Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anticipatory anxiety

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has anticipatory anxiety? I seem to have it more or less all the time (due to chronic unpredictable rage directed toward me in my upbringing) so that I never seem to have my senses about me/can't be myself. I was wondering how other people tackled it? to feel they aren't constantly under imminent threat?

So far I've made my home more secure, blocked all contact to the dangerous people from my past (hard, cos i feel this may enrage them further) and try to concentrate on the safety I have 'now' rather than reverting to my learnt sense of lack of security. I also try to meditate but can't because my mind is too 'on alert'. Meds-wise I was thinking Nardil or Nardil+Lyrica may help me engage in therapy, I'm currently on Parnate and finding the stimulating effect totally counter-productive.

Thoughts appreciated.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anticipatory anxiety as in anxiety in the time leading up to something? It's difficult. I just try to go do whatever it is immediately before my mind even has a chance to internalize and overthink it.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    There's a name for this? I have this all the time. When things are going great, I'm looking over my shoulder for the asteroid to hit me. I have an "over the top" need for security at all times. I figured it was because of my past abuse and living on the streets. But yes, I'm hypervigilent at all times. I'm trying to convince myself that I'm safe.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.