Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Avoiding answering the door??

Who don't like answering the door to the postman or in fact anyone? When the door bell rings, I'm scared to death.I almost go into a panic attack, I have shortness of breath and my heart beat races and tons of fear. As, I have no friends, so the person at the door is usually a saleman or someone asking for money and i'm really bad about saying "no" politley and I don't know how to handle people who are hard sell except for i feel like kicking their butt. I think this is because i am so shy and have a hard time sticking up for myself and lack social skills to deal with it civilly.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, I never answer the door. Either my parents do, or I ignore it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Same here!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My anxiety spikes when I have to answer the door to a sells persons, and have to say not interested.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always used to hide every time the door rang when I was little. I avoid answering unless I know I'm expecting something.

Antidote's Avatar Rude & Shouty
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My mum orders a billion things online so we're always getting deliveries. I usually ignore them and they get left at the post office to be picked up. Random / surprise visits make me flustered. I think it's extremely rude when people just drop by in general. A few times friends (when I had some) have done that and I pretended I was out because I couldn't face them without preparation.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    never answer it myself ever ! it goes un-anwsered

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hate answering it, but sometimes I have to.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yes. I kinda hide somewhere for several momments, going "please don't see me please don't see me..."

Thats on my worse anxiety days =/

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I use to be the same way but it does get better

VickieKitties's Avatar Living irl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    LovedLoved
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd never answer the door for anyone other than a very short list of friends and family, that's how you get abducted.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like to answer the door. I hate the feeling of the unknown, even if I'm sure of the person behind the door. Plus, whenever the door bell rings I always happen to be in unflattering pajamas.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never answer the door unless I am expecting someone. I mean, I'm hardly ever in the house anyway, I work long days so by the time I get home, things have usually quietened down. But if someone knocks, I tend to hide in the back of the house and hope they go away.

It comes from living in a house that had problems with bailiffs for a while (not my bailiffs, they were after a previous resident!) but they used to knock at all hours of the day and night, trying to get money or goods, and wouldn't take no for an answer when I used to tell them through the letterbox that I wasn't the person they were looking for, and would keep knocking for up to an hour.

I never answer the phone either, unless I know the number that comes up on caller-ID and I know it's a friend or family. If a call is "withheld" or "unavailable" they don't get answered. I mean, why bother?

pam's Avatar needs more cowbell
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I had guys from the Salvation Army coming over with a truck to take our sofa, chair, and cedar chest away the other day. I made my boyfriend come home early from work so he would be there too. (I'm 44 yo, btw). That way i don't have to converse much with them. I am a nervous wreck before they come too.

I don't like people coming over. It feels a little invasive. I'd rather go to see them. But in this case, I'm old with a bad back and can't carry heavy furniture around!

Next Monday our new furniture is coming, and again, I scheduled it for before my boyfriend leaves.

Oh yes, I rarely answer the phone too. It's a little like being caught off guard. But most of the time it's just a telemarketer anyway.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i do it with the phone.. my friend always calls early in the morning while im not awake yet.. then the fact that he keeps calling back makes me not want to answer at all. if he would just give me damn time id call back when im ready. -___-
    “A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside it remains the same.” — Brock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.