Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Going out and having fun alone?

Does anyone here ever go out alone? I have no one to go out with and I feel weird being alone in public places since everyone else seems to have a group of friends. I really hate shopping alone and hope no one pays attention to me. I never go to the movies because I dont want to be the only one watching the movie alone. Who else feels like this??

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never thoguht of listening to music while shopping. I'll take that into consideration.

Where is a good place to locate support groups? I'm clueless as to that.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Nelly View Post
    I never thoguht of listening to music while shopping. I'll take that into consideration.

You don't need to listen. As long as you have headphones on it gives you an excuse to not socialize. Perfect for ppl like us.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I listen to music when I'm shopping, too. Sometimes I get overwhelmed if I don't. I do enjoy shopping alone as long as I'm in a larger store, where I can feel fairly anonymous. I don't like visiting small shops by myself if I haven't been in them before.

I go to concerts by myself occasionally if I really want to see the show, though I have a lot of anticipatory anxiety and often feel strange once I'm there. I like going to the park and the beach by myself, but I do get the sense sometimes that I'm a hopeless, friendless oddball.

ThatOneQuietGuy's Avatar State of perpetual loss
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Nelly View Post

There are a lot of meetup groups for people with social anxiety here : http://www.meetup.com/
    I've been to one and it's pretty low stress. It's also a great place to make new friends if you don't have a lot of other options.

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I try to do a lot of outdoor activities like hiking and exploring back roads in the area. I'm always by myself though. I did go into a bar once but turned around and went right back out. I used to go out on very rare occasions. But I always had a friend with me to take the focus off of me. But now I have no one to go with.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I often shop alone. I've done it for so long, it doesn't even bother me. In fact, I kind of prefer it because I can take my time.

As for the movie thing - I used to go alone, usually to matinees. But as I've aged, I've become a lot more... erm, frugal. I prefer to wait for the DVD.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I do things alone like hiking, going to gardens and museums and going to a movie. I've found that my companion when I'm alone is my camera. I try to focus on what I'm going to see and I block out all the people. I can be found every other week, chasing a squirrel through the Arboretum as I try getting the perfect shot. I also like going to movies alone because the time before the movies is a good time to think. I think I've just learned to block out others and not even see them. I focus more on beauty around me.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I actually prefer doing quite a number things alone. I can just take my time and not feel pressured to do anything I dont wanna do

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I do lots alone. Let it empower you not stop you.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I don't mind going shopping alone, more anxious when with people and more so when clothes shopping. I really want to attempt going to a.concert alone as no one really shares my music taste.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Koalafan View Post
    I actually prefer doing quite a number things alone. I can just take my time and not feel pressured to do anything I dont wanna do
    I feel the same way. I don't have to ask for anyone else's input about where or when. I just go.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Parthenia's Avatar Just a swingin'
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ same here. I love to be by myself. Red Lobster is my favorite place to eat alone. I see people eating by themselves all the time anywhere I go.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've gone to movies alone once or twice. It's one of the easier things to do alone I think. Just walk in there like you own the place and sit down. Don't even give yourself time to think about it and build up fear.

I've also gone out to eat alone, but only if it's a very casual buffet. I wouldn't sit in a formal restaurant and be served alone though.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote cmed View Post
    I've gone to movies alone once or twice. It's one of the easier things to do alone I think. Just walk in there like you own the place and sit down. Don't even give yourself time to think about it and build up fear.

I've also gone out to eat alone, but only if it's a very casual buffet. I wouldn't sit in a formal restaurant and be served alone though.
    Yep - I just went to my Chinese buffet tonight. It's an every other week occurrence. I got a 2013 calendar from them tonight! They know me pretty well now - they just don't know my name :ROFL:.

Tip well, guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.