Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does this sound like SAD?

Sooo this has just been happening at school. I get short of breath while walking to class or anywhere at school. My heart pounds really hard and fast and it feels like it's pounding in my head and I feel like I'm going to pass out. My doctor ran tests, did an xray of my lungs and they looked good so she said I may have social anxiety disorder. But it doesn't make sense. I do have horrible self esteem and I'm definitely not a people person. I barely talk to people I don't know well and I don't have any friends, I haven't had any in.. 12 years. I do talk to people when I have/need to.. When I have something specific to ask or say but when it comes to small talk it's like I don't know what to say.. My mind just goes blank. I walk around everywhere else and don't feel like I'm going to pass out. Even in public, at stores or wherever. And from what I've read this might make sense if i were worrying a lot about talking or being around people.. But I'm not worrying about those things when it happens. I'm not worrying about anything.. I had wondered before if I had social anxiety disorder but I don't think that's what's causing this?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm... what exactly triggers the shortness of breath and such when you are walking to class or anywhere on campus? Do you experience feelings of anxiety in general? If so, what triggers the anxiety during those time periods?

So far, from the post you've made.. it sounds like a mix of General Anxiety.. and a bit of SAD. But I could be wrong, so don't take my word for it.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.