CeCe's Avatar Diamond Girl
    Forum Addiction:

I'm feeling
    HappyHappy
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Handcuffs with Tasers? The future

Handcuffs with tasers - High-tech handcuffs can shock, inject prisoners ... They're based on the principle of the Taser, which uses electrodes to administer high-voltage .......

In addition to being able to immobilize prisoners, the handcuffs are stuffed with sensors that would allow location tracking. For example, the cuffs can be used as proximity monitor which would warn a prisoner if they are getting too close to a restricted zone. In addition this same proximity monitor could be used to separate two prisoners who aren’t getting along.

The handcuff patent goes on to describe one more interesting feature, and that is its ability to administer drugs or sedatives by means of injection.
    http://www.engineering.com/DesignerE...er-Future.aspx

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't think these are truly necessary except in the most extreme of cases. And even then...hmmm...not so sure these are a good idea.
    "You can never really know a person and if you think you can, you're living in a fucking dream world!" David Fisher, Six Feet Under

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds awesome! Now all they need is.....

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote GoatHorned View Post
    Sounds awesome! Now all they need is.....

Hahaha, I know right?

It just sounds kind of torturous to me and I am not one who is of the mind set that anyone who has done something "BAD" needs to be tortured. There are a great deal of people put in prisons in this country that should not be there.

And Ventura you make a great point about using them on the mentally ill.
    "You can never really know a person and if you think you can, you're living in a fucking dream world!" David Fisher, Six Feet Under

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WineKitty View Post
    Hahaha, I know right?

It just sounds kind of torturous to me and I am not one who is of the mind set that anyone who has done something "BAD" needs to be tortured. There are a great deal of people put in prisons in this country that should not be there.

They would be great for transporting a troublesome prisoner. No other purpose really.

shelbster18's Avatar I'm a gangsta crayon.
    Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote WineKitty View Post
    Hahaha, I know right?

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Forum Addiction:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Ventura View Post
    Makes me want to wonder when they'll use these on the mentally ill.....
    Or be used by tyrants. Think of China where "mentally ill" = anybody who disagrees with their government.

Or abused by somebody who "accidentally" hits the shock button. And then "accidentally" hits it again & again till the battery is dead.

Made with <3
Anxiety Space is not a replacement for a fully qualified doctor.