you have a pastor who also calls for her to be fired. He sexually harasses her but the court rules in favor of him, that system was easily manipulated.
    Friends Together Together Forever

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    She must not have had a very good attorney if they did not file on the grounds of sexual harassment instead of gender discrimination. We had a young woman who at one time worked for us, won a lawsuit against her direct supervisor for making comments about blondes and her intelligence. And this is in Illinois, which is also an at will state. I would think that she still could file for harassment if they felt they had the grounds for that. Would like to know the rest of the story as to why they did not go this way. Just a thought.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.