Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Police seek person who tied 1-year-old dog to fence and set it on fire

Source: Palm Beach Post

By Toni-Ann Miller

Dave Walesky, captain of Palm Beach Animal Care and Control, is no stranger to vicious crimes against animals, but this week he’s had to deal with one of the most gruesome cases he’s ever seen.

On Monday night, Riviera Beach Police and fire rescue crews were called to the 1600 block of West 27th Street to reports of a structure fire. They arrived and saw the fire. What they also saw was a light-colored, 1-year-old pit bull terrier among the flames.

It had been hung there on a chain fence, tied by a leash, doused in gasoline and set on fire.

Palm Beach Animal Care and Control was called to the scene.

FULL story at link.

Read more: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ne...to-fenc/nTr6h/

Officials need your help to solve horrific act of animal cruelty.

On Monday, Jan. 7, 2013 Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control (AC&C) officers responded to a call involving a one-year-old, male, pit bull terrier that had been intentionally tethered to a chain link fence and set on fire. The dog, which was deceased when officers arrived, was wearing a bright blue, nylon buckle collar, and had been tied to the fence with a leash. The crime occurred in a common area near the 1600 block of W 27thStreet in Riviera Beach.

AC&C staff veterinarians, using forensic technology, later determined that the dog was alive when it was set on fire and this is what ultimately led to its death.Investigators at AC&C are asking the public to please call in with any information regarding this horrific crime.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-TIPS (8477). All callers can remain anonymous. The public can also call Animal Care and Control at (561) 233-1200, extension 0.
    http://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

"A still more glorious dawn awaits
    Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise
    A morning filled with 400 billion suns
    The rising of the milky way"

"The sky calls to us
    If we do not destroy ourselves
    We will one day venture to the stars" -Carl Sagan

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh my god, that is awful.

kc1895's Avatar KFC Hipster
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If that had been my pet, that person would NOT be alive today.

JustGaara's Avatar Hurt Good.
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's horrible I tend not to be overly sympathetic toward animals, but that's just cruel. Why would someone do something like that?
    I'm in love with the world through the eyes of a girl who's still around the morning after...

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    OKayOKay
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh my ... The person who does that got to have a very sick mind. R.I.P Dog

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote kc1895 View Post
    If that had been my pet, that person would NOT be alive today.
    Very accurate. I probably would have a hard time restraining myself.

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's just flat out unsettling. What sick mind would do that to anything?

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While I certainly don't condone animal cruelty, I fail to understand why such things tend to elicit such a stunning level of emotion. Outrage from folks eating burgers & wearing leather which they surely know required the death of a cow. Folks who surely know that large numbers of dogs & cats (and other animals) are "put down" (can we simply say killed?) each day because there are no homes for them. Sometimes is seems that having fur & a wagging tail gets you more status in the news than being human.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote UltraShy View Post
    While I certainly don't condone animal cruelty, I fail to understand why such things tend to elicit such a stunning level of emotion. Outrage from folks eating burgers & wearing leather which they surely know required the death of a cow. Folks who surely know that large numbers of dogs & cats (and other animals) are "put down" (can we simply say killed?) each day because there are no homes for them. Sometimes is seems that having fur & a wagging tail gets you more status in the news than being human.
    You do bring up a valid point, and I can't say that all animal warehouse/processing factories have the most humane conditions - but farm animals, for the most part, aren't purposely tortured like this dog was. I think that's what most people are reacting to. The objective of whoever did this was to make this animal suffer.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Neptunus View Post
    You do bring up a valid point, and I can't say that all animal warehouse/factories have the most humane conditions - but farm animals, for the most part, aren't purposely tortured like this dog was. I think that's what most people are reacting to. The objective of whoever did this was to make this animal suffer.
    I guess my point wasn't entirely clear. Atrocities to humans happen across the globe on a daily basis, yet harm to a local dog is what will make the news. What some backwards nation most folks would be hard-pressed to find on a map does to their citizens most likely won't make the news.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote UltraShy View Post
    I guess my point wasn't entirely clear. Atrocities to humans happen across the globe on a daily basis, yet harm to a local dog is what will make the news. What some backwards nation most folks would be hard-pressed to find on a map does to their citizens most likely won't make the news.
    I totally missed that last sentence in your first post. Thank you for elaborating.

Yeah, it's sad how much is overlooked in the news - and the US, as a nation, is pretty self-absorbed in that regard. I think part of that has to do with being such a large country. And, well, it's easy to shut out things that happen far away - although that is becoming increasingly difficult with everything being online.

But yes, the media is fickle and subject to sensationalism, and this just happens to be the depraved story that caught its attention at the moment. However, just because it involves an animal doesn't make it not newsworthy, imo. Big-time newsworthy, well... I dunno. It is a horrific act regardless, and I hope they catch the sick individual that did it!

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it bad that I think in cases of animal cruelty, the person committing the crimes should be subjected to the same thing? I feel that way towards crimes against my fellow humans too...

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.