Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How did you guys do it?

Ill be really close to 20 when I graduate beauty school.. and Im just so terrified of being finished and finding a job. I live with my parents and have never worked, only gone to school. Im so so afraid of working and being responsible for myself. Im in no way independent.. and when I think about having to do everything on my own and not being treated like a child in school anymore.. I just freak out. I cant stop worrying about what will happen when Im finished with school and how Ill ever be confident enough to work. Im just really anxious about it.

Are the other people out here that are terrified of being independent? I mean I have really bad GAD, but it seems like everyone is already self sufficient and able to work and all the things Im so afraid of. Ahg Idk what the point of this thread is. Just to vocalize my terror I guess. Im so so so afraid.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm moving out on my own soon and as scary as it is, i'm really looking forward to it. I also think that i'll get a lot more done myself instead of rlying on others to help me out, so as well as being scared i'm incredibly excited about this new start!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Many people are terrified of being independent. It does seem like everyone is self sufficient and able to work and all the things you're so afraid of. And the key word there is SEEMS. A lot of people get good at hiding their worries and concerns.

My question for you is: what would you like to have happen?

You've detailed what you're afraid of and that's okay. Nothing wrong with being afraid of those things. It's simply time to put your attention on what it is you would like to have happen.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    DepressedDepressed
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    I'm as afraid as it gets and I got some jobs and moved out on my own. it seems impossible to walk in and interview/get/start a job and find a place to live etc. but if you get yourself in the door you become more independent by necessity. You find a way. It is scary. One thing you can do is some research to find out what employers are looking for and what will happen during the application process etc. Same thing for getting your own place. The internet is wonderful in that way. You can get as prepared as possible so there won't be as many unknowns. You seem like a really special person. I don't know you or anything. I know my name sounds like another guy from another site but that's just a coincidence. There's no way I'm that guy. From what I heard you should never listen to that guy because he might be unstable. So yeah, I'm not the same guy...really. Take care, Kelsey.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have a similar problem to you OP. I think the best you can do is to slowly work through your triggers. Go onto the job searching website, pick out one and read it without looking away from the page. Read about hairdressing or whatever specialization you are going into.

Read about renting, living on own etc. Slowly just read the page, breathe deeply and push out any negative thoughts.

Do your parents have friends they can ask favors of? Maybe you can do their hair as practice? Also start cutting your bfs hair

Anyway more practice could help you feel more confident.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anxiety or not this is a tough transition for most I'm assuming. Take it one stride at a time. Maybe consider getting a part time job while still in school to sort of ease the transition? The work experience would be good for finding a job after you finish school.

Also, do you really live in a town called Walla Walla, Washington? I love saying that for some reason lol.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm only partially independent, still can't really fathom relying solely on myself yet. The thought is too scary for me.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.