Thread: Hi

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi

My name is Marquise and I just signed up for this site today because the Saturday before last I started to black out out of no where, my body went numb and in waves kept coming, I had really bad derealization, I felt a tingly or needle feeling coming up my throat and in my mouth. I had been sick so everyone blamed in on the flu which I found out I had a viral infection with fluctuating heart rate, slightly elevated blood pressure, and a temp of 102, but every since that day I have been suffering from derealization, constant brightness 24/7, and I've had trouble breathing and I notice I get them even worse at night. I have an appointment this Wednesday at a behavioral hospital where they think I have Chronic Panic disorder and are talking about putting me back on anti depressants, before yes I took bupropin and something else I can't remember the name and suddenly had to stop taking them because the doctor said I needed to get a regular primary doctor, I was shocked because he had told me I couldn't just "stop" taking them because I could get seizures. Anyways after one day of suffering from sweating and confusion I was fine and have been off of them for months before any of this happened. I'm also wondering if my ear problem is causing this because I have a blocked ear at the moment and I have went to WV for christmas and thats when I first started feeling the derealization and had to pull over, but it never went full force till that following Saturday at work. All I know is I'm sick of this and everyone keeps thinking i'm crazy and telling me to control it, how can I control something that's controlling my brain. It's scary and I've been suffering every. single. day. and missing so much work.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Mboggs89 View Post
    My name is Marquise and I just signed up for this site today because the Saturday before last I started to black out out of no where, my body went numb and in waves kept coming, I had really bad derealization, I felt a tingly or needle feeling coming up my throat and in my mouth. I had been sick so everyone blamed in on the flu which I found out I had a viral infection with fluctuating heart rate, slightly elevated blood pressure, and a temp of 102, but every since that day I have been suffering from derealization, constant brightness 24/7, and I've had trouble breathing and I notice I get them even worse at night. I have an appointment this Wednesday at a behavioral hospital where they think I have Chronic Panic disorder and are talking about putting me back on anti depressants, before yes I took bupropin and something else I can't remember the name and suddenly had to stop taking them because the doctor said I needed to get a regular primary doctor, I was shocked because he had told me I couldn't just "stop" taking them because I could get seizures. Anyways after one day of suffering from sweating and confusion I was fine and have been off of them for months before any of this happened. I'm also wondering if my ear problem is causing this because I have a blocked ear at the moment and I have went to WV for christmas and thats when I first started feeling the derealization and had to pull over, but it never went full force till that following Saturday at work. All I know is I'm sick of this and everyone keeps thinking i'm crazy and telling me to control it, how can I control something that's controlling my brain. It's scary and I've been suffering every. single. day. and missing so much work.
    I would wait until the doctor gives you definitive news. I had the flu so bad one time, I named it "Malaria '97". Even after the flu ended, I had dizzy spells for 2-3 weeks after the illness. There could be lingering effects of the flu - a particularly nasty strain is out this winter for some reason.

I would bet the panic could partly be from that and the rest from stress related to going back to work. Right now, your health is more important. I would not worry about anything until your doctor talks to you.

Welcome to the site .

Skippy's Avatar Pickin' and Grinnin'!
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Welcome! Hope ya feel better and find some good support here! =]

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alexis1213's Avatar War of the Anxiety
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You need a hug! -hugs- There is a stomach virus going around my area... tho it's only stomachaches and diarrhea... D:

I use to feel that way... I use to feel "Half" here if you know what I mean....

._. Hope you get better.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Derealisation can be caused by anxiety (ive had it). So obsessive thoughts about getting derealisation will be sure to lead to it.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank all of you, wow didn't expect to get so many responses

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yea, its hard not to think about bc its so scary I get it mostly besides the constant brightness

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aw I love hugs * hugs*

Sagan's Avatar Carl Sagan
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Welcome to AS!

http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Welcome Marquise

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.