rachelchloe's Avatar Hopelessly lost
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My social issues.

1) I have no friends that I see on a regular basis.
    2) I hate going into large crowds.
    3) It all depends on the people if i'm myself or not.
    4) I don't know what to do with myself more then half of the time.
    5) I get anxiety attacks when i'm the center of attention...

There's plenty more, but i'm too tired to type the rest.

Anyone else deal with the same stuff?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have most of that except maybe the anxiety attacks. Someone once said your a loner if you recharge your batteries while being alone and drain them with people and a sociable person if you do the opposite. I'm definitely a loner by that definition.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty much the same.
    I don't really have any friends and even though I would like to make some the thought of it gives me anxiety and I just think that no one would like me anyway.
    The only person who gets to see the real me is my boyfriend. Not even my family really know me.
    I spend most of my time inside not really doing anything. I tend to sit online a lot but I rarely talk to anyone on Facebook or anything because I get worried I am annoying people.
    I used to get panic attacks but I haven't had one in years now. I was at a social gathering the other day and noticed I was scratching my arms and constantly wringing my hands together and I even had to leave and sit in the car for just over an hour. It was the first social gathering I had been to in a very long time and I just didn't handle it very well.
    I also hate using the telephone.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Same here. thank you for sharing.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank for posting those. It's okay. That's the important thing. It's okay for those things you've listed to have been true. It's okay and you're okay. Nobody is expecting you to be anything you feel you're not. Go back through the list you've written and see if you can change the list to what you want to be true.

So, if you can change the first one, change it to something like: "I have many friends I enjoy seeing on a regular basis and they enjoy my company". Change it to something like that and then notice how you feel. Imagine what it would be like if you did have many friends you enjoy seeing and who enjoy your company. Anything that comes up is okay. It's just you communicating with yourself.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote CityofAngels View Post
    I have most of that except maybe the anxiety attacks. Someone once said your a loner if you recharge your batteries while being alone and drain them with people and a sociable person if you do the opposite. I'm definitely a loner by that definition.
    That does not make you a loner - it makes you introverted!

ThatOneQuietGuy's Avatar State of perpetual loss
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    #3 is an issue for me too.
    My anxiety levels depend on the people that I am around.
    I can be completely normal around my sister and my cousin, but once their friends are around my mind goes blank.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.