Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How do you believe in God

I don't know, maybe this seems like a stupid question. I want to believe in God or something, anything spiritual...but I just can't. I don't know why I can't, but it's just the way it is. I feel like other people have some sort of special feeling or inspiration or something when they hear the word of God (or whatever religion they are a part of) and I feel....nothing. But I want that so bad, because I feel like it would help me to feel less alone. I've always wanted that sense of belonging that I sense in many faith communities, but when I tried becoming a part of a church, I felt like a big fat fraud.

I guess my question is, have you always believed in a God? Was there some spiritual awakening that occurred? Or am I just weird for always feeling so empty?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Grand Jete View Post
    I don't know, maybe this seems like a stupid question. I want to believe in God or something, anything spiritual...but I just can't. I don't know why I can't, but it's just the way it is. I feel like other people have some sort of special feeling or inspiration or something when they hear the word of God (or whatever religion they are a part of) and I feel....nothing. But I want that so bad, because I feel like it would help me to feel less alone. I've always wanted that sense of belonging that I sense in many faith communities, but when I tried becoming a part of a church, I felt like a big fat fraud.

I guess my question is, have you always believed in a God? Was there some spiritual awakening that occurred? Or am I just weird for always feeling so empty?
    Then, pray for the desire to be open to Him. The feelling of fraudulence is a big issue. We have to remember that Jesus (the little dude who was born on Christmas Day), died for our sins so we would not have to carry that shame.
    We are a new creation in Christ.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Christ wasn't born on Christmas day. He was most likely born during the Harvest time. Not trying to argue or debate but having factual information is key in our faith and understanding. Sadly, organized religion perpetuates traditions and "rules" that aren't of Biblical roots.

If your curiosity is piqued about having faith, about God, about something bigger than ourselves, about creation and order, about there being more than just "this is it"...about your spirit and soul being something unique and more than what some might tell you....the best place to start is the Bible itself. You will find organized religion has little to do with, in many cases, what the Bible says. I would recommend the New King James Version and beginning with the Gospels. The birth of Christ is best documented in the Gospel of Luke but the underlying feeling is the birth of Christ wasn't considered relevant as far as even mentioning an exact date. It is the ministry and the message of the Good News that is relevant.

I personally love the Gospels; they are my favorite books in the Bible. Prayer can feel empty if you feel no one is truly listening. By gaining knowledge about Christ and his ministry one can gain faith, interest and take it from there. I am not "against" churches but suffice to say a good one is about as hard to find as a good mechanic. Faith in God comes from one's heart and no one can walk that road for you. No one can even show you the "right" road, its one you have to navigate for yourself. Peace can be found with God though and while you will NEVER understand it all, take heart in that you will NEVER understand it all regardless of where your faith may lie.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I wasn't raised in a religion but was forced to attend a Catholic all girls high school by my crazy parents because they would get the tuition for 10 dollars a month because we were poor. The nuns scared me. My mother had me believing God was some angry deity who hated me. In other words I ran from anything God related. Tried about 20 religions as an adult because I thought God was religion. Found out he wasn't. When I reached out to this person/all being/ higher power that others seemed to worship, I found that I wanted a relationship with whoever he /she /or it was. Because when I asked for someone when I was lonely, or was scared and needed someone to sit with me, I sensed that there was someone/something there who listened. I started listening back. Then I actually heard a soft calm soothing voice. When I started to listen to that voice, my life seemed calmer. It wasn't the religion. It was God. I listened to the entire bible on audio cds. It took me a year. After understanding the historical progression of God, the Jewish people, Jesus, and people who believed in Jesus, I found that not only did I want a relationship with God, but I had the proof I needed. I'm a mistrustful doubting Thomas by nature.

You're not weird for feeling empty. And your questions aren't stupid. They're actually awesome, because that's where I started looking for God...........started just asking questions and looking.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I used to be Christian. In all honesty, I never full identified with or accepted the Christian concept of God. Just my personal view and experience. I lost my Christian faith and had some quite powerful spiritual experiences. Eventually, I realized it was time to be honest with myself and about myself even if the stuff I was coming out with was anything but conventional.

I'm Pagan. More specifically: Goddess Worshiper. It's kinda a bit like Wicca/Witchcraft but not quite. I do take elements from other faiths into what I believe so long as they are based on love and compassion.

Feeling less lonely and having a sense of belonging are great things. And they can be obtained in other places besides religion and spirituality. You really can't and shouldn't try to force yourself to believe in something when you don't. Doing so will only ever result in you not getting a sense of belonging. Because you'd be trying to connect with others based on something that isn't true for you.

It's hard sometimes. Most of my family are Christians. It would have been so much easier had I also been a Christian. But I had to be who I am or I would walk through this world telling one big fat lie after another.

By all means be open to possibilities and how you feel/think. But let no other person tell you what is spiritually true for you. I don't know what "God" is for you if he/she/it is anything to you. That's a question you can answer. And it's your answer that matters.

If you want to feel less lonely....get to know yourself. Connect to what is true for you and what is not true for you. That way you will begin your journey on the path to connect with others who really do share what's true for you.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I used be catholic and no meat on Friday and all but some years back my beliefs changed to Agnostic and the belief of the idea of the Da Vinci code and the idea that Jesus Christ line continued and that people today maybe related to Jesus Christ. On how the Last Supper painting which Da Vinci painted revealed that Jesus Christ married Mary Magdalene and had a offspring. The story states that Magdalene disappeared and the church chased them down trying to kill his family He painted the painting backwards with Mary holding a child in a mirrored image and painted it on the large wall taking him 6 years. He was protecting himself from the church cause if they found out it will be his life. The Last Supper painting hidden secrets took years to discover. the Knight of the Templars were followers and they still exist today. Leonardo was a student of the knights of the Templars. the movie stars Tom Hanks from 2001 I believe, the book I think came out sometime before.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    WorriedWorried
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I used to be Catholic, same here but now Agnostic and follower of the Davinci Code and the secrets of the Last Supper

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    I used to be a christian, but now it just doesn't seem to...feel right, if that makes sense. I've begun to understand the buddhist teachings more, specifically "It does not matter when or how the world was created, or when it will end. We will for arguments sake, presume that it has always existed", or something like that. I don't know if I'd call myself a buddhist or not, but some of the ideas just...make sense. There isn't any laws. There's "precepts" which we as humans are urged to consider before doing an action, to weigh up the pros and the cons. It seems more...focussed on the person, rather than on the God. It doesn't tell you what happened. If anything, it's allowed me to consider and find the spirtualness that makes sense and feels right to me.

As it, I've always had problems trying to get my head around the fact that if God created the world, who created God? My head can't seem to come to terms with the fact that God existed in nothingness and has always been there. It can't help but wonder where he came from. I'm not saying I don't believe God exists or anything...I guess my head just wants to know how things work.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am a Christian. I consider myself Episcopalian, which is a more liberal branch of Christianity. We believe in civil rights and gay marriage, although gay people still aren't married within our church.

I've always been a strong believer in God, but I went through a period where I doubted, because of my mental illness. I felt that any God who would give me social anxiety and bipolar type 2 wasn't worth believing in. After a while, I realized that he gave me those things so that I could have a stronger personality.

I'm not 100% sure that there is a heaven or a hell, though, so even though it looks good on paper, I don't know where I will go when I die.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I believe in god because YAHWEH said so in the Bible

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Some people need proof of things before they can believe in them. Is a belief system. Much like the paranormal is a belief system too. We can hear stories from others. Amazing things that happened to them. But until we see real proof, it can be hard to actually believe in what we are been asked to believe in. With God you might be questioning certain things. Would a God let certain things happen in the world? Disasters and the likes. Plus your own condition. Why is there so much suffering out there? Loads of questions you could ask that might make you doubt any God or Religion. Especially when it comes down to belief. If you saw something happen before your own eyes, you might begin to believe. Because of what you saw. You would have your proof. You would have less doubt. In a sense it is you been asked to take a blind leap of faith. To believe in something millions of others believe in. But you might not see what those millions of others see. Thus it confuses your mind. you want to believe. But you need a reason to believe. That reason is not the words of others.
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Cuchculan View Post
    Some people need proof of things before they can believe in them. Is a belief system. Much like the paranormal is a belief system too. We can hear stories from others. Amazing things that happened to them. But until we see real proof, it can be hard to actually believe in what we are been asked to believe in. With God you might be questioning certain things. Would a God let certain things happen in the world? Disasters and the likes. Plus your own condition. Why is there so much suffering out there? Loads of questions you could ask that might make you doubt any God or Religion. Especially when it comes down to belief. If you saw something happen before your own eyes, you might begin to believe. Because of what you saw. You would have your proof. You would have less doubt. In a sense it is you been asked to take a blind leap of faith. To believe in something millions of others believe in. But you might not see what those millions of others see. Thus it confuses your mind. you want to believe. But you need a reason to believe. That reason is not the words of others.
    U don't need proof u just need faith "ALL WHO BELIEVE IN ME SHALL BE SAVED"

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Blind Leap of Faith !!!!!!!!
    The Lovable Irish Rogue

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I dont believe in any god or especially any sort of afterlife. i think it was the ultimate power grab, using humans greatest fear as the medium. when i see people hurt myself and others so badly thinking it doesnt matter cuz we all gonna fly to a magical fairyland where we live forever and everything is perfectly happy all the time, i get seriously angry.
    imagine the hell and boredom of that....id rather cease to exist.

but we see nature has everything does have a way to it....a purpose. we cant live forever and never will so what can one do? make clones of themselves aka have children. thats why sex feels so good n all that jazz, as its natures way of making sure you dont make the mistake of not continuing yourself. well, its not us, we die, but least our line goes on.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Skippy View Post
    I dont believe in any god or especially any sort of afterlife. i think it was the ultimate power grab, using humans greatest fear as the medium. when i see people hurt myself and others so badly thinking it doesnt matter cuz we all gonna fly to a magical fairyland where we live forever and everything is perfectly happy all the time, i get seriously angry.
    imagine the hell and boredom of that....id rather cease to exist.

but we see nature has everything does have a way to it....a purpose. we cant live forever and never will so what can one do? make clones of themselves aka have children. thats why sex feels so good n all that jazz, as its natures way of making sure you dont make the mistake of not continuing yourself. well, its not us, we die, but least our line goes on.
    that a very sad view of reality

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.