Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

laughter is the best medicine

I think in order to cope with anxiety and get over it you need to quit taking everything so seriously. Laughter really is the best medicine in this case. When you're feeling anxiety, your whole body and state of mind is tight. It's a very serious thing.

We take criticisms seriously, we take jokes seriously, we take what others may be thinking about us seriously, we take behaviors seriously and our fears seriously.

Im not saying its easy to just lose all that negativity and negative self-talk, but I am saying it will help. The fact is, theres a reason we're holding on to all of those things, so letting it all go at the drop of a hat isn't realistic.

And Im not condoning never taking anything seriously again in your life and going all out willy nilly on being silly. There are some times when its appropriate to be serious. And its really never not appropriate. My point is its a burden on your mind and soul. Its a heavy load, and you're gonna carry that weight until you let it go.

I hope something, somewhere in this incoherent rambling helps somebody at some time in some way
    “A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside it remains the same.” — Brock

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ContentContent
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Smiling is just as effective
    life---> <---me

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree. Laughing definitely improves my mood.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    right on!
    “A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside it remains the same.” — Brock

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    FlirtyFlirty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know it usually works for me, finding the humor or ridiculousness in something, and laughing before I know it.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no one's definition of your life;
    Define Yourself
    -Robert Frost-

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If it wasn't for my sense of humor about my life, I don't think I could survive. Unfortunately, people tend to think I don't care when I make fun of myself. But, yeah, my sense of humor about myself has gotten me through a lot of tough times. I love seeing the ridiculousness in serious things, but it gets me in trouble sometimes, well a lot of times-lol
    I don't get a signature.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I tend to use self-deprecation a lot, too. people think im actually putting myself down but im just taking the piss.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree! My new years resolution was to laugh more. I'm trying to find the humour in more things and when I do laugh, everything relaxes and seems like much less of a big deal than it initially did.

Koalafan's Avatar Socially inept Koala
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Without laughter this world would be such a dreary place...well atleast more so

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi sorry but laughing has the opposite effect on me,last month my hubby and myself went to a theatre to see "the 39steps"although it's a favourite film of ours,and a mystery thriller this was like a comedy version.if you have seen the film I will give you a little bit of a taster.in the film it takes you to a scene on a train,on the stage they had 3 tea chests as seats,in the back ground they had music playing of a train,the people who was sat on the "seats"were moving to the motion of the train.then going across the stage from one side to the other was a kiddies train,I would say at least 3/4 of the audience laughed including myself.my was a real belly laugh and lasted for quite a few minutes.soon after I had to go out of the theatre I had brought on a big panic attack.during the remainder of the film I was feeling anxious throughout.it did not improve over the next few hours.in fact it got worse to the extent of me ringing out of hours doctors twice and me to end up walking the streets on my own at 1 o'clock in the morning.when I went to see my gp in the morning I was told that my panic attack was brought on by hyperventilating.so now for me I am not laughing out loud any more.x
    jean x

things always happen for a reason,but we donot always agree.x

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    ColdCold
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Yeah, laughter keeps me somewhat sane. Particularly if I'm able to laugh about the parts of anxiety that seem silly and ridiculous when I think over them later. I found this a while back:

Know that probably wasn't what you meant, but still.
    I'M GONNA FIGHT 'EM ALL
    A SEVEN NATION ARMY COULDN'T HOLD ME BACK.......

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol no, the turtle comic was very cute and funny. I like laughing at myself, too. Probably one of my favorite comedy series is, "Jake and Amir" on the internet, and they use a lot of humor involving insecure and awkward people.

and its okay, Spottit, everyone in the world has had an embarrassing laugh before just try not to dwell on it, I enjoy hearing people laugh even if they sound silly

Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HyperHyper
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I agree that laughter can be very healthy. And healing. And actually great for longevity. The people I know who live long are the ones who laugh.
    The Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.