Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The American Lust for Blood

One could easily retitle that the HUMAN lust for blood.

With the recent shootings, it brings about the question why are we as humans in such a war against one another to be powerful? Why do we not work for the betterment of humanity?

Selfishness? Personal Gain? Feeling rejected by society and ran over by the have's?

Our lust for blood goes as far back as the beginning of time and is on the hands of every nation...I am not trying to single out America per se.

But what bothers me is that America has a reputation for trying to portray themselves as the "GOOD GUYS". That we are justified in all we do.

Let's take the bombings of Japan in WWII. They weren't necessary. Despite what some history books try to tell us the facts are indisputable. We had nearly annihilated their cities and along with Russian pressure, had them negotiating their surrender, their terms being to keep their emperor. Yet we bombed them anyway. I watched something on this recently that made me realize what a horrible person Truman was to green light the bombings.

Also I question the handling of certain "national defense" measures that are in place and have been for years. Obama has been lockstep with Bush on many of his policies. I find it amusing when people accuse Obama of being "LIBERAL". He is a centrist and 20 years ago would have been labeled a moderate republican.

America had no place in Vietnam or Iraq yet these are still to this day defended as if they were necessary. THEY WERE NOT. The truth is that in Vietnam we stacked up bodies at an alarming pace. We were trying to "stop the spread of communism". Or were we trying to spread the might of America?

America needs to focus on learning from its past mistakes and taking care of it's countrymen.

Just a few things on my mind today.

As long as we refuse to learn from our mistakes and admit our faults, we are doomed as a society. Mass shootings will still happen. Corporations will continue to run the show. America will ultimately implode.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Selfishness and its components. It's sad. It's a reflection of a much deeper problem.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I lay the blame with most of Americas problem at the door of the Republicans. They are the most divisive hate filled party in America and as long as they control the senate there is no hope for America.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It reminds me of a quote which is actually topical to the bombings of Japan and the dawn of the atomic age, when J. Robert Oppenheimer famously said "Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
    I guess it was a gloomy and realistic foreshadow and he may as well be speaking for all the governments and world powers who continue to engage in belligerent behavior today.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.