Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Guns in Schools

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wish anti-gun people would put their heads together and think of a reasonable solution to gun crime (since banning guns isn't gonna happen and is a stupid idea). Getting tired of people saying this "guns are the problem" nonsense over and over again when they KNOW it isn't. It's like they're "trolling" or something since they never contribute much of an opinion on the topic. and i don't make that accusation often. I'm convinced they are trolling actually. Surely they're not that naive. If they are, i feel bad not only for them, but the people around them. Pretty depressing stuff. If i were religious, i'd pray for them.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey...I know! Let's have more guns! Because more people need to be killed, every day!

Hand them off to children, let them kill each other! If a teacher tries to shoot one of them, to protect another one, and gets shot in the process, even better!

What a reasonable solution!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WintersTale View Post
    Hey...I know! Let's have more guns! Because more people need to be killed, every day!

Hand them off to children, let them kill each other! If a teacher tries to shoot one of them, to protect another one, and gets shot in the process, even better!

What a reasonable solution!
    Why is it the anti-gun people who always make goofy comments about giving guns to children? Surely you're not that irresponsible? Do you know how insane that sounds? How can you even try to prove a point with statements like that? That is why the anti-gun argument never gets very far.

"more people need to be killed everyday" seriously? i'm starting to think this isnt even sarcasm on your part.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote GoatHorned View Post
    Why is it the anti-gun people who always make goofy comments about giving guns to children? Surely you're not that irresponsible? Do you know how insane that sounds? How can you even try to prove a point with statements like that? That is why the anti-gun argument never gets very far.

"more people need to be killed everyday" seriously? i'm starting to think this isnt even sarcasm on your part.
    It IS sarcasm, although what is scary is that YOU aren't being sarcastic.

And, actually, my niece's grandfather gave her a gun after the shooting, to protect herself. My niece is 10. Hardly old enough to handle a gun, or be able to shoot without killing themselves or someone else.

And what is the point of a gun? To shoot and kill. Why does anybody need something like that, unless they are a hunter, in war, or a police officer?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It IS sarcasm, although what is scary is that YOU aren't being sarcastic.

And, actually, my niece's grandfather gave her a gun after the shooting, to protect herself. My niece is 10. Hardly old enough to handle a gun, or be able to shoot without killing themselves or someone else.

And what is the point of a gun? To shoot and kill. Why does anybody need something like that, unless they are a hunter, in war, or a police officer?
    This question has been answer time and time again. Self defense. That's the only reason you need, and the only reason that matters. Using sarcasm to suggest that your stance on guns is morally correct and that everyone else should also be willing victims isn't doing anything for you guys. Being weak and helpless is not a desirable thing to most people...i don't understand why that would be your preferred position.

I don't believe your story about your niece receiving a gun at age 10 from he grandfather. I think some people would make up any story they could to try to prove a point, or make opposing opinions look bad. Especially while debating on the topic. It seems to me you would have done something about it if your nieces life was in some kind of danger.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't believe your story
    If you knew her grandfather, you would believe it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you knew her grandfather, you would believe it.
    Well he doesn't sound like a very intelligent man.

But anyways Winterstale, on the subject of self-defense and guns.. why do you like the idea of being a victim? You question your ability to use a gun? Don't trust yourself with one? Don't care about your life or the lives of others around you? Or is it a masochistic thing or something?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope I haven't given the impression that I support a gun ban; it's been a while since I posted in this thread so I don't remember and am too lazy/dont have time to backtrack right now.

Here is something I posted on FB tonight:

The problem I have with this pic is that it is trying to diminish the true numbers of gun crime (and takes a shot at Obamacare for no apparent reason). There is no need for that and it immediately creates division. We need a true rational conversation without extremism. Because the problems of violence in our country cannot be legislated away with something as simplistic as a "gun ban" of any kind. One would think that a even a quick look at history would reveal the success of "banning" in our nation and how poorly that has worked. Since the tragedy in Newtown, there has been such extremism on both sides--either calling for an all out gun ban or on the other side, arming everyone. Rather, as a nation, we need to take a look at what causes VIOLENCE (and yes that includes those pesky hammers etc mentioned in the pic) as a whole rather than looking at the weaponry of choice....be it a handgun, assault rifle, knife or hammer. The problem of violence in this nation is far more convoluted than the weaponry used. I strongly support the right to have guns but with that said, the only thing I would do as far as legislation goes is close the gun show loop hole. Since I have to go through an interview, credit check, background check etc to get a job, I don't find it unreasonable to have to get a background check to own a gun. But, again, the root causes of violence in this country need to be dealt with. And that seems to be what is truly missing in the nationwide "gun" debate.
    "You can never really know a person and if you think you can, you're living in a fucking dream world!" David Fisher, Six Feet Under

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    1150_442030692533228_1015246576_n.jpgOh and here is the pic:
    "You can never really know a person and if you think you can, you're living in a fucking dream world!" David Fisher, Six Feet Under

pam's Avatar needs more cowbell
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I choose not to have guns around me. I have personal reasons for it that I'm not going to go into here, but it's a conscious choice for me. But, that doesn't automatically make me have a "victim" mentality. I don't see myself as a victim or wanting to be one, or as weak and helpless either. Just because i don't arm myself, doesn't mean I'm weak. I just see it as a lifestyle choice. But if I am a victim of crime, does that mean it was my fault I was because I wasn't "prepared" with arms? No, it just means I didn't have a gun on me.

My apt was robbed several times 20 yrs ago and luckily I was never home when it happened. The last time they actually cut a hole right thru the wall from the fire escape hallway--guess locked doors and windows don't really work, lol. I came home and saw a gaping hole in the wall and stuff moved around and missing. In the meantime of getting the wall fixed, I sat there looking at it, wishing I had a gun. I was mad and felt invaded (in a way). Like how dare someone just come into MY space and take MY stuff! But if I had been home, and had a gun, would I really have wanted to possibly kill someone over a TV, microwave, skateboard, strobe light, and some costume jewelry? No. But I'm also told that the break-in wouldn't have happened if I was at home anyway.

I had talked to my friend who was a retired cop at the time about getting a gun and he said "If you aim it, you better shoot it." Well, I instantly dropped the idea because I just can't do that. He also said if I had a gun in my hand, the chance of getting killed was higher because they would also be more likely to shoot me (in their "self-defense"). I decided I'll take my chances without a gun. But I don't see that as me automatically being categorized as a "willing victim". It's bad enough my father's response to the robbery was "Well, you wanted to live there!" (in the city) like I was asking for it! So I'm used to this blame the crime victim for what the criminal did thing. But I don't agree with it at all.

So i am personally anti-gun, within my own life. But not for everyone else. I would like large magazines and automatic weapons (that only the military should have) to be banned. That's all. Well, and the gun show loop holes to be wiped out. Why make it easier for killers?

My boyfriend told me the other day that you need a permit to have a pistol, but not for those AR-whatevers....THAT's REALLY fukced up, lol.

pam's Avatar needs more cowbell
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote WineKitty View Post
    Lol, that's why I stay away from doctors as much as I can, too.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I will answer his questions, even though they were kind of insulting.

I don't question my ability to use a gun. I HAVE used a gun. I don't question the value of a gun, because they DO have value. In the hands of someone enforcing the law.

The problem here is that, every single shooting spree ever, has resulted from legally obtained firearms. Not illegal firearms. That's where the problem lies. Adam Lanza wasn't turned away from purchasing a gun; he had them, in his home, all thanks to his dear old mother. This is where the problem lies, keeping guns out of the hands of people who should not have them, not people who do have them.

And as far as it being a masochistic thing, I'm not compensating for the size of my penis here. I am pleased with the size, length, girth, or whatever of my dick. However, people who get big guns or flashy cars are usually trying to compensate for the lack of something in their pants.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I will answer his questions, even though they were kind of insulting.

I don't question my ability to use a gun. I HAVE used a gun. I don't question the value of a gun, because they DO have value. In the hands of someone enforcing the law.

The problem here is that, every single shooting spree ever, has resulted from legally obtained firearms. Not illegal firearms. That's where the problem lies. Adam Lanza wasn't turned away from purchasing a gun; he had them, in his home, all thanks to his dear old mother. This is where the problem lies, keeping guns out of the hands of people who should not have them, not people who do have them.

And as far as it being a masochistic thing, I'm not compensating for the size of my penis here. I am pleased with the size, length, girth, or whatever of my dick. However, people who get big guns or flashy cars are usually trying to compensate for the lack of something in their pants.
    So if a homeowners gun saves someones life during a home invasion that weapon has no value because it wasn't used by law enforcement? Wow, you might as well tell the homeowner his/her life has no value too while you're at it. It would be the same thing.

My question wasn't meant to be insulting but you are the sensitive type i guess. Masochism has nothing to do with penises i don't think. Well i suppose it COULD but that wasn't the road i wanted to go down personally so i won't join you in that discussion. Masochists just enjoy having pain inflicted on them. They enjoy being victims. That seems to explain why people would be against guns for self defense. That's my theory anyways and i'm sticking to it because it makes the most sense.

I really don't know about the whole compensation thing. I don't go asking people about their equipment or trying to sneak a peek, but i'm not quite sure how else you'd go about finding something like that out. It doesn't sound very logical though. Some people just like nice things.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not offended at anything you're saying, except the fact that you think I'm stupid.

I'm not stupid. I just have different beliefs than you. I don't believe guns belong in the hands of civilians.

Prodigy's Avatar God
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We had metal detectors at my school as well as cameras in every hall with about 20~ security guards in that bitch. Still had some kid sneak a gun in once, lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.